Homemade Protein Bar Recipe?

I’m looking for a home-made protein bar recipe.

I live in Canada and its expensive to ship Metabolic Drive. That and any other bars are hella expensive.

Anyone got any-homebrew recipes?

Here’s a step by step recipe from Krista Scott-Dixon. I make these once in a while and they’re delicious.

http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=139

any protein brownie recipes?

Bump for anyone who can add some more recipes.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
Bump for anyone who can add some more recipes.[/quote]

Bump again.

Brownies anyone?

brucevangeorge wrote:
Bump for anyone who can add some more recipes.

Bump again.

Brownies anyone?[/quote]

Precision Nutrition from Dr. John Berardi offers several recipes in his Gourmet Nutrition cookbook. Well worth the money.

Bump for anyone who can add some more recipes.[/quote]

What about the frozen peanut butter balls, combined with Metabollic Drive and flax meal?

Damn son, it’s hard to bring attention to your print with that avatar… I get about 3-4 words then my eyes drift…

Peanut Butter, Oats, and Metabolic Drive powder… Proportions can be varied as you like, use your judgement and dont be a dumbass. Bake at 350F until viscosity has thickened, have your woman/wife do this, because cooking anything non-meat in the kitchen turns you into a sissy-boy…

They fall apart relatively easy, but are very tasty. YOu can roll them into logs and wrap them in saran wrap.

Otherwise, just buy the Metabolic Drive bars… I’d highly recommend them, they are pretty-much the only bars on the market that have 0g of soy protein and taste awful

Protein Brownies:

6 scoops chocolate flavor protein powder
200g (8 oz) walnuts
100g (4 oz) unsweetened shredded coconut
4 eggs, separated
1/2 can coconut milk
1/4-1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
Splenda or other sweetener to taste

optional:
1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water

Preparation:

• Preheat oven to 350.
  • Beat egg whites with salt until stiff (the foam should “break” if a spoon is inserted)
  • Put 2/3 of the walnuts in a food processor with the protein powder and cocoa powder and process till the walnuts are fine ground.
  • Mix in the shredded coconut, sweetener, egg yolks and coconut milk with the dry ingredients. Add water until the mixture has a stiff batter consistency.
  • Gently stir in 1/3 of the beaten egg whites. Then fold in the rest. If you don’t know how to fold egg whites, find an instructional video first or something! Folding is what makes them brownies to die for rather than chocolate flavored bricks.
  • Stir in the remaining walnuts.
  • Pour in a 9" square pan.
  • Bake until firm - these bake real fast: maybe 15 minutes, less if you like them fudgey.
  • Tastes best cold from the fridge.

Makes 25 squares.
Macro breakdown per square:
Protein - 8g
Carb - 4g
Fat - 10g

AWESOME! Finally. I can eat brownies again.