T Nation

Home Workout Program

Hello everyone!

I recently discovered this site, and I find it very interesting and useful!
I have been searching on these forums for home workout programs without any luck, though.

I am a 17 year old guy looking to make some workout at home. I do not have time to go to the gym every other day, but I have some time to spend when @ home.

I have a fairly high fat percentage at the moment, but I do not look fat when you look at me.

Do any of you guys have some stuff I could do every day to train my breast, biceps, triceps and stomach? I do not want a bodybuilder body, I would just like to be 'marked', if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

You're thinking about it all wrong. Training a few isolated body parts is not only silly, but entirely un productive. Don't worry, no one is going to mistake you for a bodybuilder anytime soon.

You need to work your entire body. Your legs, back and ass are your biggest muscle groups, capable of doing the most work and having the most impact on your overall physique through fat loss and muscle gain.

Do you have any weight lifting experience? You can get a flat bench, barbell and weight set relatively cheap (nearly free if you look for used stuff on craigslist or similar). Add a few dumb bells and a chinup bar and you can do pretty much any exercise worth worrying about.

Even without weights (especially if you are currently untrained) you can do quite a bit.

If you have access to weights and a chinup bar you could get started on something like this

day 1
Bench press
Barbell row
Overhead Press

day 2
Dumb bell Goblet squat
Dumb bell Reverse lunge
Glute bridge

day 3

day 4
repeat day 1

day 5
repeat day 2

You can do abdominal work as part of your warm up or cooldown, or on off days, or before bed or whenever, it doesn't need to be a major focus as all of these exercises will require the use of your abs, obliques etc. as stabilizers.

If you don't have access to weights you could do a single day full body routine consisting of

body weight squats
glute bridges
arm extended planks

You should be able to recover from something like that easily enough to do it every day.

If fat loss is your goal then diet will be a major consideration.