T Nation

Homeland Insecurity...

How many will die this time?..At least Kennedy is aware of this nationwide stupidity…Significant in light of recent terror attacks in UK…

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Get rid of the U.S. patrol cops who are supposed to be watching for suspicious activity (exterior) for cameras?..Genius…[/quote]

Presumably, someone is watching those cameras and can cover more ground a lot quicker than someone who has to walk or drive around.

Your truck scenario doesn’t really hold. Why would a cop on the ground find that truck suspicious but not someone watching from a camera? Is “terrorist truck filled with explosives” written in small letters under the bumper?

Stopping the attacks when they are in progress is not the best way to go about it. You need better investigative work to stop the attacks before they get to execution. That, while not as showy and media-friendly as storming a truck with cops, is what will save lives. Prevention, not intervention.

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Get rid of the U.S. patrol cops who are supposed to be watching for suspicious activity (exterior) for cameras?..Genius…Now the Terrorists can just park the car/truck bomb and walk away without anyone noticing, just like Oklahoma, how many will die this time?..At least Kennedy is aware of this nationwide stupidity…Write your Senate/Congress if you give a damn at all…[/quote]

Blacksnake, you a cop? A federal employee?

[quote]pookie wrote:
You need better investigative work to stop the attacks before they get to execution[/quote]
This is why you have patrol officers…
Why did I even bother…I’ll know better next time…

[quote]lixy wrote:
Blacksnake, you a cop? A federal employee?[/quote]

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
pookie wrote:
You need better investigative work to stop the attacks before they get to execution
This is why you have patrol officers…
Why did I even bother…I’ll know better next time…[/quote]

Patrol officers don’t do investigations. They patrol. No one is suggesting replacing detectives and undercover agents with cameras.

Investigative work requires intel, undercover work, wiretapping, warrants, etc. Do you think that terrorists plotting to blow something up just discuss openly, in english, on a public street corner while chewing on a falafel? And that a patrolling cop could just walk by and overhear?

sigh

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:

But…
Like I said, I should not have bothered. You know it all, Pook’. I’m just a dumbass with no understanding of the situation. In fact, I’m just an uneducated fool fumbling around in the dark, I know nothing of the subject, I have no experience whatsoever and should not have dared to even have the unmitigated gall to open my neanderthal mouth attached to my pea-sized brain.

I should thank the gods every day that I be allowed to even breath for I am so unworthy to exist in this universe. It is an affront for me to be allowed to walk upright. In fact, I should only be permitted to grovel and crawl on my hands and knees and kiss the feet of my betters in the humiliation I so richly deserve…

I am nothing, a naught, a zero, a grain of sand on a 16 lane highway. I have transgressed and am unworthy of any quarter or consideration…[/quote]

If you put half the effort towards expressing your ideas as you do exercising your stupidity, we might have an interesting discussion.

Instead, you waste most of your time being stupid and finding those ridiculous animated gifs.

What are you afraid of? Can’t defend your views? Can’t explain why you think how you think?

Do you expect to start a thread and have everyone agree with you? Do diverging opinions scare you that bad?

I suggest you find a kiddie forum running one of those PHP bulletin board. You’ll be able to fill your entire posts with stupid little blinking happy faces and probably feel a lot more at home. LOL OMGWTFBBQ!

[quote]pookie wrote:
If you put half the effort towards expressing your ideas as you do exercising your stupidity, we might have an interesting discussion.

Instead, you waste most of your time being stupid and finding those ridiculous animated gifs.[/quote]

Gnark gnark!