T Nation

Home Theater System Thoughts

I am planning on upgrading my home theater over the next 30 days and was looking for anyone’s input if they have recently purchased some gear.

Right now I am leaning toward:

1. Sony kdl-52xbr3 LCD TV (52" 1080P) and from what I can tell looks great.

2. Speakers: I want in-wall or in-celing speakers (probably both) and leaning toward either Martin Logan in-walls and/or Focal-JMLabs in-wall/in-ceiling. Maybe a combo of both.

3. Subwoofer: probably keep current one until I can afford a nice Martin Logan sub.

4. Home Theater receiver: No idea, but may use current receiver. Would like to get one for multiple zones, a couple HDMI connections, Ipod compatible.

5. DVD Player: Blue Ray players still pricey, so will probably wait a bit on this.

Any thoughts? Anyone have a recent experience going thru this? I would be especially interested in anyone’s thoughts on speakers as this is where I am having some trouble. Thanks!

You and your home theater craze is pittiful. If you want house audio, get the shit to piss your whole city off. Buy a PV 2600 power amp, and two PV 215 speakers. Just check your house foundation before you do it. Might want a mixer to go with that too… but itll sound way better than some pussy “home theater” system.

Get yourself an account on this site
http://www.avsforum.com/

an check out their forums. That is pretty much the end-all, be-all place for HT.