T Nation

Homebrew Your Own First Cycle?

Hey everyone, I guess I should first start off introducing myself and thanking everyone (mostly) for the great information that can be found on this site. I’ve been lurking around T-Nation for about a year and heavily in the steroid forums for maybe 5 months. I’m planning on running a cycle, my first, and I would ideally like to run it sooner than later because I am entering graduate school and don’t desire to have drastic changes to my physique where my peers and instructors may take notice and get suspicious.

I guess my question is would it be safer (quality wise, the chance of getting caught, (cost is important also)) to brew my own gear than to purchase it from a local dealer? I have read all of the homebrew threads and feel very confident in my abilities to do it.

For my first cycle I am looking at running a very basic Testosterone Ethanate cycle as recommend on this forums of:

Front load 700mg/First shot
W1-8 Test-E 500mg/week (250mg E3.5D
W1-8 Arimidex .25mg EOD
W10-13 Nolvadex 40/40/20/10

My stats are:
Age, 21 (22 in June)
Weight 210lbs
BF% ~12
Years lifting 5
Bench 315x3 was my best about 2 years ago. (I injured my chest and have been doing my best to recover but have had to stay away from barbell benching)
Deadlift 520lbs
Squat 405x5

I have found a research chemical site for the arimidex and nolvadex that I found on this forum but need to PM some of the vets for conformation (if they are willing). Really I need to find some source for Test-e powder…but then again, don’t we all.

So what do you guys think of my proposed cycle and the idea of brewing my first cycle?

Thanks

I have never made my own gear, and besides a few livestock products, I don’t know where you get powders, that being said:

I would think that acquiring the powders and/or brewing would be just as illegal as purchasing vials of AAS, no?

More so.

Having the powders is just the same legality wise as having finished products. With powders, theres definitely a better chance of not getting your product, with customs. Unless you somehow have a domestic source, which would be a great thing for you.

I dont think there is a problem with brewing your own cycle, given you follow standard brewing procedures and dosages are correct. Also, having a reliable powder source is also going to be important to ensure quality and that you are actually getting what youre asking for.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
I would think that acquiring the powders and/or brewing would be just as illegal as purchasing vials of AAS, no?[/quote]

Yes, I completely understand that possessing any form of testosterone without a doctors prescription is illegal, powder form or not. I simply feel, or thought, that brewing my own would 1)not have my name out in the local area, i.e. Local dealers would not know me so nothing could slip 2) I wouldn’t have to pay such a markup 3) wouldn’t I just get a letter saying that my package was detained, I would plan on having items shipped to a PO box. I just feel uneasy about the quality of the gear and the cost markup when buying from a dealer. I know that even buying the powder should cause me to question its quality as well.

Shouldn’t it be a little less difficult to obtain a powdered form?

[quote] Brook wrote:
More so.[/quote]

It is more illegal to purchase powder than vials? Is this because I could be suspected of dealing if caught?

with powders it’s a guarantee with the authorities that theres a “manufacturing” process that comes with the “possession” of said illegal substance. that being said if it’s such an amount for personal use it shouldn’t really make that much (more) of a difference legality wise. if you have a decent source the finished product will be cheap anyways…

I would say it would be more difficult to find a powder source than a finished product.

If you have put your time in the gym, look like you acutally work out then its not all that difficult to find a local source.

And just to note on what someone else said. To get 25-30 grams or less of test E powder through custom would actually be much eaiser than a few vials of a finished product.

[quote]T_Driver wrote:
with powders it’s a guarantee with the authorities that theres a “manufacturing” process that comes with the “possession” of said illegal substance. that being said if it’s such an amount for personal use it shouldn’t really make that much (more) of a difference legality wise. if you have a decent source the finished product will be cheap anyways…[/quote]

From what I’ve read LE tends to have a skewed idea of what a personal amount may consist of. Don’t always trust the cops to understand your point of view. Just something to keep in mind.

OP
The safest option you have is to live somewhere where personal use is legal. Anything else and you are taking a serious risk. It sucks

You know I use to have this crazy bastard friend that use to say something like, “give me a 55 gallon vat of cholesterol and a couple precursor chemicals and I’ll cook whatever you want”. He was a total nut job, but even he was at least just fucking around. I know some of this could be guys with a natural science background messing around on the net…but with all the shit that could go wrong I just think of some idiot reading this and taking it seriously. “Hey mom, the steroids didn’t ruin my health, contamination did…”

I really hate reading this shit…and I ain’t that concerned…so I’ll just STFU as far as home brewing goes.

