Homeland Security is Out of Control

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:
We are in a police state…[/quote]

Remember that next time you thank a veteran for your “freedom”.

Because if that is what their job is, they failed.

Miserably.

[/quote]

Why do you hate Amerika?[/quote]

Because Americans have very, very large penises and it makes me feel insecure?

[/quote]

You are off the mark here.

“Well, Doctor, what have we gotÃ?¢??a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”

Soldiers have provided the opportunity for freedom. It is the job of the citizenry to maintain freedom from our own government. You see, we have failed them, not the other way around.[/quote]

Name one war from WW II onward were American soldiers were fighting for American freedom.

And, remember, they took an oath to defen the consitution from “enemies foreign and domestic”

[/quote]

EVEN in the case of soldiers fighting an unjust/unnecessary war, we elected the people who sent them there. So, again, who’s failing who?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

Miserably.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are off the mark here.

“Well, Doctor, what have we gotÃ??Ã?¢??a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”

Soldiers have provided the opportunity for freedom. It is the job of the citizenry to maintain freedom from our own government. You see, we have failed them, not the other way around.[/quote]

Name one war from WW II onward were American soldiers were fighting for American freedom.

And, remember, they took an oath to defen the consitution from “enemies foreign and domestic”

[/quote]

EVEN in the case of soldiers fighting an unjust/unnecessary war, we elected the people who sent them there. So, again, who’s failing who?[/quote]

Yeah, you have a point.

[quote]SUPER-T wrote:
Yesterday I was talking to the director of homeland sec for the area I live in. A question was brought up about wire tapping and other servailence activities. He infromed us that they can put a tracking device on your car without a court order. His reasoning behind this is that you are on a public road, so it is ok. I argued that the car is private property, and should be treated as so. He did say that they can not use onstar to track unless they have a court order because that is a subscription you pay for. I argued that you pay for your car. Anyways at the end he said he saw my point, but disagreed, and I told him he was still wrong. I just wanted to get other opinoins on it.[/quote]

you are right he is wrong, nuff said.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

Miserably.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Must be something weird like that.

Why else would an Austrian feel the need to be so obsessed with the US?

Oh, that’s not a rhetorical question, so please answer.[/quote]

It must be your extraordinairily large penises.

What other reasons could there possibly be?

I mean, besides the occasional mass killings, the pending kick in the groin of the world economy, the war on drugs and the constant spying and terrorism kabuki that is spilling over into other nations, but other than that I could not imagine a reason why anybody that is not American would care.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

Miserably.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I mean, besides the occasional mass killings, the pending kick in the groin of the world economy, the war on drugs and the constant spying and terrorism kabuki that is spilling over into other nations, but other than that I could not imagine a reason why anybody that is not American would care.

[/quote]

Care =/= obsessed to the point of posting more about American issues than 90% of the Americans here, Franzelle.

But do tell, how does US airport screening policy effect you, exactly?[/quote]

They make me feel insecure about my small non-American penis.

I agree with orion in that the actions of the USA affect the whole world - and not in a good way. But by USA I mean the monetary, political and military elite who control the rest of the otherwise decent country by the use of massive propaganda, which is, sadly, far too convincing to the carefree public. The public are gullible enough to trust that the elite is not advancing selfish benefits, but rather those of the nation. There will also always be some positive issues that the government will do for the people, but the system is nevertheless corrupt.

Also, nice sarcasm orion, made me lol.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

Miserably.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Care =/= obsessed to the point of posting more about American issues than 90% of the Americans here, Franzelle.

But do tell, how does US airport screening policy effect you, exactly?[/quote]

They make me feel insecure about my small non-American penis.

[/quote]

That line may have been funny the first 100 times you used it, but it’s sickengly tired now, and is nothing more than a shabby attempt to avoid answering the question.

So answer, or admit you’re a coward.[/quote]

Ok, I admit that I am a coward.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Can government install GPS device on your car without a warrant?
11:56 am October 18, 2010, by Jay

I donÃ?¢’t understand the mental gymnastics required to believe that this kind of thing is OK:

From NPR:

Yasir Afifi, a 20-year-old computer salesman and community college student, took his car in for an oil change earlier this month and his mechanic spotted an odd wire hanging from the undercarriage.

The wire was attached to a strange magnetic device that puzzled Afifi and the mechanic. They freed it from the car and posted images of it online, asking for help in identifying it.

Two days later, FBI agents arrived at Afifi�¢??s Santa Clara apartment and demanded the return of their property �¢?? a global positioning system tracking device now at the center of a raging legal debate over privacy rights.

The FBI claims that it has the unrestricted power to attach the GPS tracker to any vehicle it chooses �¢?? yours, mine, Afifi�¢??s �¢?? without a judicial warrant or other check on its power. The Obama administration agrees, as does the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, based in San Francisco. In a case involving an alleged marijuana trafficker, the court ruled that �¢??the only information the agents obtained from the tracking devices was a log of the locations where Pineda-Moreno�¢??s car traveled, information the agents could have obtained by following the car.�¢??

But Alex Kozinski, the chief judge of the 9th Circuit, very much disagrees, arguing that the device is something straight out of Orwell�¢??s �¢??1984�¢?�³:

�¢??By holding that this kind of surveillance doesn�¢??t impair an individual�¢??s reasonable expectation of privacy, the panel hands the government the power to track the movements of every one of us, every day of our lives.�¢??

A federal appeals court in Washington agrees with Kozinski and has ruled that a warrant is required. It threw out the conviction of an alleged cocaine dealer who had been tracked for four weeks using the GPS device. The question appears headed for the Supreme Court, where it astonigishly to me legal experts predict that use of the device will be upheld.

So what makes the GPS tracking system different than being tailed? To my mind, it�¢??s the installation of the device on another person�¢??s property, without their permission and knowledge and without having to justify to a court why the intrusion is necessary. That seems a blatant violation of the right to privacy and the expectation of privacy.

At its root, the issue comes down to the Founders�¢?? intent in trying to protect individual rights. No, they didn�¢??t explicitly write prohibitions of such practices into the Bill of Rights, because they could not have conceived of the technology involved. But had they known, I have no doubt they would have rejected a warrantless intrusion of this magnitude by government.

(FYI, in the case used as an example above, Afifi�¢??s attorney claims that he �¢??was targeted because of his extensive ties to the Middle East, which include supporting two brothers who live in Egypt and making frequent overseas trips,�¢?? NPR reports. �¢??His father was a well-known Islamic-American community leader who died last year in Egypt.�¢??)

[/quote]

I would have just taken the fucking thing off and stuck it under the nearest garbage truck or police cruiser.

BG

This is what DHS is down to? Protecting a couple of bucks for the music industry?

How is that a DHS issue?

Last I checked, we still have a wide open border, an absurd policy for dealing with airline security and about one million other issues I could name regarding real homeland security issues. Hell, they can’t even use the word terrorism and an absurd, moronic, fat little lawyer is in charge of the whole thing. Don’t you think that would be a job for someone who actually dealt with security in their professional life?

I guess the guys who pegged DHS as simply about over-reach and social control were right all along.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iTUXg6dEO_TgO_SvdRVpH9F64LDQ?docId=ada6b304465447cba8e13c57f9b5b370

Looks like we got it right this time. A Somali kid was trying to blow up an explosives rigged van at a X-mas tree lighting ceremony in Portland Oregon.

The IRA had a famous saying. It could be turned around to read: “We have to be lucky all the time, they only have to be luck once.”