Home Gym Help

Hey guys, I’m in need of some help here. My brother is setting up a home gym with bumper plates and rings. We are having trouble finding relatively small squat uprights that don’t need to be bolted to the floor. If you have any suggestions, I’d greatly appreciate it.

The best option is a power rack. Lets you do all exercises with max weight in complete safety, and usually have chinning bars built in and dipping bars as accessories. They really don’t take up much more room than the width of a barbell and the length of a bench.

Purchase the Ironmind squat racks/stands. High quality, strong, and can easily adjust for a variety of other exercises.

http://newyorkbarbells.com/

Specifically

If you’re looking for the smallest and sturdiest.

[quote]dswithers wrote:
The best option is a power rack. Lets you do all exercises with max weight in complete safety, and usually have chinning bars built in and dipping bars as accessories. They really don’t take up much more room than the width of a barbell and the length of a bench.[/quote]

A power rack would definitely be a great solution, but he needs it to be movable because it’s a garage gym. Good idea though.

I like the suggestions nate and PGA. We were also checking out the ironmind uprights. They are definitely quality! It’s nice that they can be folded up so quickly and have special attachments added.

The new york uprights are dirt cheap! That might be a good purchase if he wants to get the TAPS pullup bar. Saves money on one and spends on the other. I’ll forward these ideas to him.

Thanks alot!

Anything you get from Ironmind will be high quality, no doubt about it. You’ll pay a bit more, but once you’ve abused it some, you’ll know where that money went.

Another vote for the Ironmind Vulcan racks.

Hey Guys.

I owned a homegym myself. I have a good low-budget tip for you.

Get into the next do-it-yourself-store and buy a “ger?stbock” (I don’t know what it’s called in english. but it’s a thing that construction worker use when they work on a facade).

Here’s a link (in german, sorry). But perhaps you can find out how it’s called in english on your own:

You need 2 of those and you’ll have a perfect squat rack. Together they can be loaded up to ~500 kg. But remember to look how big they are. You need 2 that can be extended up to 2 m. The best thing about them ist that they are available for 40 bucks per rack.

greets

[quote]german-guy wrote:
Hey Guys.

I owned a homegym myself. I have a good low-budget tip for you.

Get into the next do-it-yourself-store and buy a “ger?stbock” (I don’t know what it’s called in english. but it’s a thing that construction worker use when they work on a facade).

Here’s a link (in german, sorry). But perhaps you can find out how it’s called in english on your own:

You need 2 of those and you’ll have a perfect squat rack. Together they can be loaded up to ~500 kg. But remember to look how big they are. You need 2 that can be extended up to 2 m. The best thing about them ist that they are available for 40 bucks per rack.

greets[/quote]

Those are call saw horses in English.