Home Gym Flooring

Be careful I bought some rubber mats at Home Depot that emitted such a strong Chemical odor I could not stand it I took them back

[quote]BlaKistKneeGrow wrote:
Jillybop wrote:
reconbyfire wrote:
SAM’s sells 3/4" thick mats in packs that you put together like a puzzle. Cost was around $15 for a 4x4 section

I bought something similar at BJ’s, too for my basement.

Is it foam? How is it working for you. Would dropping dumbells on it be bad? I don’t have any BJ’s in my area, just Sam’s Club and Costco.

[/quote]

I have dropped dumbells from an incline press and trapbar with weights. No crack in floor and no broken weights for three years. It isnt foam, it is a rubbery compound

I started out with some outdoor carpet which worked good for traction but I wore it out after a few months. So, I switched to some mats that lock together from Dicks. The traction on the rubber mats suck and I have switched back to the carpet.

I’m pretty rough on my equiptment though. I heard the more industrail rubber mats are good but do not wast money on the cheap ones from sporting goods stores. I may try some more industrial type of mats next because I know this carpet will be garbage in a few months.

I use the interlocking matts from your first post for my floor but purchased some high end thick rubber flooring for my platform

Another angle

just picked up some nice stall mats from an agway(feed store), 4*6ft for $40, pretty solid, going to work well, and doesnt smell weird

[quote]DominicanDL wrote:
I use the interlocking matts from your first post for my floor but purchased some high end thick rubber flooring for my platform[/quote]

So you use the same exact “Daytona” matts from the same seller on Ebay?

I also found these at Sam’s Club for only 19.76 a pack which is 33.5 Square feet. I would neeed 11 packs which would come out to - $217.36. That’s the absolute cheapest I could find and I have searched everything for the best price on these.

Here they are -

I figure I can get all 361 Square feet of the cement covered with these, then in high abuse areas, just get some of the high quality rubber mats from my equipment store cut to whatever sizes I need. Do you think the foam alone is ok for underneath my cage, bench, etc?

I purchased mine at TARGET. Same stuff…even better if you have a coupon.