Home Workouts

So I’m 30, unemployed, live with my mom, and don’t have much money. Since I can’t afford a gym, I hung a pull-up far from the door frame. Lately, I do pull-ups and push-ups. I also have a pair of 30lb dumbbells that I sometimes do raises with.

But essentially, the workouts are pretty boring. Any ideas to spice things up without spending much/any money?

[quote]jameslightspeed wrote:
So I’m 30, unemployed, live with my mom, and don’t have much money. Since I can’t afford a gym, I hung a pull-up far from the door frame. Lately, I do pull-ups and push-ups. I also have a pair of 30lb dumbbells that I sometimes do raises with.

But essentially, the workouts are pretty boring. Any ideas to spice things up without spending much/any money?[/quote]

Spend the energy you are using to think of ways of spicing up your workout on findig a J… O… B.

You could aford a gym membership while pumping gas if you are living with your mom…

Sorry to hear about your situation but get your priorities straight!

Yeah, I hear ya. Been looking for jobs since October, but no luck.

So… best to focus on the things we have control over: a good workout.

Look up bodyweight workouts. Can still get pretty instense.

Put 2 chairs next to each other and dip between them.

Pistols(one legged squats).

Lift big rocks.

One legged calf raises…

There really is alot of shit you can do if you think harder and look it up.

Has bodyweight programs and exercises for beginners, intermediate and advanced. After you do those…start making your own programs.

I may get flamed for this but have you checked out crossfit.com? Even if you don’t follow it to the letter, they can give you good ideas for workouts with limited equipment, you’ll just have to be creative.

Also try here:

[quote]jameslightspeed wrote:
Yeah, I hear ya. Been looking for jobs since October, but no luck.

So… best to focus on the things we have control over: a good workout.[/quote]

If you are looking for a job, at least for the present time I would check into security. Allied-Barton has a large presence in the Ga. area. Good luck man, times are tough