Home Gym - Post a Picture

[quote]a7stringkilla wrote:
and the final wall. wish I had more room for a couple other things, but oh well.[/quote]

I see a big empty space in the middle…

I have to move things around in order to use some of them. I am jealous of all you guys who have that much space. I am using the third bay of a 3 car garage for my stuff. Someday I will have my own man-building.

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:

and the final wall. wish I had more room for a couple other things, but oh well.[/quote]

Looks nice man. 2 questions. What is the size of your gym(sq footage wise) and what is the rough estimate so far for everything? Im about to be in the process myself so Im wanting to set it up as best as possible.[/quote]

About 350 square feet but dont remeber exactly. Its just a two car garage. Believe it or not, it was all probably under 3 grand. The thing is, I searched craigslist and auction sites constantly, had cash ready and jumped on stuff right when it was listed. On top of that, I just got lucky with some crazy deals with ridiculous stories behind them. It was all a bunch of mad scrambling but in the end, it was worth it cause i saved thousands. As an example, I got the Belt Squat in pretty much perfect condition for 150 bucks. If I listed what I got the main pieces for and why I got it so cheap, you would trip out. Trust me, people do crazy shit all the time, just have your money ready and take advantage.

[quote]blake b wrote:

I see a big empty space in the middle…

I have to move things around in order to use some of them. I am jealous of all you guys who have that much space. I am using the third bay of a 3 car garage for my stuff. Someday I will have my own man-building.
[/quote]
wish I could fill in the middle but I train people in my garage and do drills from there to the driveway and back.

All you guys have great looking set ups

DrJ and tcsimon, I am insanely jealous. I understand the appeal of a dark, dank fairly disgusting dungeonesque set up, but something about orderly and clean with legit equipment just does it for me. Saved your pics to my comp for future reference.

I don’t have any picture, but I have a video of me working out at my home gym (if you want to call it that).
I am pretty old school, and don’t have much extra room indoors, or money.
So my home gym is a squat rack with the high and low cable on the back, and pull up bar and dip bar on it. I then have a free standing bench that is adjustable, with the attachable preacher curl or leg developer. After that, I have an old warped barbell with next to no grip, and a little over 600lbs of plate weight.

Freakin stoked! In an earlier post I said that people do crazy stuff with equipment all the time and it just happened for me again. I got in contact with a guy whos new garage was too low for his power rack and he wasnt able to really workout because of it. I traded the power rack I have in my earlier posts in this thread for this one. The guy was cool as hell and just didnt want to deal with the hassles of selling his, buying another and not working out in the meantime. I said it before, if you see something you want being sold, even if you think you cant afford it, just contact them because you never know their situation.

[quote]AkeViking wrote:
An update on my gym. I’ve got a new weightrack, powerclubs, weight west and some other things.

And here’s a list of all my gym equipments:

Power Cage (Pull-up Bar), Barbell (30mm) 20kg, Weights 302,5kg, Bench, Diprack, Hyperextension Bench, Powerclubs 2x12kg , Kettlebells 2x12kg, and lots of other equipment like Rolling Thunder, Grippers, Weight West, Punching Bag, Tyres, Stones etc.

http://www.gometal.com/pInc/lask.html - To convert kg>lbs

What do you think?[/quote]i wish i can have something like this one day

Here is my setup. It is about 400 square feet.(40’ x 10’)
I have an EFS 3x3 power rack - given to me by a former client who gave up hi-tech and moved to Guatamala. Thanks Eric.

bench from EliteFTS
Safety squat bar
giant cambered bar
DL bar
Texas power bar
6" Log
GHR - again EliteFTS
Chest supported row
dumbbells from 20 to 100
175lbs of chains
lots of bands
tons of weight

plus
heavy bag
speed bag

and all of my tools.

Bench Rack is badass!

Other than Craigslist, does anyone know of a good site(or offsite) to find cheap equipment? Most stuff I find on craigslist so far has been cheap Sears or Walmart crap.

govliquidation.com
gsaauctions.gov

universitysurplus.com

Also, I always check ebay and go to “strength equipment” and search nearest first. If you go through those often, you will find stuff. I got a Hoist CF2179B bench, which retails for $1700.00, a Hampton bar and two Hampton 45s for 350.00 bucks on ebay. On universitysurplus.com, I got a Power Lift belt squat for 150 bucks and it was in almost perfect condition.

Whats crazy also, is that I picked up the belt squat from USC in LA from their surplus warehouse and they had all kinds of stuff for sale there. They had two Westside style belt squats that had “sold” stickers on them that were sold for 250 dollars. Freakin crazy! If you put the time into searching, you will come up big. I have saved thousands.

Power Lift Belt Squat-$150.00 from universitysurplus.com

Hoist bench-$350.00 with Hampton bar and 45s from ebay. Things a monster! Bench alone weighs 380 pounds.

Other side shows all controls. its pretty much like a Hammer Strength Lock N Dock bench because it slides out on linear bearings and inclines and declines. the guy just screwed up when he listed it and I got lucky.

Hoist Dual 400, Extension/Curl-$300.00 from craigers. Got this from Platinum Performance, Lance Armstrongs Strength Coach. He just wanted it gone!

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:
Other than Craigslist, does anyone know of a good site(or offsite) to find cheap equipment? Most stuff I find on craigslist so far has been cheap Sears or Walmart crap. [/quote]

When I first started building my gym, I got some of the stuff from newyorkbarbells.

the prices are good, equipment is a step up from walmart etc and will stand up to years of abuse but again you get what you pay for.

When possible get your stuff from elitefts, I would buy a big $$ item about every year or so.

The thing about Elite FTS is, if youre gonna drop that amount of money, get Hammer Strength or Power Lift. Hands down, They blow FTS out of the water.

govliquidation.com
gsaauctions.gov

universitysurplus.com

Also, I always check ebay and go to “strength equipment” and search nearest first. If you go through those often, you will find stuff. I got a Hoist CF2179B bench, which retails for $1700.00, a Hampton bar and two Hampton 45s for 350.00 bucks on ebay. On universitysurplus.com, I got a Power Lift belt squat for 150 bucks and it was in almost perfect condition.

Whats crazy also, is that I picked up the belt squat from USC in LA from their surplus warehouse and they had all kinds of stuff for sale there. They had two Westside style belt squats that had “sold” stickers on them that were sold for 250 dollars. Freakin crazy! If you put the time into searching, you will come up big. I have saved thousands.[/quote]

Sweet. Thanks man.

I’m relocating soon, and I’ve already lined up some training partners who compete Pro/multiply. I messaged one of them last night, as they had recently been kicked out of the gym in town, asking if they had found a place yet. This is an excerpt from his response.

“I may have found a place to rent here in town, and we are going to put our own stuff in it, so no more commercial gym hassles. I have made a deal w/ Montreal Barbell and we will have a monolift there and possibly a real metal militia bench. Going to borrow some stuff from my buddy and the rest we will have to build up as we go, I have some bars myself, safety squat and cambered bars, and 240lb chain, bands etc. going to try to get this set up ASAP”

Needless to say, I can’t wait. Pictures to follow in the near future.

This thread is fucking amazing.

That’s all I’ve got.