Homo Epidemic?

The known list of carriers is long: Tom Foley, Ted Haggard, Bob Allen, James Guckard.
Newest victim of the virus (which seems to target exclusively morally staunch republicans) is Larry Craig.

Apparently, the disease is totally immune to holy sermons. How many tragedies have to happen until someone discovers the bible verses, whose reciting will end this nightmare? How many hypocrites’ careers have to end?

Will America have it’s first gay president soon?

It is amazing how liberals love to gay bash when the target is an in the closet Republican.

Hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. As usual.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
The known list of carriers is long: Tom Foley, Ted Haggard, Bob Allen, James Guckard.
Newest victim of the virus (which seems to target exclusively morally staunch republicans) is Larry Craig.

Apparently, the disease is totally immune to holy sermons. How many tragedies have to happen until someone discovers the bible verses, whose reciting will end this nightmare? How many hypocrites’ careers have to end?

[/quote]

Maybe he’ll be a tepichfresser (carpet chewer)!! :wink:

BTW: forgive my poor Deutch.

I wonder if all those years as a registered Republican will be considered a strike against my otherwise perfect record of heterosexuality?

What’s the difference between a socially conservative Republican and a log cabin Republican?

Honesty and a tracking anklet.

[/quote]

I still dont understand the reasons why the US is the only country in the western world where no gay people or atheists can get elected for anything. Anyone in the mood to enlight me?

Well, that explains why I can’t be a politician. I like women, preferably living women.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
I still dont understand the reasons why the US is the only country in the western world where no gay people or atheists can get elected for anything. Anyone in the mood to enlight me?[/quote]

Its because the press tells us it isn’t going to happen and the electorate continue to believe it. It’s easier to follow the river downstream than try to fight the current.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
I still dont understand the reasons why the US is the only country in the western world where no gay people or atheists can get elected for anything. Anyone in the mood to enlight me?[/quote]

Does the name Barney Franks ring a bell? How about James McGreevey?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
It is amazing how liberals love to gay bash when the target is an in the closet Republican.

Hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. As usual.[/quote]

Heh, you know damned well that Republicans use the gay issue to mobilize their voters. This makes it a great area to highlight when the opportunity arises. You do know this is not “gay bashing” but Republican party bashing?

Nice try spinmeister.

Hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. As usual.[/quote]

Where is he bashing gays? Calling out hypocrites who happen to be both “anti-gay” and homosexuals themselves is not bashing.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:
I still dont understand the reasons why the US is the only country in the western world where no gay people or atheists can get elected for anything. Anyone in the mood to enlight me?

[/quote]

Wasn’t James McGreevey forced to come out of the closet? At least he admitted that he’s a “gay american” before resigning.

Don’t you feel a little sorry for these people?

I do. Hypocrisy aside for one second, consider this:

I believe individual sexual preference to be outside the realm of human control; further, I believe sexuality to be a continuum and not a discrete value. There is no such thing as pure heterosexuality or homosexuality and that we reside on one side of the spectrum with “expected” human behavior tending toward biological functionality. Bi-sexuality would tend toward the center of the spectrum.

We live in a climate that is just now starting to accept human sexuality for all its differences; yet even still, it is not accepted by religious dogmatic teaching and thus will stifle free human action. Those whom have been raised by this teaching are more likely to be the ones living in hypocrisy. It is indeed hard to shake these shackles free even in adulthood.

If sexuality is not a choice and one is also raised to believe that what one “feels” naturally is evil or wrong can we not expect some people to repress it? I believe it is this atmosphere that leads to senators making sexual advances in the mens restroom, for example.

I could not imagine having to resort to this type of behavior in order to have my needs fulfilled. That would suck and that is why I feel sorry for them.

I believe it is this type of social repression that also leads to sexual depravity and misconduct in heterosexuals, as well.

But still this does not excuse our behavior as we are always required to take responsibility for our actions.

rainjack wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:

Wasn’t James McGreevey forced to come out of the closet? At least he admitted that he’s a “gay american” before resigning.[/quote]

But he was gay none the less. Nothing was said about being openly gay, proudly gay, or whatever flowery descriptor you want to add in front of the word gay.

Senator Craig may be telling the truth when he said he is not gay,
he’s bi. The devil is in the details.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:

Untrue. Google Barney Frank.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. As usual.

Heh, you know damned well that Republicans use the gay issue to mobilize their voters. This makes it a great area to highlight when the opportunity arises. You do know this is not “gay bashing” but Republican party bashing?

Nice try spinmeister.
[/quote]

1. I despise the Republicans gay bashing and they do some of it to mobilize certain voters. No question.

2. Bashing a Republican for being gay is gay bashing.

rainjack wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:

Wasn’t James McGreevey forced to come out of the closet? At least he admitted that he’s a “gay american” before resigning.[/quote]

He was forced out because he was corrupt. He tried to protect/deflect the issue of corruption by making a big deal coming out of the closet.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Don’t you feel a little sorry for these people?
…[/quote]

Yes. It is a hard life.

2. Bashing a Republican for being gay is gay bashing.[/quote]

Way to completely miss the point.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:

Wasn’t James McGreevey forced to come out of the closet? At least he admitted that he’s a “gay american” before resigning.

But he was gay none the less. Nothing was said about being openly gay, proudly gay, or whatever flowery descriptor you want to add in front of the word gay. [/quote]

Right, he WAS gay, but officially -when elected- he was not. He had to go because of it.

And to quote Barney Franks: (whom I didn’t know and had to look up in the wiki)
“The fact is, yes, the Republicans do think [homosexuality] should be a crime. And I think there�??s a right to privacy. But the right to privacy should not be a right to hypocrisy … people who want to demonize other people shouldn’t then be able to go home and close the door, and do it themselves.”