Home Workout Without Equipment?

So my country and the majority of Europe is shut down. I think the same goes for the states.

So what would be the ultimate workouts without gym equipment?

Strength, conditioning, hypertrophy… or just keeping light until it goes off.

Discuss…

So my country and the majority of Europe is shut down. I think the same goes for the states.

So what would be the ultimate workouts without gym equipment?

Strength, conditioning, hypertrophy… or just keeping light until it goes off.

Discuss…

Gonna need one of these

But one of my favorite “stuck inside” workouts is 1000 push ups.

20 push ups, every minute on the minute, for 50 minutes.

Tabata protocol burpees are great too, as is the 100 burpee challenge (100 in as short of time as possible)

3 Likes
5 Likes

I was going to comment that Alan has a good video out.

Anotha!

3 Likes

I like (5 min. on an airdyne+20 pushups+ 20 sit ups) X 5.

1000 burpee challenge

100rounds of- 1HSPU+2pistols/leg+3burpees

variations of Cindy and Mary… with burpees inbetween…

Yeah, I have burpee problem :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice one. I might add 10 pull ups to each round, and try that tomorrow.

1 Like

Cool! Let me know how you like it.

I started doing it a couple of months ago but you adapt pretty quickly. Then Emily mentioned sit ups, so I threw those in.

Then I started throwing in curls too, but pull ups are likely better.

Anyways, it’s a nice way to get a lot in to a half hour.

1 Like

Because im cutting food intake to save it for the nursing mother i am sticking to 100 situps, 50 pushups, 30 pullups dailey and 2 mile couple days a week run early in the am while all the nosepickers are still asleep. works good enough to tell body no canabalizing. treat it like a cut to lean out. was digging 5/3/1 too bad

30 pullups because 10 sets of 3 for the “biceps every day”, 50 was just a easy number i can get in, by then figured double the situps to get my 1(00), so theres my Corona 50/30/100 routine

still considering getting / wishing i had concrete weights in the yard to throw around but a 50lb kettle bell is versatile enough and i use it for the first sets of pullups

2 Likes

Push in whatever way you can.

Backpack full of something is fair resistance and high reps is always a great challenge

Pistol Squats (+ weight if able)
Weighted Lunges
Weighted Pull Ups
Weighted Push Ups / 1 Arm Push Up
Handstand Push Ups
Back Pack Rows
Back Pack Curls
Back Back Triceps Extensions

Carries with the heaviest things in your home
Car Pushes lol?

1 Like

This sounds horrific. Can you get through it without losing reps?

I’m definitely doing this at the next work meeting on the road, so everyone really thinks I’m weird. I anticipate laying in just a pool of sweat, spit and vomit, maybe some tears, in front of the hotel treadmills. Then a whole day of getting an entire table to myself.

Yeah. Last 4 sets tend to suck. I have gotten it done in fewer than 50 before, but that gets rough.

It’s a solid way to be sore for a week or so. Ridiculous pump.

I can imagine. I’m going to give it a shot at some point when in the road, because I don’t think I hate myself enough to do it with other options, but I’m betting I’ll be struggling the last half hour!

2 Likes

Jump over to the Velocity Diet section and look at the V-Burn challenges.
Also, Brian Alsruhe’s videos on building work capacity and any of his Conditioning videos have good take-aways. Good call on Thrall’s vid too.

For me it’s a good time to focus on the things I’m not good at doing like I should - mobility, stretching, and more conditioning

2 Likes

Dragging an old tire around the yard is a nice outdoor workout.

1 Like

You broke my notion that “You can always bang out a quick 20 pushups.”.

Well maybe not after the previous 900.

Damn you.
:rofl:

2 Likes

I just did it. My exact workout was:

Airdyne 5 min, 20 push ups, 10 pull ups, 10 roll outs, 20 pull aparts. Repeat 5 times.

After: neck work and forearm work.

It was a good workout. I like that I got in conditioning but doing it in 5 minute chunks made it mentally more fun than just going straight for 25 min.

I am working around a nerve injury, so I’m cutting out all barbell work for at least 1 month but maybe longer. I’m trying to design some workouts that are in this vein. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

You somehow managed to have perfect timing