Homemade Weight Gainer

What’s good guys, my brother is an incoming jr. fairly skilled offensive lineman who has a shot at playing some pretty competitive collegiate football. His coach wants him at 260 for the start of the year, he’s 245 ish right now.

His diet is about as spot on as it could be, believe me I get on him about it lol but I figured some extra quality cals at night wouldn’t hurt in the form of a homemade gainer. What carb source should he be putting in it? Waxy maize, dextrose, idk anything about carbs.

Cottage cheese and natty peanut butter before bed. Not sure if extra carbs would be necessary right before bed. Seems other stuff might better IMO.

[quote]cueball wrote:
Cottage cheese and natty peanut butter before bed. Not sure if extra carbs would be necessary right before bed. Seems other stuff might better IMO. [/quote]

Could even throw in a scoop of MD Growth and you’d have an amazing pre-bed time snack

[quote]chobbs wrote:
What’s good guys, my brother is an incoming jr. fairly skilled offensive lineman who has a shot at playing some pretty competitive collegiate football. His coach wants him at 260 for the start of the year, he’s 245 ish right now.

His diet is about as spot on as it could be, believe me I get on him about it lol but I figured some extra quality cals at night wouldn’t hurt in the form of a homemade gainer. What carb source should he be putting in it? Waxy maize, dextrose, idk anything about carbs.[/quote]

The best weight gainer is test, tren,dbol and fuckloads of milk.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

His diet is about as spot on as it could be, believe me I get on him about it lol but I figured some extra quality cals at night wouldn’t hurt in the form of a homemade gainer. What carb source should he be putting in it? Waxy maize, dextrose, idk anything about carbs.[/quote]

The best weight gainer is test, tren,dbol and fuckloads of milk.[/quote]

Wow. Perfect advice for a high school teenager. Hope it was sarcastic, but I didn’t see a smiley.

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

Wow. Perfect advice for a high school teenager. Hope it was sarcastic, but I didn’t see a smiley.[/quote]

No, it was not. He wants to be a pro athlete, right? So, in my mind, he has to do anything possible to achieve that. And steroids are necessary.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

Wow. Perfect advice for a high school teenager. Hope it was sarcastic, but I didn’t see a smiley.[/quote]

No, it was not. He wants to be a pro athlete, right? So, in my mind, he has to do anything possible to achieve that. And steroids are necessary.[/quote]

Ahh, well, it all makes sense now. Thanks for sharing what’s “in your mind”.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
No, it was not. He wants to be a pro athlete, right? So, in my mind, he has to do anything possible to achieve that. And steroids are necessary.[/quote]
“If you’re an athlete, it’s like you’ve got an Ace card … If you have to play that Ace card to make the high school football team, you’re probably not gonna play in college. If you’ve gotta flip that Ace card to go to college and play, you’re probably not gonna play pro. If you’ve gotta flip it while you’re training for the Combine, then you’re probably gonna go pro, doesn’t mean you’re gonna stay a pro very long.” - Dave Tate.

(@7:45)

[quote]chobbs wrote:
His coach wants him at 260 for the start of the year, he’s 245 ish right now.[/quote]
He’s a high school junior that size? Geez Louise, how tall is he?

If it’s something to have at home, I’d go with the “luxury” of some real food, like a bigass tuna sandwich or something. Odds are he’s having some kind of shake during the day anyhow. Really, I don’t think waxy maize vs dextrose vs whatever carb source is especially important in this case, especially since we’re talking about a monster shake with protein and fat. Shoot for a target calorie goal and get there with “good” ingredients moreso than 2 liters of Coke with honey and liquid egg whites or some other horrendous concoction.

Also, I’d have him read everything from Dan John and Jim Wendler. Everything.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
“If you’re an athlete, it’s like you’ve got an Ace card … If you have to play that Ace card to make the high school football team, you’re probably not gonna play in college. If you’ve gotta flip that Ace card to go to college and play, you’re probably not gonna play pro. If you’ve gotta flip it while you’re training for the Combine, then you’re probably gonna go pro, doesn’t mean you’re gonna stay a pro very long.” - Dave Tate.

[quote]chobbs wrote:
His coach wants him at 260 for the start of the year, he’s 245 ish right now.[/quote]

If it’s something to have at home, I’d go with the “luxury” of some real food, like a bigass tuna sandwich or something. Odds are he’s having some kind of shake during the day anyhow. Really, I don’t think waxy maize vs dextrose vs whatever carb source is especially important in this case, especially since we’re talking about a monster shake with protein and fat. Shoot for a target calorie goal and get there with “good” ingredients moreso than 2 liters of Coke with honey and liquid egg whites or some other horrendous concoction.

[/quote]

I liked this. Sounds right. No need to jump from extra food before bed to gain 15 lbs to “get on da juice”. He’s in high school. His body is pretty much “on da juice already”.

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[/quote]

I liked this. Sounds right. No need to jump from extra food before bed to gain 15 lbs to “get on da juice”. He’s in high school. His body is pretty much “on da juice already”.[/quote]

x2 on this. So easy to gain weight at that age. I wrestled 171 my junior year and then bulked up for the next football season. I managed to get to 210, so about 40 lbs in 6 months of hard weight training and eating anything I could get my hands on.

I also recommend some quality, slow digesting fats and protein before bed. Easy time to fit in calories.

@Chris he’s 6’3"…he’s got a great frame for an o lineman…wide shoulders and a big ass

Dude. Waxy maize vs this vs that doesnt matter. Just make sure he’s in a caloric surplus. Easiest weight gainer:

1.5 cups whole milk
1 scoop chocolate whey
1 banana
6 tbs peanut butter

~1000 calories

And its not gonna all be clean weight. He’s an O lineman for god sakes

I don’t care what time of day people eat certain macros but if you want it to digest slowly start with fat & casein.

Full fat cottage cheese if my go to choice before bed.