Home Depot 10 Man Battle

NEW IDEA!!!

Ok, haven’t heard anything remotely like this in 4 pages, so I’ll be the first:

1:flashlight
2:Best ladder available
3:bottle of water

So here’s my theory: I think anyone not carrying a light source is making a mistake. If it’s pitch black like the premise says (besides exit lights which don’t do much in a huuuuge store like home depot), you’ll need this at least at the beginning to get where you want to go, especially if you intend on hiding at all. so, here’s what I do: head straight for the breakroom using my flashlight, and rip out the plumbing to whatever sink/water fountain is there.

Then I find a high spot that’s not climbable by any means except a ladder (I.E. not climbing the shelves). Preferably something you can’t knock over (something you could do to shelves). Hang out up there until everyone is dead. That’s what the water is for, so you can last longer than the other guys. It should give you at least an extra day or so of life. I’d bank on no one else having this idea, since I haven’t seen it presented anywhere else on here.

It seems like about half the people wouldn’t have lights, since half of you guys suggested you wouldn’t, so your early move to the breakroom is likely to be successful, since the non-lighted guys are gonna be moving slow at the beginning. No traps will be set early on.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ Uh Brad remember when I said I wanted to make a trip out to Cali and have a burger and beer with you…

Yeah I guess I will just have to call you back.[/quote]

Hey, there’s no bar code on the burgers and beer at Home Depot, doooooooood.[/quote]

True, but next thing you know Brad has slipped you a roofie and you wake up in a blacked out Home Depot.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
NEW IDEA!!!

Ok, haven’t heard anything remotely like this in 4 pages, so I’ll be the first:

1:flashlight
2:Best ladder available
3:bottle of water

So here’s my theory: I think anyone not carrying a light source is making a mistake. If it’s pitch black like the premise says (besides exit lights which don’t do much in a huuuuge store like home depot), you’ll need this at least at the beginning to get where you want to go, especially if you intend on hiding at all. so, here’s what I do: head straight for the breakroom using my flashlight, and rip out the plumbing to whatever sink/water fountain is there.

Then I find a high spot that’s not climbable by any means except a ladder (I.E. not climbing the shelves). Preferably something you can’t knock over (something you could do to shelves). Hang out up there until everyone is dead. That’s what the water is for, so you can last longer than the other guys. It should give you at least an extra day or so of life. I’d bank on no one else having this idea, since I haven’t seen it presented anywhere else on here.

It seems like about half the people wouldn’t have lights, since half of you guys suggested you wouldn’t, so your early move to the breakroom is likely to be successful, since the non-lighted guys are gonna be moving slow at the beginning. No traps will be set early on.[/quote]

Emergency exit lights are on. They provide more illumination than just the word “EXIT.”

What does ripping out the plumbing do?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ Uh Brad remember when I said I wanted to make a trip out to Cali and have a burger and beer with you…

Hey, there’s no bar code on the burgers and beer at Home Depot, doooooooood.[/quote]

True, but next thing you know Brad has slipped you a roofie and you wake up in a blacked out Home Depot. [/quote]

Yeah Deej, when it’s every man for himself, this hombre gets muy sucio

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

True, but next thing you know Brad has slipped you a roofie and you wake up in a blacked out Home Depot. [/quote]

Yeah Deej, when it’s every man for himself, this hombre gets muy sucio
[/quote]

LOL, yea I have not gone there with this challenge, 20 years of medicine well, have you seen the movie Hostel. I could do bad things to people.

Ah, so are we to assume that all parts of the store have at least limited visibility? I misread that initially.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

1. Fresh air system
  2. 52 gallon drum of ammonia (cleaning section)
  3. 52 gallon drum of swimming pool chlorine (pool section)

Locate self in small enclosed area — break room, for example.

Mix

Make noise to atract enemies.

Everyone will die as they enter and breath.[/quote]

good idea … if you can get all the other guys into the room without them catching on

Otherwise you’ll probably get half of them, but then the other ones will realize what that room is and stay clear of it and you’ll be shit outta luck without a weapon from here on out…[/quote]

Except for what I pick up from the 5 dead guys in my chamber, you mean.[/quote]

Amatuer. I’d use:

1. 25lb cylinder of freon, or failing that, a five gallon jug of automotive brake cleaner
  2. Arc welder
  3. Fresh air system (by welding supplies, for this reason, btw)

I’d open the spigot of the freon and run it next to the arc. The UV turns the freon into phosgene, which is among the deadliest nerve toxins.

