Homemade Options for Chin/Dip Belt

Im seriously tired of holding DBs between my feet so i was wondering if u fellas could tell what are some options u guys use like maybe rope, chain, etc…

Thanks in advance

Duct tape?

[quote]elViolento wrote:
Im seriously tired of holding DBs between my feet so i was wondering if u fellas could tell what are some options u guys use like maybe rope, chain, etc…

Thanks in advance[/quote]

I always think safety first. Why would you want hundreds of pounds of weight supproted by your body being held by something other than ironminds de rigueur? Seriously, im SO SICK of hearing people say that something is too expensive when they then bitch that they dont have it but still “want it”…

A good sturdy belt with a big rope?

yea i’ve done some reading and realized i can use a sturdy/thick belt with 2 drilled holes running chains or a rope with a clip at the end… i dont put 100s pounds but really just the most right now is 55lbs in pullups for 6 reps and 45lbs for dips 12 reps… yea i aint the strongest but that aint the point, im just fucking tired of the dam DBs held at the feet…

put the DB’s between your thighs, it makes it a lot easier then holding them with your feet.

A good chain and two carbine hooks is a good solution. Put the chain around your waist like a belt and secure it with one of the hooks. Now a long bit of chain should dangle between your legs, wrap that around the weight and secure it with the other hook.

Wrap something soft around the “belt” portion of the chain if you want. But in the long run a real dip belt will probably be a good investment.

U cant just buy a dip belt?

seriously buy a dip belt and chain or rope online.

i use a tri pushdown rope and slide weights over the top of it, i use a carabiner to connect it to my belt buckle. works when i dont bring my dipping belt to the gym.

[quote]Matsa wrote:
A good chain and two carbine hooks is a good solution. Put the chain around your waist like a belt and secure it with one of the hooks. Now a long bit of chain should dangle between your legs, wrap that around the weight and secure it with the other hook.

Wrap something soft around the “belt” portion of the chain if you want. But in the long run a real dip belt will probably be a good investment.[/quote]

That’s just the way I built myself a dip belt, I bout a chain, 2 carabiner hooks (sorry if that’s not how it is called in English) and something that is used to insulate water pipes (sorry again I don’t know the english term)…

Here is a picture of mine, which can hold about 110kg of extra weight (tested with 60kg and works fine)

as stated buy it or build it bro. i built one to go around my neck as well, i use it for dips on chest day. around the neck forces the head forward and feet back enhancing the degree to which emphasis is placed on the chest anyways so it’s a win-win. i don’t think, for safety reasons, i’d add anything more then 2 plates/90lbs around my neck, that’s just me though my neck ain’t thick enough yet. once my head grows directly out of my shoulders i’ll know my traps are big enough to add more weight.

good luck.

With all the recommendations for buying a dipping belt, are there any recommendations for a specific belt to buy?

I bought this one for $27, works great for three 45s and would probably hold more if needed:

i just bought a regular lifting belt at a used sports store and 3 ft of chain and a clip at the hardware store. chain and clip came to like $6, so now i have a regular weight belt and a dip belt for basically the same cost as just the lifting belt. that said, harbinger dip belts are pretty decent for both price and quality

I bought a weighted vest and it doesn’t work like I had hoped. I don’t hold the weight between my feet. I hold it between my knees and the weight actually rests on my calves. It works really well.