T Nation

Home Gym for My Goal

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:
OP, you have more than Reg Park had to train with. Shouldn’t this tell you enough?[/quote]
ty man , just thought the leg press crossover and etc importnat becuase all the big bodybuilder and naturall bodybuilder use them .

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:
Wait, do you guys mean to tell me you don’t need every machine in existence in order to reach your genetic potential?[/quote]

Just a bowflex and a shakeweight[/quote]

Don’t forget the TaeBo videos for cardio

i have readen now in alot of article in this site too that it doesnt metter what u do (machine or free weight ) if u care only about getting big and lean,
some article even say that when u do machine u can isolate the chest for example , if u would do free weight u would get tierd in the shoulder first and u wouldntnot be able to keep working effectivity on the chest …
anyway everyone say something else so i am alittle confused right now :S
(sorry for bad english )

[quote]light_night wrote:
i just bought powertech lat machine for my powertech cage
so now i have the powertech cage, bench ,lat tower , w barbell , leg extension and leg curl dips and chin up and the last i got is Gymnastic rings ,
i would like to know if it is enough for getting the best goal i can coz i have no chest crossover fly and bench press machine, no hack squat or leg press instead i can front squat, deadllift, stiff seadlidt, close leg ssuqat and etc. :S
what do u say guys ? do i got enough equipment for getting the top of my genetic ?[/quote]

YES!

i have readen now in alot of article in this site too that it doesnt metter what u do (machine or free weight ) if u care only about getting big and lean,
some article even say that when u do machine u can isolate the chest for example , if u would do free weight u would get tierd in the shoulder first and u wouldntnot be able to keep working effectivity on the chest …
(sorry for bad english )[/quote]

If you EVER make it to a lean 175lbs, you can ask that question again. Maybe it will matter then. Right now, it does not.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

If you EVER make it to a lean 175lbs, you can ask that question again. Maybe it will matter then. Right now, it does not.[/quote]
lol :smiley: u’r right man just everyone say something else and it is confusing

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

If you EVER make it to a lean 175lbs, you can ask that question again. Maybe it will matter then. Right now, it does not.[/quote]
lol :smiley: u’r right man just everyone say something else and it is confusing [/quote]

Yeah, just keep in mind that a lot of the advice you are reciting is meant for very advanced guys.

Long before the internet, before the invention of fitness machines, people became big and strong by doing nothing but barbell exercises with weighted dips and chin ups thrown into the mix. That should tell you all you need to know. Save the money you don’t spend on machines and buy quality food instead.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

lol :smiley: u’r right man just everyone say something else and it is confusing [/quote]

Yeah, just keep in mind that a lot of the advice you are reciting is meant for very advanced guys.

Long before the internet, before the invention of fitness machines, people became big and strong by doing nothing but barbell exercises with weighted dips and chin ups thrown into the mix. That should tell you all you need to know. Save the money you don’t spend on machines and buy quality food instead.[/quote]
do u have name of some who train only free weight ?
i’m sure it will get me relax :smiley:
and how do i know if i am advanced or begginer ?
my only goal is to get 76 kg
my weight is 1.70
body fat : 8,9
ty for attention man

Pretty much everyone pre-1970s. Steve Reeves, John Grimek, Reg Park, Bill Pearl, Bill Starr… That enough?

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

Long before the internet, before the invention of fitness machines, people became big and strong by doing nothing but barbell exercises with weighted dips and chin ups thrown into the mix. That should tell you all you need to know. Save the money you don’t spend on machines and buy quality food instead.[/quote]
my weight is 1.70
ty for attention man
[/quote]

If your goal is to get to 76kg, you’re still a beginner.

Also, trust me, you say you want to get to 76kg now, but once you get there, you’ll want more.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

my weight is 1.70
ty for attention man
[/quote]

Also, trust me, you say you want to get to 76kg now, but once you get there, you’ll want more.[/quote]
of course i will want more but i will be happy when i will get there very much,
if my height for example is 1.70cm and my weight is 75kg with 8 body fat is it still beginner?
what is the state of advanced bodybulding ?
(i am natty i will not use steroid)

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

my weight is 1.70
ty for attention man
[/quote]

Also, trust me, you say you want to get to 76kg now, but once you get there, you’ll want more.[/quote]
of course i will want more but i will be happy when i will get there very much,
if my height for example is 1.70cm and my weight is 75kg with 8 body fat is it still beginner?
what is the state of advanced bodybulding ?
(i am natty i will not use steroid)
[/quote]

Well it’s not bad if we’re talking about a real 8% BF and not an interwebz 8% BF.

