T Nation

Home Training Program

Hey everyone.
I just wanted to post my training program on this board to get some feedback. Keep in mind while reading this that since this program is something that I do at home, I don’t have a lot of material available. Basically, I have an incline/decline bench and some dumbbells, on which I can put enough weight for now. I just wanted to know if major adjustments should be made and if you can give me suggestions. I know there is a bunch of programs made by professionnals right here, but this one fits with the material I have. I don’t have the money for a gym subscription at the moment, but I still want to train at home. And since my funds are very low, buying new material is very unlikely. I don’t have a barbell (but it will probably be my next buy in a couple of weeks) and no place to do Dips, but have nice door frames (for chins…). I’m a more than full time student with exams every 3 weeks (medical student…), so I don’t have much leisure time ( I basically eat, sleep, train and study). Nutrition is dialed in, Massive Eating style. Being a skinny ass punk, my main goal would be mass gains with associated strength, without much consideration for fat gain…at least not for the next 50 pounds… And yeah, looking good nekkid is always an unspoken goal. Anyway, here it is:

Mondays: everything 10 x 3 a la Waterbury
-DB Bench Presses
-DB Shoulder Presses
-Upright Rows
-Standing Curls
-Skull Crushers
-Wrist Curls
-Wrist Extensions

Tuesdays: standard 4 x 8
-DB Squats
-Romanian Deadlifts
-Bent-over Rows
-Shrugs
-Single-leg Calf Raises
-Reverse Calf Raises
-Weighted Sit-ups

Wednesday: Rest

Thursdays: standard 4x8
-Incline DB Bench Presses
-DB Shoulder Presses
-Upright Rows
-Standing Curls
-Lying Triceps Extensions

Fridays: 10x3 a la Waterbury
-DB Squats
-Romanian Deadlifts
-Chin-ups
-Single-leg Calf Raises
-Reverse Calf Raises
-Hanging Leg Raises

Saturdays and Sundays: Rest

I am soaking up as much info from the great articles here as I can, but I didn’t want to start a modified program without consulting more experienced lifters. So that’s about it. Thanks for any replies.

Remz

[quote]Remz wrote:
Hey everyone.
I just wanted to post my training program on this board to get some feedback. Keep in mind while reading this that since this program is something that I do at home, I don’t have a lot of material available. Basically, I have an incline/decline bench and some dumbbells, on which I can put enough weight for now. I just wanted to know if major adjustments should be made and if you can give me suggestions. I know there is a bunch of programs made by professionnals right here, but this one fits with the material I have. I don’t have the money for a gym subscription at the moment, but I still want to train at home. And since my funds are very low, buying new material is very unlikely. I don’t have a barbell (but it will probably be my next buy in a couple of weeks) and no place to do Dips, but have nice door frames (for chins…). I’m a more than full time student with exams every 3 weeks (medical student…), so I don’t have much leisure time ( I basically eat, sleep, train and study). Nutrition is dialed in, Massive Eating style. Being a skinny ass punk, my main goal would be mass gains with associated strength, without much consideration for fat gain…at least not for the next 50 pounds… And yeah, looking good nekkid is always an unspoken goal. Anyway, here it is:

Mondays: everything 10 x 3 a la Waterbury
-DB Bench Presses
-DB Shoulder Presses
-Upright Rows
-Standing Curls
-Skull Crushers
-Wrist Curls
-Wrist Extensions

Tuesdays: standard 4 x 8
-DB Squats
-Romanian Deadlifts
-Bent-over Rows
-Shrugs
-Single-leg Calf Raises
-Reverse Calf Raises
-Weighted Sit-ups

Wednesday: Rest

Thursdays: standard 4x8
-Incline DB Bench Presses
-DB Shoulder Presses
-Upright Rows
-Standing Curls
-Lying Triceps Extensions

Fridays: 10x3 a la Waterbury
-DB Squats
-Romanian Deadlifts
-Chin-ups
-Single-leg Calf Raises
-Reverse Calf Raises
-Hanging Leg Raises

Saturdays and Sundays: Rest

I am soaking up as much info from the great articles here as I can, but I didn’t want to start a modified program without consulting more experienced lifters. So that’s about it. Thanks for any replies.

Remz
[/quote]

This is the WORST program ive seen today, and maybe in 5 yrs!

Day One is comprised of 70 sets, well good luck with that if thats your choice. And the rest of the days are to high in volume.

