Home Gym - Post a Picture

I started the quest for my home gym. I purchased everything you see here for $250. I hope I didn’t do that bad. About 450lb of plates, 2 olympic bars and one ez-curl bar, a weight tree and a bench (I don’t really care for the bench I would like a sturdy one).

a few more

one more

Definitely not as AWESOME as some of you, but hopefully decent some time soon.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Membership gives you access to the library. These are the most important peices of equipment in the gym.[/quote]

I hate you. because of you, my drunk ass just spent $150 on amazon on books I had “saved for later” and a subscription to powerlifting usa.

[photo]26374[/photo]

[photo]26378[/photo]

[photo]26379[/photo]

[photo]26380[/photo]

[photo]26381[/photo]

[photo]26384[/photo]

[photo]26385[/photo]

jeeeeeesus christ.

some of these home set ups are amazing, we have pretty limited suppliers of decent kit here in the uk (well at decent prices).

[quote]JPCleary wrote:
[photo]26374[/photo]

[photo]26378[/photo]

[photo]26379[/photo]

[photo]26380[/photo]

[photo]26381[/photo]

[photo]26384[/photo]

i recognize these pics from the elitefts home gym article. very nice. lucky

[photo]26385[/photo][/quote]

Idk about every one else but I need to be in an actual gym to have that drive and motivation. I feel like when I lift in my home gym, granted it’s nothing spectacular, i don’t have the motivation that I have a a real gym.

[quote]BRINK429 wrote:
Idk about every one else but I need to be in an actual gym to have that drive and motivation. I feel like when I lift in my home gym, granted it’s nothing spectacular, i don’t have the motivation that I have a a real gym. [/quote]

If I have a training partner then I’m fine anywhere.

[quote]JPCleary wrote:
[photo]26374[/photo]

[photo]26378[/photo]

[photo]26379[/photo]

[photo]26380[/photo]

[photo]26381[/photo]

[photo]26384[/photo]

is your bench from Elitefts as well? If not where from?

Yep…it’s from Elite. The Collegiate Bench…

I once read (by some of you) a good estimate of what to pay for used weight plates. I think it was something like below 50 cents.

What is a good estimate on what to pay for dumbbells?

Was wondering whether anyone has or knows if you can drill holes into a power rack to place band pegs in and whether it would compromise the structual integrity of the rack?

Thanks

[quote]cevet wrote:
Was wondering whether anyone has or knows if you can drill holes into a power rack to place band pegs in and whether it would compromise the structual integrity of the rack?

Thanks[/quote]
I’m actually looking at doing this too. As long as your holes are centered on the rack and concenrtric to each other, I don’t see where an issue would arise. I mean, they’re full of holes, right?

http://www.bandpegs.com/

No drilling required. You’re welcome.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
http://www.bandpegs.com/

No drilling required. You’re welcome.[/quote]

Awesome!

[quote]BRINK429 wrote:
Idk about every one else but I need to be in an actual gym to have that drive and motivation. I feel like when I lift in my home gym, granted it’s nothing spectacular, i don’t have the motivation that I have a a real gym. [/quote]

I’m the opposite. I lift with more motivation at home. At the Y, I get self-conscious about “psyching up” for a lift. There is also no good place to deadlift; I end up with a bar sitting on the floor, pretty much in everyone’s way. People are absolutely not shy about walking around “in my space” while in the middle of a lift. Oh yeah, the music sucks too! At home the music is cranked and there are NO inhibitions.

[quote]JPCleary wrote:
[photo]26374[/photo]

[photo]26378[/photo]

[photo]26379[/photo]

[photo]26380[/photo]

[photo]26381[/photo]

[photo]26384[/photo]

AWESOME SET UP

You just need to make the right atmosphere, so that you can motivate your self and get inspired!