Homage to Your Favorite Machine

Old School Nautilus lat pullover machines.

They are rare as hell to find in working shape, but I love em.

I like pretty much any back machine, the back is such a huge muscle it’s hard to hit it from all angles using just free weights.

Hammer Strength Incline Press and the cable rows.
Ever since I started training solo again, HS incline has given
me the best upper chest growth without me having to come close
to killing myself by dropping a weight on my chest/neck.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
d.y. row[/quote]

I miss my old gym which had these and chest supports T-bar rows.

@Pimpbot

[quote]WS4JB wrote:

They are rare as hell to find in working shape, but I love em.[/quote]

x2

plus any machine that has twin cables and weight stacks. God, my gym sucks, every machine is 50 years old

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
The plate loaded HS dip machine thing.

Normal dips make my shoulders hurt like a bastard, this machine is a god send. Now I just have to figure out how to strap myself to the seat, because I’d rather think about the dips then hooking my feet in to hold myself down.[/quote]

+1 on this machine… When you get your nuts pinched between 45lb plates doing weighted dips, this machine becomes very attracitve…

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Normal dips make my shoulders hurt like a bastard, this machine is a god send. Now I just have to figure out how to strap myself to the seat, because I’d rather think about the dips then hooking my feet in to hold myself down.[/quote]

I don’t need the seat belt and I routinely go up to 8-10 plates on the damn thing. Gotta set the knee pad tight. I didn’t even know it had a seat belt until one of the PTs told me. That one and the HS decline press, and the HS lo row.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:

my gym has 2 of them, sitting side by side.

haw!

[quote]WS4JB wrote:

I agree, would love to have one at the gym. They totally take your biceps out of the equation and isolate the back.

Any dip machine, really allows you to “feel” your pecs working.
And Hammer Strength iso latteral shoulder press machine. The best shoulder machine ever invented(IMO)

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Depending on your build (I suppose), one can also rack-pull quite well in the smith (for bodybuilding purposes). Keeps the bar from jumping forward or backward after being set down etc… Not necessary, of course, but it does work rather well in my case. (setup is a tad different from regular rack pulls, same goes for smith rows).

[/quote]

Could you possibly describe how the setup would be different? I can’t really do regular rack pulls at my gym because they just have squat rack, no power racks, and the bar would be a good 8-10 inches above my knee.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

Normal dips make my shoulders hurt like a bastard, this machine is a god send. Now I just have to figure out how to strap myself to the seat, because I’d rather think about the dips then hooking my feet in to hold myself down.

I don’t need the seat belt and I routinely go up to 8-10 plates on the damn thing. Gotta set the knee pad tight. I didn’t even know it had a seat belt until one of the PTs told me. That one and the HS decline press, and the HS lo row. [/quote]

I love all HS machines

its just so hard to get any decent weight with free weights without a spotter.
HS machines help be get up in weight and still not crush myself.

only exception to my statement would be dumb bell presses

HS squat machine is one of my faves I guess

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

Normal dips make my shoulders hurt like a bastard, this machine is a god send. Now I just have to figure out how to strap myself to the seat, because I’d rather think about the dips then hooking my feet in to hold myself down.

I don’t need the seat belt and I routinely go up to 8-10 plates on the damn thing. Gotta set the knee pad tight. I didn’t even know it had a seat belt until one of the PTs told me. That one and the HS decline press, and the HS lo row. [/quote]

You have thigh pads? You are a cheeky bastard.

Mine only has a place to hook my feet under, and it’s a bitch to keep thinking about holding my legs tight to hold myself down.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Depending on your build (I suppose), one can also rack-pull quite well in the smith (for bodybuilding purposes). Keeps the bar from jumping forward or backward after being set down etc… Not necessary, of course, but it does work rather well in my case. (setup is a tad different from regular rack pulls, same goes for smith rows).

Could you possibly describe how the setup would be different? I can’t really do regular rack pulls at my gym because they just have squat rack, no power racks, and the bar would be a good 8-10 inches above my knee.

[/quote]

I think the setup depends on how low the bar actually gets on the smith machine. Some machines the bar drops to mid-shin and on others it bottoms out above the knees. These heights still depend on how tall you are.

this is my favorite machine by far

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

haw![/quote]

Is it a gym in SoCal?

Love 'em.

[quote]sandiego wrote:
Standard Donkey wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

haw!

Is it a gym in SoCal? [/quote]

no

Seated calf raise

[quote]ArmyOf1 wrote:
Hammer Strength Incline Press and the cable rows.
Ever since I started training solo again, HS incline has given
me the best upper chest growth without me having to come close
to killing myself by dropping a weight on my chest/neck.[/quote]

Agreed.