The whole damn building would fill with phosgene gas and anyone who had to breath would die.

As a bonus, it smells like fresh-cut grass, according to the few who have survived.

Anyone who got close (say, in their own fresh air system) would be hit with the arc welder, to boot.

A guy working on a cooling system in my building killed himself and his buddys doing essentially this when he cut a freon line.

Guys in hazmat suits washed out the basement for a week.

Bubblewrap, a crafty corner and a sledgehammer

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

1. Fresh air system
  2. 52 gallon drum of ammonia (cleaning section)
  3. 52 gallon drum of swimming pool chlorine (pool section)

Locate self in small enclosed area — break room, for example.

Mix

Make noise to atract enemies.

Everyone will die as they enter and breath.[/quote]

good idea … if you can get all the other guys into the room without them catching on

Otherwise you’ll probably get half of them, but then the other ones will realize what that room is and stay clear of it and you’ll be shit outta luck without a weapon from here on out…[/quote]

Except for what I pick up from the 5 dead guys in my chamber, you mean.[/quote]

Amatuer. I’d use:

1. 25lb cylinder of freon, or failing that, a five gallon jug of automotive brake cleaner
  2. Arc welder
  3. Fresh air system (by welding supplies, for this reason, btw)

I’d open the spigot of the freon and run it next to the arc. The UV turns the freon into phosgene, which is among the deadliest nerve toxins.

The whole damn building would fill with phosgene gas and anyone who had to breath would die.

As a bonus, it smells like fresh-cut grass, according to the few who have survived.

Anyone who got close (say, in their own fresh air system) would be hit with the arc welder, to boot.

A guy working on a cooling system in my building killed himself and his buddys doing essentially this when he cut a freon line.

Guys in hazmat suits washed out the basement for a week.[/quote]

Shenanigans. That’d be way more than three items total. You’d need rods too. And a fresh air system isn’t sold by Home Depot. Same goes for freon.

You could get a full face respirator and the appropriate cartriges but that would account for two items. Also, phosgene is way heavier than ambient air/oxygen, your death won’t be of phosgene exposure, but damn sure as shit you’ll suffocate becuase there won’t be any O2 in the whole fucking warehouse if you were able to pull off your plan before you getting cleaved.

Step your game up homey!

Two of those 22 inch machetes.

I don’t need anything else.

Just going to slide over here with a holy thread bump, curious too see some answers from the new members…

2 Likes

This thread is just lovely. I’d be getting myself all of the Doritos and Snickers from the front of the store and hunkering in the ceiling until everyone killed each other off.

1 Like

Simple:

I’m going to the mechanical room. I’ll break off the duct for the supply air, from the unit. (These buildings have one large air handler). Then, I’m closing the louver for fresh air. Next, I’m ramping up the VFD to 100% and using return air. This will suck out all of the oxygen in the building, sending it through the mechanical room, where I am, and out the building relief louvers. Therefore suffocating everyone.

I’d need a cordless drill set, comes with bits, a latch and lock (comes in set) and a snickers bar.

I’d get some high tensile wire rope and a come-along and some lumber and fashion a very high powered crossbow out of some lumber, and bolts out of re-bar from the masonry dept.

Then use the come-along to draw the bow and blast big holes through everybody.

Either that or a pressure washer connected to siphon a big bucket of sulfuric acid (industrial strength drain cleaner) to spray and melt people.

I thought they were using modular systems now?

If I get access to the DDC controls, I’ll still make it happen.

Makes my idea of an oxy welder, an LPG tank and a machette seem rather amateuristic…

When I repaired barges we’d use oxy propane torches to clear the hull spaces of spider colonies. Turn the oxy up to 120 psi. and the propane to 60.

It was like a spider slashing light saber!

1 Like

I would get a steel 72 inch rod to club them to death.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-8-in-x-72-in-Zinc-Threaded-Rod
Also a nailgun with nails.
No point in trying to make fricken complex weapons because by the time you even figure out what your going to grab I will have embedded a metal bar into your skull.