Homemade Protein Bars

I need good recipes for homemade protein bars

I don’t know about bars, but I have a good one for brownies.

1 cup oat flour (you can grind up oats in the blender)
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp baking soda
5 egg whites
3 scoops of chocolate protein powder
3 Tbs cocoa powder
1/4 cup stevia

spray a brownie pan with butter spray
cook for 12-15 minutes at 350
I take them out when they aren’t quite fully cooked so they are moist

I noticed that different kinds of protein (isolate, concentrate, casien, egg…) yield different results so play with it
You can add raisins, nuts, or I like to add unsweetened carob chips. Sometimes I frost them with natural peanut butter.

that looks like a great recipe! can I use whole eggs instead of egg whites if I want to?

I mix 400g chocolate protein powder, 200g oats, 30g peanut butter, 30g honey and about 200 - 250ml milk. Add the milk in stages and when everything is starting to bind together in one big ball, I put it in a tray and roll it out flat. Leave the tray in the fridge overnight and then cut into bars in the morning. If I’m not trying to cut bodyfat I’ll coat them in chocolate!

I’d add a pic if I was able.

Pic!

Another pic, after adding chocolate (makes them easier to hold, honest). The light coloring in the previous pic is flaxseed. I sprinkle it on the tray to stop the mixture sticking.

Those chocolate protein bars look great, I’m going to have to try them. The brownie recipe looks good too.

[quote]TDavidTestie wrote:
I need good recipes for homemade protein bars[/quote]
Not technically “bars”, but there are recipes for no-bake protein cookies here:

And protein fudge here:

1 Like

Thanks chris

The wife and I have been making these for a few months and they taste much better than anything in the store and they are 100% natural. I really do not have the measurments handy but you kind of go by consistency. I throw whole grain oatmeal into a food processor with some flax meal, then add 2-3 scoops of vanillan protein powder, ground almonds, walnuts, and pecans and some cranberries.

Add some water and stir in a large bowl. You want them very thick. Flatten out in a pan and cut em up into sections. You may need some sugar substitute also. I tried sugar free coffee syrup in one batch and that was pretty good also.

For a good topping/dip for homemade protein bars, try putting 1 cup low fat cottage cheese + 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin + 1/2 tbsp. stevia in a food processor. Not exactly rocket surgery, but it’s delicious.

[quote]nikoV wrote:
that looks like a great recipe! can I use whole eggs instead of egg whites if I want to?[/quote]
Yeah, just cut the number of eggs in half. I also forgot, depending on the protein you use, you may need to add a splash of water to the mix.

@ Maym: Thank you for the response! I tried the recipe with the egg whites, and it’s awesome!