HolyMac, You Should Join Blackwater

[quote]Otep wrote:
JLu wrote:

“Not held under many government regulations” how convenient for the government then isn’t it to have a mercenary force under their control who reports to no one?

Huh?[/quote]

It’s in the government’s best interest to have a force (Blackwater) who can do things for them, and since Blackwater is “not held under may government regulations” these things can include illegal activities that traditional police and military organizations can’t do. Blackwater is to the United States as the SS was to Nazi Germany.

If you are feeling like being a total scum join Xe. They are getting sued now by an ex-employee for bad treatment of civil and stuff like that.

Now that the republican are not in control anymore I doubt this company has much of a future.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
bpeloquin wrote:
I don’t know if Mac is special ops or not, but they usually only take spec ops with a ton of experience.

this

i’ve been to their site before and they only take people out of special forces who’ve been in special forces for like 10 years. they dont fuck around - but they pay like 100 grand a year too. sooo[/quote]

I’ve heard some of the sof guys in other countries make about that much - like Australia’s SAS. It seems stupid to me how little we pay our real hard chargers in the spec warfare community.

I thought all the badasses were already in the Marine Corps?

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
HM failed to set off a lunk alarm I’m pretty sure BlackWater would frown upon that epic fail

I know I’m frowning[/quote]

Thank Gawd someone said it.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Otep wrote:
JLu wrote:

“Not held under many government regulations” how convenient for the government then isn’t it to have a mercenary force under their control who reports to no one?

Huh?

It’s in the government’s best interest to have a force (Blackwater) who can do things for them, and since Blackwater is “not held under may government regulations” these things can include illegal activities that traditional police and military organizations can’t do. Blackwater is to the United States as the SS was to Nazi Germany.[/quote]

Maybe they should pay Canada a visit and straighten shit out.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
JLu wrote:
Otep wrote:
JLu wrote:

Huh?

It’s in the government’s best interest to have a force (Blackwater) who can do things for them, and since Blackwater is “not held under may government regulations” these things can include illegal activities that traditional police and military organizations can’t do. Blackwater is to the United States as the SS was to Nazi Germany.

Maybe they should pay Canada a visit and straighten shit out.[/quote]

I think the US has enough problems of it’s own to worry about before they go jeopardizing their
maple syrup supply.

[quote]JLu wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
JLu wrote:
Otep wrote:
JLu wrote:

Huh?

Maybe they should pay Canada a visit and straighten shit out.

I think the US has enough problems of it’s own to worry about before they go jeopardizing their
maple syrup supply.[/quote]

And I do like maple syrup. Without it, Pancakes and Waffles are useless.

I get all my maple syrup from Vermont.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Otep wrote:
JLu wrote:

Huh?

It’s in the government’s best interest to have a force (Blackwater) who can do things for them, and since Blackwater is “not held under may government regulations” these things can include illegal activities that traditional police and military organizations can’t do. Blackwater is to the United States as the SS was to Nazi Germany.[/quote]

What.The.Fuck?

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
JLu wrote:
Yeah because being a political pawn is definitely a sweet job.

Blackwater is a mercenary group, not held under many government regulations. They’re their own pawns. [/quote]

What the hell Peloquin. You finally came around.

thanks for the idea DOH.

as i mentioned before, i blew the right people and was able to commission into the 20th Special Forces Group as a 2LT.

i am schedualed to go to BOLC2 this year as well as IOBC (infantry officers basic course)

after that i have a slot for ranger school.

i will then transfer to active duty upon the completion of my 4 year degree. i plan on doing my platoon leader time with an infantry unit, as well as XO time.

when my time comes up for promotion to captain, i will most definatly submit my packet (and use my contacts with 20th Group)

upon completion of selection and the q-course (which is a very, very, VERY long shot) and joining back with 20th group i hope to do some mission time.

after all of that, if i’m not burnt out (or dead, lol) i would HIGHLY consider doing blackwater.

a buddy of mine was able to lock in a contract a few years back. 2 years. 2 months in country, 1 month back in the states. 600,000.00 at the end of two years. sign my ass UP.

whoever mentioned marine infantry guys getting in is correct. however that was a few years back when they were rapidly expanding. a regular marine grunt would have trouble if he was applying presently.

i think now the going rate is like 150,000.00 for a year. a lot less than previous contracts but still a fuckload.

whoever said they don’t take care of their guys is rediculous. they have sustained something like 15 casualties since the beginning of the war in 2001. they also are privy to top of the line weapons, armor, and gear. not to mention talent.

check out this parting gift they gave to my buddy. it’s a sig engraved with the company logo. he also got an omega watch from them. i’m pretty sure they are hella expensive (like 800 bucks)

yes they are called Xe (zee) now.

alpha currently could stand a chance at getting a contract from them. same as ricochet. although ricochet might already be a private contractor, and not with the DOD

[quote]conorh wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
bpeloquin wrote:
I don’t know if Mac is special ops or not, but they usually only take spec ops with a ton of experience.

this

i’ve been to their site before and they only take people out of special forces who’ve been in special forces for like 10 years. they dont fuck around - but they pay like 100 grand a year too. sooo

I’ve heard some of the sof guys in other countries make about that much - like Australia’s SAS. It seems stupid to me how little we pay our real hard chargers in the spec warfare community.[/quote]

hey they could make alot more then if u guys think thats low. i dont remember exactly what it was.

HM,

Leave Blackwater alone. Its a sinking ship and has been since they started hiring non-SOF types to fill their contracts. If this is something you want to look into check out some of the smaller companies such as Triple Canopy.

[quote]BrownTrout wrote:
Holymac is already at his badass limit. Just ask your mom about last night…[/quote]

Isn’t HM still pissed at her for the lie about being on the pill?

[quote]OTS1 wrote:
It is an anti-democratic institution. [/quote]

So is the entire Judicial Branch of the U.S. government.

Actually, the Judicial Branch is worse from an anti-democratic perspective because once they’re in, they’re in. You can at least vote out a president for relying on private mercenary groups. (Not that I see anything wrong with it, personally.)

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

Even if 100g doesn’t sound like that much for what they do, its really only a “part time” job. From what I understand they can make up to $500/hour[/quote]

$500/hr is also a misnomer, because depending on how many hours are actually worked - even worse, billable vs actual hours, like attorneys - you may only work 2-3 hours a week ($1,000 - $1,500 per week) which really isn’t that much coin.

Rate is always useless without factoring in time.

[quote]SSC wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
HM failed to set off a lunk alarm I’m pretty sure BlackWater would frown upon that epic fail

I know I’m frowning

Thank Gawd someone said it.[/quote]

I was thinking while sitting on the toilet.

[quote]sjoconn wrote:
HM,

Leave Blackwater alone. Its a sinking ship and has been since they started hiring non-SOF types to fill their contracts. If this is something you want to look into check out some of the smaller companies such as Triple Canopy.[/quote]

either way sjoconn, by the time i actually possess a decent enough resume, the entire face may have changed.

what makes Xe so different from triple canopy, dynacorp, ect?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
sjoconn wrote:
HM,

Leave Blackwater alone. Its a sinking ship and has been since they started hiring non-SOF types to fill their contracts. If this is something you want to look into check out some of the smaller companies such as Triple Canopy.

either way sjoconn, by the time i actually possess a decent enough resume, the entire face may have changed.

what makes Xe so different from triple canopy, dynacorp, ect?[/quote]

Very true.

I think the big differences are size of contracts, quality of people, and reputation.