Homebrew Q

Howdy,

Anyone know roughly how long a batch of test-e will last, suspended in sesame oil (250mg/ml)? Any storage tricks for prolonging it’s shelf-life?

Thanks

I think you mean dissolved in oil, BA/BB.
I’ve been told upwards of a year.
Are you brewing this or is it already brewed?

Have you ever saw a man with an abscess the size of a grapefruit on his butt.

It took surgery a ton of antibiotics and 3 months to get back to normal training.
If you would see how it looked you would never even consider using something homebrewed unless you have a sterile lab…

[quote]tyhill wrote:

It took surgery a ton of antibiotics and 3 months to get back to normal training.
If you would see how it looked you would never even consider using something homebrewed unless you have a sterile lab…[/quote]

Yikes…were you that unfortunate victim ?

[quote]tyhill wrote:

If you would see how it looked you would never even consider using something homebrewed unless you have a sterile lab…[/quote]

I have made my own gear for the last 2 years, and have never had anything even approaching the train wreck you describe.

Homebrew is the only way for me.

…most UGL sources don’t use a sterile lab.

Many here homebrew. It is a very simple process, but does require attention to detail, following a procedure, and being meticulous. There is absolutely no reason why you cannot produce sterile gear out of your own kitchen. no reason whatsoever; except for laziness, rushing, or just plain stupidity on the part of the brewer.

Subsequently, the vast majority of abcesses result from the same mistakes. saying not to consider homebrewed gear is a bit of a sweeping generalization.

And not to mention the fact a lot of those abcesses come from infection due to unsterile pins…

[quote]tyhill wrote:

This poster has been misinformed.

As far as the shelf life, most oils will be 6-12 months, depending on the oil, preservatives, and storage. I’ve also heard that grapefruit seed extract is a great preservative, significantly extending the shelf life, likely due to high antioxidant activity.

The problem with oil is that it goes rancid slowly over time. This process results in production of free-radicals, which are damaging to our bodies. Injecting rancid oil would likely cause more inflammation than normal, but would likely not be toxic unless under extreme conditions.

The free-radicals may interact with the hormone suspended in the oil, which would be the biggest concern for older AAS preparations. Bottom line: little health concern and possible issue with potency.

Many times an abscess will form due to the injection site not being cleaned sufficiently prior to the injection. Don’t blame this on only dirty gear because a lot of time it is due to an ignorant user of the gear.

[quote]Prisoner wrote:
Many times an abscess will form due to the injection site not being cleaned sufficiently prior to the injection. Don’t blame this on only dirty gear because a lot of time it is due to an ignorant user of the gear.[/quote]

Dude - did you get a promotion? Or did the other 21 prisoners all get released?

[quote]timhlbrk wrote:
I think you mean dissolved in oil, BA/BB.
I’ve been told upwards of a year.
Are you brewing this or is it already brewed?[/quote]

Thanks for the responses…

Yeah, it’s oil, 15%BB, 3% BA if I rember correctly. Already brewed.

As far as the shelf life, most oils will be 6-12 months, depending on the oil, preservatives, and storage. I’ve also heard that grapefruit seed extract is a great preservative, significantly extending the shelf life, likely due to high antioxidant activity.

The problem with oil is that it goes rancid slowly over time. This process results in production of free-radicals, which are damaging to our bodies. Injecting rancid oil would likely cause more inflammation than normal, but would likely not be toxic unless under extreme conditions.

I’m guessing refrigeration, though it would slow the process og going rancid, is a no-no? Is there a way to determine if the oil is rancid?

The stuff ive got i brewed about 4 months ago, so no worries at the moment, just wondering how to tell when its time to pitch it… the test e powder had an expiration date of 11-2008, but im guessing that because of the oil, it’s not going to last that long. I spaced out and dumped all 20 grams of powder in at once, instead of the 10 I had planned… DOH!!!

And at what stage does one use the grapefruit extract, and how?

Thanks again for your responses.

so what’s the recipe?

Up until recently i hadnt even heard of people homebrewing AAS. Did have a quick look and there are guides for how, including oil and instruments but generally referring to ‘hormone of your choice’ as a complete ingredient obtained elsewhere.

I have wondered how relatively small underground shops can put together AAS. If they can i suppose an indivual can. Sounds risky though, might introduce all kinds of problems but i suppose expertise and carefulness will make up for that.

How someone would go about creating the active AAS from chemistry alone i dont know, but would find interesting even if not intending to try, likewise 17-aa oral AAS.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Prisoner wrote:
Many times an abscess will form due to the injection site not being cleaned sufficiently prior to the injection. Don’t blame this on only dirty gear because a lot of time it is due to an ignorant user of the gear.

Dude - did you get a promotion? Or did the other 21 prisoners all get released? [/quote]

That’s hillareous!! but between the two of us, your the one more likely to be in jail ha ha!!!

I dug up this thread because I didn’t feel like starting another homebrew thread.

My question is in regards to the mg/ml content of gear and its effects on painful injections. Some types of prop are notorious for causing painful injections however I thought that this was due to a high BA content and not always the ester itself. I also recall many people complaining about the old Denkal T-400 being very painful in this aspect.

I am about to brew up some prop and I am trying to figure out what mg/ml should be used. Most prop that I got in the past was 100mg/ml. Recently I have been brewing up injectables that are 250mg/ml. Since 250 is kind of an odd dose for prop I was thinking of using 200mg/ml. If my previous assumptions are correct, as long as the BA content is on par with the other oils then this shouldn’t cause my prop to be painful. True or false?

[quote]2thepain wrote:
I dug up this thread because I didn’t feel like starting another homebrew thread.

My question is in regards to the mg/ml content of gear and its effects on painful injections. Some types of prop are notorious for causing painful injections however I thought that this was due to a high BA content and not always the ester itself. I also recall many people complaining about the old Denkal T-400 being very painful in this aspect.

I am about to brew up some prop and I am trying to figure out what mg/ml should be used. Most prop that I got in the past was 100mg/ml. Recently I have been brewing up injectables that are 250mg/ml. Since 250 is kind of an odd dose for prop I was thinking of using 200mg/ml. If my previous assumptions are correct, as long as the BA content is on par with the other oils then this shouldn’t cause my prop to be painful. True or false?[/quote]

I believe that to be true. Especially if you go the 2-20 route, BA to BB.

Ive brewed batches with about 1.5% BA and others with 2%. No difference noted and the higher BA content was also the stronger of the two regarding mg/ml.

Im not sure regarding the prop. Im sure bushy could fill you in on that one. But from his posts I dont recall him brewing prop that strong as well.

However if anytime in the near future I planned to brew prop I would also include some tren and masteron in the brew.