To be honest, I couldn’t tell you because there isn’t really any clear dividing line between beginner, intermediate, advanced, and elite for BBing. Everybody’s genetics are a little different, so you can’t really quantify it in terms of lifts or mass gains. And not all time spent training is equal, so you can’t wholly base it on experience either.

Based on my opinion (which probably isn’t worth much lol), I’d say you can call yourself an intermediate when you have a couple years of solid training/diet under your belt, lifts that may not be brag-worthy (but ones you can say without fear of embarrassing yourself), 20-30+lbs of LBM, and done enough of your homework that you’re familiar with a lot of the major concepts/people of training and are beginning to formulate your own opinions about training.

You’re advanced when you’re the 800lb gorilla in the room.

You’re elite when you make all the other 800lb gorillas shit themselves in fear.

This is just my opinion. I wouldn’t worry too much about where you’re at in terms of progress because it’s a natural evolution. You’ll learn more about training and what works for you and naturally adjust to match it. Just focus on making consistent progress and you’ll do just fine.

everyone tell me now that the bench attacment leg curl/extension sucks,
so i have no isolate exersices for legs at all :S
do u think i can get proportional legs to my upper body with only barbell and dumbbell exersices ?

everyone tell me now that the bench attacment leg curl/extension sucks,
so i have no isolate exersices for legs at all :S
do u think i can get proportional legs to my upper body with only barbell and dumbbell exersices ?[/quote]

Yeah, all you need to do is some squats. And then some more.

When you can do 315 for 20 reps, you ought to have some decent sized legs.

Dude… Get really strong on

-squats
-deadlifts
-bench presses

• overhead presses
  • barbell rows
    -weighted chins
  • dips
  • barbell curls

Seriously, that’s ALL you’ll ever really need. Ever.

ty guys for attention ,(really ty , in bodybuilder site only ppl kidding u and talk nonesense and no body really want to help there) !!!
there is only one thing that i dont understand
why all the best bodybuilder always use curl extension and leg press any reason ?
so u say not to use my bench attachment curl and extension ?

nd
why all the best bodybuilder always use curl extension and leg press any reason ?
[/quote]

All the best bodybuilders got very strong on the big, basic barbell lifts. Arnold, Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates all could bench 500 and deadlift 600+

You can get in fantastic shape with just a barbell…

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

nd
[/quote]

All the best bodybuilders got very strong on the big, basic barbell lifts. Arnold, Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates all could bench 500 and deadlift 600+

[/quote]
but ronnie arnold and everyone has done leg curl/extension etc so it isnt good example dont u think?
anyway do u think i shold keep using my bench attachment leg curl extension or leave it ?
(nice article but i like to do my routine like that :
1.chest
2.quad
3.rest
4.back
5.hamstring
6.bicep tricep
every first exersice is compound example quad day 5x5 squat
hamstring day 5x5 of sumo deadlift etc…

nd
[/quote]

[/quote]
but ronnie arnold and everyone has done leg curl/extension etc so it isnt good example dont u think?
anyway do u think i shold keep using my bench attachment leg curl extension or leave it ?[/quote]

Leave it. Seriously, you’re worrying about details. You look at “all bodybuilders did leg extensions” - er, all bodybuilders were freakishly strong. You’re acting like one of those guys who think they can’t start mountain biking without a 2k rig. You definitely have enough equipment to make incredible progress - at least for the next five years or so. But you know what? It doesn’t make a difference as long as you don’t actually use it. Asking questions on message boards won’t help you get bigger. So please, shut up and train, ok?

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

nd
[/quote]

[/quote]
anyway do u think i shold keep using my bench attachment leg curl extension or leave it ?[/quote]

Leave it. Seriously, you’re worrying about details. You look at “all bodybuilders did leg extensions” - er, all bodybuilders were freakishly strong. You’re acting like one of those guys who think they can’t start mountain biking without a 2k rig. You definitely have enough equipment to make incredible progress - at least for the next five years or so. But you know what? It doesn’t make a difference as long as you don’t actually use it. Asking questions on message boards won’t help you get bigger. So please, shut up and train, ok?[/quote]
u right man :S
just cant leave it i really want to know why bodybuilder do these leg curl /extension exersices what is the benefit from these exersices for them ?