Honeymoon Planning Help

Looking for advice from those that have gone through it or even those who have stayed at resorts.

I’m looking at Sandals and they have 2 packages that interest me, one being $1000 more and not sure if it’s worth it or not.

Option 1: no oceanview, but a jacuzzi $1000 less (I do like jacuzzi’s and $1000 less is nice

Option 2: you can walk right out the door that is steps from the beach, also comes with concierge and room service

input?

All inclusive, all adults (Aventura), not swingers, cheaper than Sandals, free room service, booze and jacuzzi in the room. Ocean view is overrated IMHO - we were only there for sleep and sex. If you want to see the ocean, go down to it.

thank PMPM, Sandals is running an awesome deal for the next week 60% off, but I’ll check out the link you posted

I’ve been to the Sandals on Turk’s and Caico’s Islands. Very good hotel selection… excellent service, all inclusive, great night life and dinners. Should be a blast.

I’ve been looking at the Sandals one and I’m pretty set on the Royal Caribbean one. Has it’s own private island that you can kayak to or take a boat.

[quote]Drizzt wrote:
I’ve been to the Sandals on Turk’s and Caico’s Islands. Very good hotel selection… excellent service, all inclusive, great night life and dinners. Should be a blast.

[/quote]

Turks & Caicos is awesome! Been there twice. We thought Sandals was WAY too expensive, so we stayed at a smaller hotel that was all inclusive.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

All inclusive, all adults (Aventura), not swingers, cheaper than Sandals, free room service, booze and jacuzzi in the room. Ocean view is overrated IMHO - we were only there for sleep and sex. If you want to see the ocean, go down to it.[/quote]

Good advice there.

I don’t know how much all these different places cost…but Grand Lido Braco is very very nice if you want to check it out.

More Jamaica advice…from personal experience:

Take lots of US $1s and $5s!!! Jamaican market vendors don’t understand the concept of “change”…like when you give them more than an item costs…huh…what? If all you have is a $20…then suddenly everything costs $20.

All-inclusive is the way to go…you will have a great time without worrying about your wallet.

Dunns River Falls is definitely fun (if you can swing it, go on a Sunday when the cruise ships aren’t there).

In my opinion, the falls is probably as much of the island as you want to see. Everything and everyone you really want to see will be right there with you…or available outside your door at the resort.

“Jamaica time” is…“no problem” until you are ready to head for the airport to catch your flight and then it can be really annoying. And the Jamaican airport employees really don’t care if your airplane leaves Jamaica on time…very…annoying.

Don’t let someone try to tell you that you have to pay the Jamaican departure tax ($27 USD per person) when you leave. You have already paid it when you bought your airline ticket (you may want to double check though).

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Looking for advice from those that have gone through it or even those who have stayed at resorts.

I’m looking at Sandals and they have 2 packages that interest me, one being $1000 more and not sure if it’s worth it or not.

Option 1: no oceanview, but a jacuzzi $1000 less (I do like jacuzzi’s and $1000 less is nice

Option 2: you can walk right out the door that is steps from the beach, also comes with concierge and room service

input?[/quote]

Having been in rooms with and without ocean views, I’d take the room without it. I have found that when I’m in a hotel room, I spend very little time looking out the window.

I went to Tabacon Lodge at Arenal Volcanoe in Costa Rica for mine. Errupting Volcanoe View from room > Ocean view from room imho.

A wise women once told me that when you go on a honeymoon, it doesn’t matter if you are on the beach or go to some exotic place. You never come out of your room, you just fuck the entire time you are there.

Sandals Jamaica

anyone been to Atlantis? I’m a water slide guy and they seem to have an awesome selection for a resort.

Granted, won’t be the deciding factor.