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:

If you have put your time in the gym, look like you actually work out then its not all that difficult to find a local source.[/quote]

Yeah, I definitely know of a couple sources, especially at my gym. But that still doesn’t solve the potential slip of tongue between other users that I feel could easily escape into the delusional masses.

Bonez: I agree, living somewhere legal would be the best option :-). But that isn’t really an option ha. I know I am taking a serious risk, and I am doing all that is possible to move forward quietly in my area.

I guess it might help to understand my ‘urgency’ to use this summer in that I will be moving states and going to a different college at the end of August, so it would be a fresh start with an entirely new set of peers.

You’d be much more likely to be busted with charges relating to manufacturing and attempted distribution if customs did happen to sieze your powder, IMO.

[quote]GDI Inc wrote:
I know some of this could be guys with a natural science background messing around on the net…but with all the shit that could go wrong I just think of some idiot reading this and taking it seriously. “Hey mom, the steroids didn’t ruin my health, contamination did…”

I really hate reading this shit…and I ain’t that concerned…so I’ll just STFU as far as home brewing goes.[/quote]

I know of my capacity to handle and perform sterilized procedures. I would feel better about cooking an ‘unknown’ powder with other known materials in a knowingly sterile environment using what I deem sterile protocols than to buy it from a guy at the gym who got it from who knows where.

I’m not arguing with you, just trying to point out that everything we do is a risk, and I feel that doing it myself and knowing of its quality is at least a little less risky than getting a potentially contaminated vial/ampule from a guy that I have leisurely gym chats with.

[quote]GDI Inc wrote:
You know I use to have this crazy bastard friend that use to say something like, “give me a 55 gallon vat of cholesterol and a couple precursor chemicals and I’ll cook whatever you want”. He was a total nut job, but even he was at least just fucking around. I know some of this could be guys with a natural science background messing around on the net…but with all the shit that could go wrong I just think of some idiot reading this and taking it seriously. “Hey mom, the steroids didn’t ruin my health, contamination did…”

I really hate reading this shit…and I ain’t that concerned…so I’ll just STFU as far as home brewing goes.[/quote]

Personally homebrewing gear is much safer then buying stuff from some random guy or even worse an internet site.

It is rare to find pharmaceutical grade stuff so the large majority of stuff people inject is “homebrewed” at some point (if you want to use the term “kitchenbrewed”" or “warehousebrewed” go ahead but most stuff isn’t being made in a lab with human standards)

Homebrewing is so easy its silly. Someone with no more than a background in high school chemistry can do it with no problems.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
GDI Inc wrote:

I really hate reading this shit…and I ain’t that concerned…so I’ll just STFU as far as home brewing goes.

Personally homebrewing gear is much safer then buying stuff from some random guy or even worse an internet site.

It is rare to find pharmaceutical grade stuff so the large majority of stuff people inject is “homebrewed” at some point (if you want to use the term “kitchenbrewed”" or “warehousebrewed” go ahead but most stuff isn’t being made in a lab with human standards)

Homebrewing is so easy its silly. Someone with no more than a background in high school chemistry can do it with no problems. [/quote]

Fair enough. I wouldn’t use in today’s world. I’m not comfortable with this…so I won’t be commenting in these threads.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
GDI Inc wrote:

Homebrewing is so easy its silly. Someone with no more than a background in high school chemistry can do it with no problems. [/quote]

I have to agree, how can some dealer/supplier do a better job than I could at home?

The only way around this is buying pharmaceutical grade gear or getting a prescription.

Do you even have any idea how you will find a powder source yet?

From what I understand a legit powder source is hard to come by.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Do you even have any idea how you will find a powder source yet?

From what I understand a legit powder source is hard to come by.[/quote]

Sadly no. At the moment I am just toying with this the idea and weighing all the risk/benefits. It may tun out that I can’t get anything and I definetly can’t get it on my timetable. I am doing research before anything is bought.

Does my cycle look adequate for a first time? Assuming that I obtain what I am looking for and am able to proceed?

Thanks for the help and discussion/argument points everyone.

Waylander, I attempted to send you a PM about a PM I received, but your PM feature is turned off.

/thread hijack