Homemade Natural Peanut Butter

How do you make it? I’ve been looking trough half europe without finding anything that don’t contain dextrose and hydrogenized oil. But I love peanut butter sooo much, and rumors says the natural one is allso more fluid?

So how?

Crush peanuts without salt - powderlike or crispy?
Add oil - what oil? I doubt olive oil. Rasp oil? Normal… uhm… butter?
Added salt
Does it need cooking?

I think its needs to be blended really fine. My juicer has a special attachment for making nut butters, but then again my juicer was $400 and you probably don’t want to spend that much just for peanut butter. Food processors also work, but are usually just as expensive. You can try it in a blender if you have a good one. Put a tablespoon of peanut oil in the blender first, then add 2 cups of roasted peanuts and 1/2tsp of salt, or just use salted peanuts. You’ll need to keep stopping the blender and scraping down the sides. Hopefully that works for ya.

I buy natural organic peanut butter at the grocery store for like 4 bucks…they don’t have that in Norway?

If you go to a health food store, you can get PB made with only peanut butter and salt.

Maybe try an internet search for it. There are a lot of online supermarkets and supplement places that sell and ship it.

Something like shopnatural.com

Natural peanut (or almond or whatever) butter contains only nut and salt. I have some in the fridge right now…and now that I think about it I’m kinda hungry.

I recommend “Naturally More”
It is fortified with Flaxseed and flaxseed oil. It also has wheat germ in it. Taste is great.
Igredients label; roasted peanuts, egg whites, wheat germ,flaxseed, flax oil, honey, salt.

peanutsnack.com is listed on the label.

David

I just throw a pound of peanuts in a food processor and spin until it looks like PB. I add a tad o’ salt and a bit of splenda and all done. No oil needed, although might be needed in a blender.

i usually just use a sack of peanuts and a hammer. works well.

[quote]WhiteLable412 wrote:
i usually just use a sack of peanuts and a hammer. works well.[/quote]

Cool. Or you could make the peanut butter in your mouth. If you make sandwiches with it, spit it out onto the bread, or chew the bread with the peanuts. Instant peanut butter sandwich.

i buy natural peanut butter that has ONLY peanuts in it. No salt, no sugar and no vegetable oils. Crushed peanuts…thats IT! i wouldnt want any extra salt added on i have enough salt in my diet.

Have a masticating juicer? You can make some of your own peanut butter and any other variety as a matter a fact. When you control how much and what you put in, it is quite satisfying and fresh.

[quote]lovehunter wrote:
Have a masticating juicer? You can make some of your own peanut butter and any other variety as a matter a fact. When you control how much and what you put in, it is quite satisfying and fresh. [/quote]

I thought mastication was a bovine thing?

[quote]lonewolf1 wrote:
i buy natural peanut butter that has ONLY peanuts in it. No salt, no sugar and no vegetable oils. Crushed peanuts…thats IT! i wouldnt want any extra salt added on i have enough salt in my diet. [/quote]

Interesting. What brand(s) do you buy?