T Nation

Home Made or Store Bought

Having both cooked and baked for a living. I don’t eat out or buy baked goods (except bread) from the store. Fact I’m going to make six rhubarb-strawberry pies this weekend, give two away and eat the rest. Some of my other favorite pies are: apple, banana cream and three chocolate cream pie (white,dark and milk choc.)

Cookies too, I love home made cookies, chocolate chip with coconut and pecans, birds nest (jam center). I like to make goodies for the hotties at the front desk at the gym. I always get smilies when I go to the gym.

I do all my own cooking. I make a screaming hot chili and a spaghetti sauce with bacon or pepperoni. Just can’t stand store bought.

Any other at home chef’s, got any favorites you would like to share.

I can somehow manage to fuck-up popcorn, hotdogs, and ramen noodles.

hey man , thats cool . I started down this path about 18 months ago . learning to cook is so much better than buying frozen/store-made shit .

started growing some of my own veggies ; expanding into peppers this year…maybe more to come .

pizza is soooo much better when it’s not loaded with sodium(like frozen).

no recipes to throw around though ; I just find 'em on that cybernet thingy…I just look for the ones that sound the best .

I don’t generally make things that are extremely complex, but I think everyone can cook things well and have them actually taste good and interesting. It’s generally just the ability to multi-task, and just knowing what sort of things taste good to you combined with other things.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I don’t generally make things that are extremely complex, but I think everyone can cook things well and have them actually taste good and interesting. It’s generally just the ability to multi-task, and just knowing what sort of things taste good to you combined with other things.[/quote]

The only difference between a Chef and a home cook is the ability to cook three hundred meals a day as apposed to one meal. Yeah any one can do it and the best part is it’s done to your own taste buds.

wow, I dont even set the timer for ramen, i just let it sit in the pot for a few minutes and eat it rofl

I know how to cook just about anything but my fat ass gets tired waiting for the pizza dough to rise so I dont usually spend alot of time cooking but the words “hamburger helper” make me sick.

I use to make a lot of french fries :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Petermus wrote:
wow, I dont even set the timer for ramen, i just let it sit in the pot for a few minutes and eat it rofl

I know how to cook just about anything but my fat ass gets tired waiting for the pizza dough to rise so I dont usually spend alot of time cooking but the words “hamburger helper” make me sick.

I use to make a lot of french fries :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Baking powder biscuit dough makes a great pizza dough, no waiting!

I was forced to learn how to cook, I was engaged at one point to the only Italian girl who didn’t know how to cook. It was horrible I almost starved to death, if not for bread scrapings from the toaster and toothpaste I would have been a statistic

[quote]dk44 wrote:
I can somehow manage to fuck-up popcorn, hotdogs, and ramen noodles. [/quote]

Hysterical!

[quote]marlboroman wrote:

started growing some of my own veggies ; expanding into peppers this year…maybe more to come .

[/quote]

hot peppers are very easy to grow…at least in the mid-atlantic area…never had much like with regular bell peppers, but I like the hot ones better.