Home Made Gym

This is my baby. Not much to look at but it gets the job done. I made it myself with some scrap beams and a little imagination. Its fully adjustable so that I can change the height of the squat bar for bench press. It can also do tri-press downs and latpulldowns, thanks to some wheels that I got from a clothes hanger, as well as rows. It also has a chin bar, but I’m not sure if you can make it out in the picture.

[quote]j70 wrote:
This is my baby. Not much to look at but it gets the job done. I made it myself with some scrap beams and a little imagination. Its fully adjustable so that I can change the height of the squat bar for bench press. It can also do tri-press downs and latpulldowns, thanks to some wheels that I got from a clothes hanger, as well as rows. It also has a chin bar, but I’m not sure if you can make it out in the picture. [/quote]

If anything, I admire your ingenuity.

Another pic.

And another.

And another.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:

If anything, I admire your ingenuity.

[/quote]

I’ll second that. Is it safe? It’s hard to tell the sturdiness from the pics.

Its fairly safe. I mean, I haven’t died or been injured yet. The only thing thats a little hairy is when I do latpulldowns. I can feel the wire stretch quite a bit, but it has never broken before.

That’s what I like! A man who acts first and asks questions from the hospital!

Way to take the initiative and make yourself a place to train.

[quote]j70 wrote:
Its fairly safe. I mean, I haven’t died or been injured yet. The only thing thats a little hairy is when I do latpulldowns. I can feel the wire stretch quite a bit, but it has never broken before.[/quote]

Lol. I guess that’s one way to benchmark safety.

DB