T Nation

Home Chest Workout

Id like to stay away from the gym for a week, kind of a change of pace. Anyone have any good exercises for chest?? Also would you say 10 min/day of pushups is overtraining? Thanks

10 minutes of pushups?
Weird idea. Using a normal training , you’ll do about 80 PUs per minute, so you wanna do 800 PUs? Congrats for your strength-endurance. You’ll certainly will get a nice pump and three days of royal soreness.
I’d recommend you elevated pushups (feet up) with additional elevated hands (not so high as hte feet, of course) for a full ROM. I assume you never did more then 200 PUs per day, so how about this:

day one: start with 5 sets of 25 (assuming your not overweight), use various hand placements

day three: use barbells for the hand elevation or do them on your fists. Six sets of thirty.

day six: use a rucksack to get at least 20 lbs on your back. because of the elevation, you have to tighten up your core. It’s practically a fullbody exercise now. 5 sets a 25 should suffice. If you’re getting a headache you should try to feel the tension more in you core and “relax” the head while working out.

Have fun!
-Schwarzfahrer

why not just do something different at the gym?

Here is something fun to try.
Day 1
200 Pushup at once, as many sets as you need
Day 2
400 Pushups throught the day, however many sets you want.

repeat x3

Found that on a website. It helped me do more push ups. I didn’t actually do that many pushups as I am too heavy. Just cut it down to your fitness level… or err… increase to your fitness level. You get the idea.