Hopkins vs. Tarver

Anyone see hopkins beat the shit out of Tarver? You guys think he’s really done?

Didnt see it, but he was asked if 20 million were on the table would he fight again. He says hed come out of his grave for that kind of money, hell who wouldnt.

I’m waiting until next Saturday for the HBO replay and the Winky Wright v. Jermaine Taylor fight. That should be a good one.

I’ve read Hopkins pretty much completely dominated Tarver from the get go, which is surprising. Tarver’s comments after the fight about waking up and just feeling like you were a step behind that day sounds like BS to me. It seems to me the only way you’d be a step behind with such a huge fight like that would be because you were distracted (trying to be an actor) and not training (staying close to your weight) like you should be.

Good job, Hopkins - Hope to see you fight again.

B-Hop put on a clinic that rivaled Calzaghe-Lacy. What a supreme performace. I think B-Hop would be smart to go out on an incredible note like that, but money talks and if its another classic match-up like this one I hope he takes it.

Tarver reminded me of Lennox Lewis when Lewis was filming Ocean’s 11, came in soft and untrained, and got KTFO by Rahman.

I’ve always said Tarver was a nobody. He never had any talent. He beat Jones because Jones had nothing left in him, being too distracted with rapping and other stuff. To me he is another Vernon Forrest.

hops is the man tarver beat alot of good fighters cant take that away from him

anyone one else pissed that hopkins makes history and they dont even talk about it on any of the sports shows

The only time they ever talk about boxing on any sports shows is when Tyson is in the news.

It’s friggin’ ridiculous.

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
The only time they ever talk about boxing on any sports shows is when Tyson is in the news.

It’s friggin’ ridiculous.[/quote]

I agree fully. The heavy weight division needs some big names, (like Tyson, Foreman when he came back) to bring the sport back into the big spot light again. I thought Vladimir and Vitali were going to be it but that looks like a bust.

[quote]jjay wrote:
anyone one else pissed that hopkins makes history and they dont even talk about it on any of the sports shows[/quote]

what sport shows do you listen to? or watch?

B-hop was in “the jungle” today…Plus, jim rome always pimps b-hops…

[quote]jimmyjames66 wrote:
Anyone see hopkins beat the shit out of Tarver? You guys think he’s really done?[/quote]

So just because hopkins won that means that he beat the hell out of him???

Jim Rome showed Hopkins and Tarver twice each in the recent weeks before their fight. He also showed Mayweather before his recent fight.

I believe he talks more about boxing than any other cable sports show that’s on around this area of the country at least, which is great, but it’s still not nearly enough.

The Super Bowl this year was horrible and they talked about it for weeks afterwards, hell they’re still talking about it.

It doesn’t matter how great a boxing match is, they might have a 3 minute segment about it on SportCenter the next day or have a boxing special if a fighter is seriously injured.

Other than that, boxing news is hidden. I have to go to fightnews.com for info on it.

[quote]Monster Tech wrote:
jimmyjames66 wrote:
Anyone see hopkins beat the shit out of Tarver? You guys think he’s really done?

So just because hopkins won that means that he beat the hell out of him???[/quote]

Did you watch the fight? That qualified as a shit kicking if I ever saw one. Hopkins looked like he was on his way to the fight at the end, Tarver looked like a man who just had the worst day of his career.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

I agree fully. The heavy weight division needs some big names, (like Tyson, Foreman when he came back) to bring the sport back into the big spot light again. I thought Vladimir and Vitali were going to be it but that looks like a bust.
[/quote]

Wlady is rumored to be taking on James Toney this fall in the USA, hopefully that will give a boost to the division. Seeing Toney get his face smashed will bring me great pleasure.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

[/quote]

The more famous names are in the lower divisions now…the Gattis, Mayweathers, etc.

Boxing is rarely paid attention to anymore, and that sucks.

Don’t worry guys Hopkins is getting a street and a school named after him in North Philly

[quote]realt81 wrote:
I’ve always said Tarver was a nobody. He never had any talent. He beat Jones because Jones had nothing left in him, being too distracted with rapping and other stuff. To me he is another Vernon Forrest.[/quote]

tarver was too busy playing movie star to train hard for Hopkins