Home Blood Pressure Monitor?

I have no idea where to post this so I guess I’ll put it here. I’m just wondering if there are any other bodybuilder/weightlifters out there that have hypertension such as myself (it’s genetic, I don’t juice, my father had it as well). I want to buy a blood pressure monitor for my home, however it seems as though most of the ones I see on the market are for people with “average” arm circumference, no higher than 15" and most of the ones I’ve seen are smaller than that. My arms are about 18" cold, and I can’t be the only person who has encountered this problem, so I’m wondering if anyone who has larger arms and owns a blood pressure monitor can give me any suggestions on a model?

The main problem is if I use a cuff that is too small it gives off a false reading. I’ve been using a “big person” cuff at the doctor’s office since I was about 19 - 20 years old (I’m 30 now).

I don’t know how accurate home blood pressure monitors are. I tried one and it gave me a reading of 150/100 numerous times so it wasn’t a glitch. I’m 19, 5.5% BF at the time, and a resting heart rate in the low 40s, I don’t have a 150/100 BP. See if you can get a manual one from a medical supply company.

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
5.5% BF at the time, .[/quote]

lol