Maybe a better option would be:

Day One: Chest/Back

(A1)DB Bench Presses - 10 sets of 10
(A2) Chin Ups - 10 sets of 10

(B1) Incline DB Flyes - 3 x 10-12 reps
(B2) One Arm DB Rows - 3 x 10-12 reps

Day Two: Legs / Calves

(A1) DB Squats - 10 sets of 10 reps
(A2) DB Leg Curls - 10 sets of 10 reps

(B1) Incline Sit Ups - 3 sets of 15-20 reps
(B2) Standing or Seated Calf Raises - 3 sets of 15-20 reps

Day Three off

Day Four: Arms / Shoulders

(A1) Decline DB Triceps Extensions - 10 sets of 10 reps
(A2) Incline DB Curls - 10 sets of 10 reps

(B1) Bent Over Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
(B2) Seated DB Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 10 -12 reps

Day Five: Off

Day Six: Repeat

Read “The Waterbury Method” again, the 10x3 is for ONE exercise per session only. Chad even mentions in the article that doing this for every exercise is way too much, you will overtrain very quickly. Try and modify his workout using the 10x3 exercise along with the 4x6 exercises to suit the equipment you have. By doing less exercises per session as in the article you will also get more variety with your equipment because each cycle of the workout lasts for 4 weeks with the same exercises, by the time you finish the first cycle you may have purchased your barbell, which will open up a whole new range of exercise options.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks for the info. I didn’t get that part were 10x3 is only for one exercice when I read Waterbury’s article. For the past weeks, I used his methods for 6-7 exercices in a single session, similarly to what I have in the above plan. I have to say that I was pretty exhausted, but not totally wasted (I’m using 80% 1RM). That is why I’m a bit skeptical. Maybe someone can share with me on that? But anyhow, I’ll try it your way.

Remz

[quote]Remz wrote:
Thanks for the info. I didn’t get that part were 10x3 is only for one exercice when I read Waterbury’s article. For the past weeks, I used his methods for 6-7 exercices in a single session, similarly to what I have in the above plan. I have to say that I was pretty exhausted, but not totally wasted (I’m using 80% 1RM). That is why I’m a bit skeptical. Maybe someone can share with me on that? But anyhow, I’ll try it your way.

Remz[/quote]

Look at the article again, it is mentioned in the first paragraph under the “Putting It All Together” heading. And yes, you are not meant to feel wasted, that is the principle behind a total body workout so that 2 days later you can work the muscle group again, and again 2 days after that.

[quote]Alphaboy wrote:

This is the WORST program ive seen today, and maybe in 5 yrs!

Day One is comprised of 70 sets, well good luck with that if thats your choice. And the rest of the days are to high in volume.

Maybe a better option would be:

Day One: Chest/Back

(A1)DB Bench Presses - 10 sets of 10
(A2) Chin Ups - 10 sets of 10

(B1) Incline DB Flyes - 3 x 10-12 reps
(B2) One Arm DB Rows - 3 x 10-12 reps

Day Two: Legs / Calves

(A1) DB Squats - 10 sets of 10 reps
(A2) DB Leg Curls - 10 sets of 10 reps

(B1) Incline Sit Ups - 3 sets of 15-20 reps
(B2) Standing or Seated Calf Raises - 3 sets of 15-20 reps

Day Three off

Day Four: Arms / Shoulders

(A1) Decline DB Triceps Extensions - 10 sets of 10 reps
(A2) Incline DB Curls - 10 sets of 10 reps

(B1) Bent Over Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
(B2) Seated DB Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 10 -12 reps

Day Five: Off

Day Six: Repeat

[/quote]

Hum…

Strong words from someone who wanted to tapper off from Alpha Male…

Enough said.

[quote]Alexandre-H. wrote:
Alphaboy wrote:

This is the WORST program ive seen today, and maybe in 5 yrs!

Day One is comprised of 70 sets, well good luck with that if thats your choice. And the rest of the days are to high in volume.

Maybe a better option would be:

Day One: Chest/Back

(A1)DB Bench Presses - 10 sets of 10
(A2) Chin Ups - 10 sets of 10

(B1) Incline DB Flyes - 3 x 10-12 reps
(B2) One Arm DB Rows - 3 x 10-12 reps

Day Two: Legs / Calves

(A1) DB Squats - 10 sets of 10 reps
(A2) DB Leg Curls - 10 sets of 10 reps

(B1) Incline Sit Ups - 3 sets of 15-20 reps
(B2) Standing or Seated Calf Raises - 3 sets of 15-20 reps

Day Three off

Day Four: Arms / Shoulders

(A1) Decline DB Triceps Extensions - 10 sets of 10 reps
(A2) Incline DB Curls - 10 sets of 10 reps

(B1) Bent Over Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
(B2) Seated DB Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 10 -12 reps

Day Five: Off

Day Six: Repeat

Hum…

Strong words from someone who wanted to tapper off from Alpha Male…

Enough said.[/quote]

Yeh enough said idiot! It was a thought and i didnt go with it i went with 6-5 per day and I’m still using that method.

I gave the guy a good program that saved him hours in the gym! if he doesnt use it that his choice. Maybe you could’ve given him a program that suited his equipment selection.

Un like you who cant give a positive out come to anything. I’d keep your opinions to yourself.