Hooters Wings

Normally I don’t eat stuff like wings, but tonight my friends and I are going to Hooters to stuff our faces with wings.

I was just curious though, what kind of nutritional value do these hot wings have? I mean, you get your protein from the meat, but what about as far as fat content is concerned? They aren’t fried or anything, so is it probably all animal saturated fat? Also, what does the sauce do to it?

Thanks for any input.

The wings are fried, so there will be at least a little extra fat from the oil.

I did a quick search and these are the results for 2 pieces of generic fried chicken wings:

494 calories
29.5g fat
7.8g sat. fat
19.6g carbs
35.7g protein
148mg cholesterol
975mg sodium

“Nobody goes to Hooters for WINGS”.

-Chris Rock

[quote]Professor X wrote:

-Chris Rock[/quote]

That song has so many great quotes and some great words of wisdom!

They taste like shit, I don’t know why people talk about them so much.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

-Chris Rock[/quote]

Shit, he’s never been to my local Hooters then…

[quote]joeymotts wrote:
Normally I don’t eat stuff like wings, but tonight my friends and I are going to Hooters to stuff our faces with wings.

I was just curious though, what kind of nutritional value do these hot wings have? I mean, you get your protein from the meat, but what about as far as fat content is concerned? They aren’t fried or anything, so is it probably all animal saturated fat? Also, what does the sauce do to it?

Thanks for any input.[/quote]

The sauce makes them taste good. And here’s a tip: If you eat the wings really fast, you’ll have ingested a good amount before you’re full. Take it from a fatass…it works!

Good luck and have fun.

DD

Ain’t that the truth. The one here in NYC has ZERO talent. The only other one I’ve been to was in New Orleans years ago, and that also had zero talent. I think they’re somewhat known for having fairly lame talent, despite the whole theme of the place.

Oh, and the food really does suck donkey balls.

But the whole thing is a good concept, if only it were executed right.

[quote]devilBASTARDdog wrote:
Professor X wrote:

-Chris Rock

Shit, he’s never been to my local Hooters then…[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
Ain’t that the truth. The one here in NYC has ZERO talent. The only other one I’ve been to was in New Orleans years ago, and that also had zero talent. I think they’re somewhat known for having fairly lame talent, despite the whole theme of the place.

Oh, and the food really does suck donkey balls.

devilBASTARDdog wrote:
Professor X wrote:

-Chris Rock

Shit, he’s never been to my local Hooters then…

[/quote]

You clearly have not been to Texas. That is home to big tittied, long legged Hooters employees.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
They taste like shit, I don’t know why people talk about them so much. [/quote]

Because they’re good. Damn dude. You’re anti-gun and now anti-wings? Stop attacking all that makes America great. Love it or leave it baby!

DD

[quote]joeymotts wrote:
They aren’t fried or anything…[/quote]

?!?!?

How do they make wings where you’re from?

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I did a quick search and these are the results for 2 pieces of generic fried chicken wings:

494 calories
29.5g fat
7.8g sat. fat
19.6g carbs
35.7g protein
148mg cholesterol
975mg sodium[/quote]

That seems a bit high, I think those are for drumsticks. The Hooters food sucks, but here in Houston you’ll catch some sassy lil philly’s runnin’ around in those orange shorts.

Ker’s Winghouse > Hooters

They taste like shit, I don’t know why people talk about them so much. [/quote]

you are crazy. there is nothing like downing pitchers of beer and gobbling platters of hooters hot wings with your buddies.

[quote]devilBASTARDdog wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Because they’re good. Damn dude. You’re anti-gun and now anti-wings? Stop attacking all that makes America great. Love it or leave it baby!

DD
[/quote]

I’m not anti-gun at all, I don’t know where that came from.

And no, those wings taste like shit man. The beer tastes good, but I could go to a strip clubs and see better looking naked ones…

I’m not anti-Hooters, I just think they’re a little too idealized…the broads there just aren’t all that great looking.

[quote]joeymotts wrote:

Thanks for any input.[/quote]

If you’re going to Hooters for wings, I wouldn’t worry too much about the nutritional content. A night at Hooters is definitely going to go in the “mega-cheat meal” category, so don’t expect to make yourself feel better about it by looking at numbers.

I don’t know how they compare to the wings you’d get at most bars, but I can guess by the way I feel immediately after eating them that they’re pretty damn bad for you. If you’re trying to burn fat, avoid Hooters like the plague. If you’re not as worried about dietary indiscretion, then go enjoy yourself, and worry about damage control later.

Of course, Hooters wings are probably a big part of the reason why I’m now doing the Velocity Diet… for the second time…

Picking up chicks at hooters is like taking a prostitute to dinner.

devilBASTARDdog wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

DD

I’m not anti-gun at all, I don’t know where that came from.

And no, those wings taste like shit man. The beer tastes good, but I could go to a strip clubs and see better looking naked ones…

I’m not anti-Hooters, I just think they’re a little too idealized…the broads there just aren’t all that great looking.[/quote]

Ooops, got you confused with someone else…I don’t go on the Political Forum anymore…

[quote]Damici wrote:

[/quote]

Kind of like communism eh?