T Nation

Home Saliva Hormone Testing

anyone have a good/accurate company to go through?

Looking at getting this for the wife… http://www.zrtlab.com/hormone-saliva-profiles/view-all-products.html

also looking at www.Directlabs.com , they seem recommended by some health care profs

EDIT- nevermind, can’t order since I live in MD

ive heard canary club is pretty cheap.

http://www.canaryclub.org

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:
ive heard canary club is pretty cheap.

http://www.canaryclub.org[/quote]

thanks, was afraid to click that link at work LOL

What tests are you looking to have done?

Blood is usually the preferred (and more common) option. They can be ordered online and collected at a facility (e.g., Labcorp) without an appointment.

[quote]anonym wrote:

Blood is usually the preferred (and more common) option. They can be ordered online and collected at a facility (e.g., Labcorp) without an appointment.[/quote]

Dr. Bryan Walsh contributor at PN and located in MD, prefers saliva as it measures “free” hormones, rather than the binded versions.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

Blood is usually the preferred (and more common) option. They can be ordered online and collected at a facility (e.g., Labcorp) without an appointment.[/quote]

Dr. Bryan Walsh contributor at PN and located in MD, prefers saliva as it measures “free” hormones, rather than the binded versions.[/quote]

good call on choice of doctor. i really like dr. walsh’s attitude towards fixing the underlying problem(s) and root cause, instead of covering it up with a pharma med.

[quote]anonym wrote:

Dr. Bryan Walsh contributor at PN and located in MD, prefers saliva as it measures “free” hormones, rather than the binded versions.[/quote]

good call on choice of doctor. i really like dr. walsh’s attitude towards fixing the underlying problem(s) and root cause, instead of covering it up with a pharma med.[/quote]

Haven’t gone to see him yet. I actually got him to come to my work next month to give a talk… Have his fatisnotyourfault program and found the saliva info in there.

Will at some point have the wife see him, but with the price trying the best we can now with Paleo Diet for her, but looks like a full blown elimination diet may be needed (acne). Got routine bloodwork done yesterday will see what’s up

[quote]anonym wrote:

good call on choice of doctor. i really like dr. walsh’s attitude towards fixing the underlying problem(s) and root cause, instead of covering it up with a pharma med.[/quote]

Haven’t gone to see him yet. I actually got him to come to my work next month to give a talk… Have his fatisnotyourfault program and found the saliva info in there.

Will at some point have the wife see him, but with the price trying the best we can now with Paleo Diet for her, but looks like a full blown elimination diet may be needed (acne). Got routine bloodwork done yesterday will see what’s up
[/quote]

ahh acne. has she tried DIM and calcium d-glucarate? ive read on a bunch of forums that women were using those two products to balance out their estrogens, and it got rid of their acne.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[/quote]

ahh acne. has she tried DIM and calcium d-glucarate? ive read on a bunch of forums that women were using those two products to balance out their estrogens, and it got rid of their acne.[/quote]

No, thanks for the heads up.