Hooray For Me

after inguinal surgery last year i finally got back to where i started in the gym

400lb deadlift for a grand total of 2 reps today,

so i’m now nearly as strong as most of you were when you were 12 years old… :wink:

Well, for what it’s worth, you’re making me look like a spaghetti-legged weakling, and I have no surgery to blame for lagging behind! Keep up the good work, and you’ll be stronger than ever before in no time!

Nice.

What surgery did you have for the back?

Koing

hernia surgery, unfortunately not keyhole, the full chop you open and put their hand in type

[quote]legend wrote:
hernia surgery, unfortunately not keyhole, the full chop you open and put their hand in type[/quote]

Aight.

I had a prolapse disc (DL and Gymnastics related) and it was pinching my sciatic nerve and f0cking me. I had rehab for 9months with a Chiro (he was ACTUALLY good for me, seriously sceptical but hey I gave it a go, got a lot more moblity again but not my 100% range) and fixed me to a certain point but he was honest and after a point he said he couldn’t do more for me.

The Osteopath I saw was RUBBISH and I stopped seeing him. It was a joke.

BUT over one funky weekend my back felt A LOT BETTER. I could bent forwards again and cough and sneeze with a lot less pain. Then started lifting again, adding 5Kg a week and I am nearly 100%. I don’t think I’ll ever be 100% but I’ve lift a lot more now though.

The Dr’s gave surgery as an option for me. My coach has never seen anyone who has had back surgery gone on to lift the same pre injury, let alone more :(.

I Clean Pulled 160Kg and my best DL was 170Kg. I am still weary a bit on heavy pulls, but my back is as straight as ever.

Koing