T Nation

Home Gym (Columbus OH)

Anybody have a home gym or thinking about starting one and looking for a training partner in the Columbus, OH area. The garage I'm currently using is no longer an option. I have 2 olympic bars, about 500 lbs of weights, a sled, 5 kegs, 2 sandbags, GHR, incline-decline bench , a squat rack and jumpstretch bands. If interested email or pm me. 

dude, you’re in columbus?

Westside

[quote]mattwray wrote:
dude, you’re in columbus?

Westside

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!!

Does Louie let little 198lb guys 550ish into the club to train with them??

Louie will let any self titled powerlifter train at Westside. It’s guys there you have to earn your way with. They will fuck you up before they throw you any bones.

My only problem w/ Westside were my own. Due to working 3rd shift I have a hard time making it w/ the lifting times for each crew. The afternoon crew starts around 4:30pm and I had to pick my kids up at 5pm. In the morning you can try to meet w/ Vogelpohl, but not too many men can handle Chuck for any period of time, and he doesn’t care about your ability, you either sink or swim.

I personally loved training w/ Vogelpohl and still do when I can. But we have opposite work schedules and I’m not getting up at 7am after getting of work at 4:30am. Sorry call me lazy. Me and My boys all train a LEXEN in Grove City.

It’s great, like WSB, and I can come and go as I please. If your looking to train there or check it out message me.

My problem is I’m just getting back from an injury. I’ve put on 22 pounds in a couple months but am still only 173, and haven’t even started training with a WSB template.

So needless to say my strength sucks. Grove city is further than I’d like to travel. I live off of Karl between 161 and morse.

Yes Karl rd is a haul. If you change your mind we’ll probably still be there.

I work out at jesse owens north on campus. Why is the garage not an option anymore? I’ve worked out at a lot of gyms in columbus and my favorite is Built Solid in Grandview. I have not been to WSB yet but hope to somday. Probably not untill I join the 3-4-5 club though.

Biggun7997

[quote]biggun7997 wrote:
I work out at jesse owens north on campus. Why is the garage not an option anymore? I’ve worked out at a lot of gyms in columbus and my favorite is Built Solid in Grandview. I have not been to WSB yet but hope to somday. Probably not untill I join the 3-4-5 club though.

Biggun7997[/quote]

Built Solid is great, I workout there…and they just got a GHR!!!

Yeah, I’ve heard cool shit about built solid. My buddy has a strong man comp there this month or next month.

I used to work out at built solid, when it was known as fitness central. Then new management took over and they started jacking up prices and laying off buddies of mine for no reason. The strongman/dino days they have are pretty cool, but can’t stand the owner there.