Honey OK While Cutting?

Dear friends ,

I am on my cutting phase and early morning I eat 50grams cooked oatmeal with 1tabelspoon of bee honey.

I don’t eat sugar or any sweet stuff. But I only use this 1tabel spoon of beehoney in the morning. Is that ok while in cutting and low carbs diet ?

Thank you for your responses.

Will work fine as long as your caloric deficit is ok.

1 Like

Why are you eating oats and honey on a low carb diet?

Oats and honey are fine if your caloric deficit accounts for it. They sure as hell aren’t low carb though.

3 Likes

Are there… other kinds of honey? This is news to me.

1 Like

Yes, you can eat it for some of your carb allotment.

Now that you’ve written “bee honey” I’m curious which other insect’s honey you have tried.

Mosquito honey. Mmmm!

1 Like
1 Like

Yes. Moth, dung beetles, pirahna and Pandas all produce honey

I’d ditch it
It’ll make your cut easier

It scares me so much that you’re asking this now after finishing a 4-month steroid cycle.

Like the guy’s have said, it can definitely be fine, but honey is straight carbs (straight sugar, really). I’m hoping there’s a scoop of protein or some eggs being had with the oatmeal, though.

1 Like

Honey from Asia… like a lot of other things from there is faked. China mixes syrup with honey to boost profits. It is illegal to do that, but China doesn’t really concern itself with such matters. So make sure you are buying local honey.

1 Like

…you drizzle liquid carbs over your carbs for breakfast on your low carb diet?

3 Likes

As others have said, this sounds like a fine breakfast…but not if you are on a low carb diet. Why not have eggs, avocado, and nuts or something more like this for a low carb, healthy breakfast.

That said…I do love me some honey.

1 Like