T Nation

Hoornstra New Bench World Record @275

His coach, T-Nation contributor Josh Bryant giving the handoff…

I assume he was trying to cut to 242 and missed it by 4lbs. Would have been even crazier to put that number in the weight class below!

He has the 242 WR with like 661 or something. I’d like ot see him forget about bw for a little and see how close to the all time WR he can get

[quote]Curls4Girls wrote:
He has the 242 WR with like 661 or something. I’d like ot see him forget about bw for a little and see how close to the all time WR he can get[/quote]
Well see that’s what he said he wanted to do as well. So I’m not really sure why he’s still muckin around at this bodyweight. He said he wants the overall bench record, and if he’s gonna go for that he’s gonna have to gain the weight like you said.

I’ve heard a couple things from him. Of course he wants the big record, but he’s also mentioned hitting 700 at 242. A post since this last weekend, he says he’s done worrying with bodyweight, for now.

He did miss his cut for this meet.

Kind of a soft hand off, but that’s a hell of a press. That “dive bomb” descent scared me on first viewing.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Kind of a soft hand off, but that’s a hell of a press. That “dive bomb” descent scared me on first viewing.[/quote]

Me too. Has he always benched like that or is he working the heavy voodoo?