Honda Shadow 2001

Worth to buy it? is second hand, the owner barely use it and wants to cash it. it has some rust on some accesories. I boldly want a Harley, but can’t afford it (by now). Just want this to enhance, cash and get other better.

[quote]juanjromero wrote:
Worth to buy it? is second hand, the owner barely use it and wants to cash it. it has some rust on some accesories. I boldly want a Harley, but can’t afford it (by now). Just want this to enhance, cash and get other better.[/quote]

Honda shadow is a good bike. Depends on how much. I would compare to other cruisers if that is what you are looking for.

I agree that the Shadow is a good bike. However, you are going to be doing a lot of flipping if you want to work your way up to a Harley from there. Bikes are a lot like boats and rarely appreciate in value. Unless you steal it from the guy, you are not going to be able to put $3k into the bike and get $5k out of it. For example, my bike has about $3k in extras. I could probably get about half of that back if I took it off the bike and sold it piecemeal. However, on the bike, I would be lucky to get $500 for all of it.

You can find a good estimate of what the value of the bike is here:

http://www.kbb.com (lower left side)

Do not give the owner too much cash for the accessories, as they do not increase the bike’s blue book value much. This is even more true if they have rust on them.

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:
I agree that the Shadow is a good bike. However, you are going to be doing a lot of flipping if you want to work your way up to a Harley from there. Bikes are a lot like boats and rarely appreciate in value. Unless you steal it from the guy, you are not going to be able to put $3k into the bike and get $5k out of it. For example, my bike has about $3k in extras. I could probably get about half of that back if I took it off the bike and sold it piecemeal. However, on the bike, I would be lucky to get $500 for all of it.

Do not give the owner too much cash for the accessories, as they do not increase the bike’s blue book value much. This is even more true if they have rust on them.
[/quote]

Good post. Get it cheap if you can and enjoy it.

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:

[/quote]

Gold advice! Tks.