Ugh.[/quote]

+1

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Ugh.

+1[/quote]

+2

aaghrl (+3)

“I think people make too much about age. I haven’t fought in a year but I will be ready.”

I think I’ve said it before, with modern drugs and medical know how, a lot of older champs will cling to money’s siren song.
On second thought, since I’m a much bigger fan of MMA, I actually feel not so bad about it.
The more washed up boxing gets, the faster MMA will rise.

How the fuck does this happen? Seriously? He has no business being in the ring and he’s so far past his prime that it’s not like adding him to a card is going to make a difference in revenue.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
aaghrl (+3)

[/quote]

+4

Bad idea

“Holyfield will be a massive underdog against Valuev, who is more than 100 pounds heavier and stands a towering 7ft tall.”

Not to mention Holyfield is a dinosaur. What a dumb way to end a career.

The scary part is that Valuev is slow enough that Holyfield could somehow win, and wind up getting tossed against a Haye/Brewster/Klitsch/Povetkin and wind up worse than Ali.

Hey he’s just trying to take care of his 11 kids and have back up money when more women come forward.

Ugh is the exact sound I made when I read this. He is the exact opposite of George Foreman when Foreman won THE title at 45. Foreman gave him and other top HW a run then. Holyfield loses to nobodys now. Foreman relied on power not quickness, so he wasn’t slowed that much and his body didn’t look awesome but his mind was still sharp. Holyfield has always been small and quick and technical at HW and those skills have eroded considerably and his body still looks good but his head is damaged. This quote makes me feel somewhat better in that he probably won’t get killed in there, “and had to undergo five hours of tests in Germany to prove he was healthy enough to fight.” Still this is ridiculous and about 7 fights too many.

Standing example of why there should be a boxer’s union.

Don’t laugh. I’m serious.

I’ve always been a Holyfield fan, he’s never been one to avoid a challenge and always brings it. I hate seeing his career go the way that it is, but if he wants to keep going, that’s his choice as it’s his life. Like so many aging fighters, it’s just hard to give it up after doing it their whole lives. I think the arm chair experts need to shut the fuck up and let the guy do his thing. He’ll go when he is ready to.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
The scary part is that Valuev is slow enough that Holyfield could somehow win, and wind up getting tossed against a Haye/Brewster/Klitsch/Povetkin and wind up worse than Ali.[/quote]

yes because they’re all on par in terms of punching power, with Ivan Drago from rocky 4. Especially Brewster.

/end sarcasm.

[quote]jayski wrote:
I’ve always been a Holyfield fan, he’s never been one to avoid a challenge and always brings it. I hate seeing his career go the way that it is, but if he wants to keep going, that’s his choice as it’s his life.

Like so many aging fighters, it’s just hard to give it up after doing it their whole lives. I think the arm chair experts need to shut the fuck up and let the guy do his thing. He’ll go when he is ready to. [/quote]

Arm chair experts?

Please motherfucker. This fuckin dumbass is gonna be brain dead. Maybe that don’t bother you, but as a guy who loves boxing, I hate watching it, especially to a great champ like Holyfield.

But fuck it, let’em die in the ring. We’re just arm chair experts that don’t know shit.

Let’s tape spikes to his knuckles and let it go 20 rounds just to make it more entertaining while we’re at it.

Let’s not forget that Holyfield was a bad, bad man in his prime. Even in his later years, look at what he did to Hasim Rahman’s face in 2003.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
jayski wrote:
I’ve always been a Holyfield fan, he’s never been one to avoid a challenge and always brings it. I hate seeing his career go the way that it is, but if he wants to keep going, that’s his choice as it’s his life.

Like so many aging fighters, it’s just hard to give it up after doing it their whole lives. I think the arm chair experts need to shut the fuck up and let the guy do his thing. He’ll go when he is ready to.

Arm chair experts?

Please motherfucker. This fuckin dumbass is gonna be brain dead. Maybe that don’t bother you, but as a guy who loves boxing, I hate watching it, especially to a great champ like Holyfield.

But fuck it, let’em die in the ring. We’re just arm chair experts that don’t know shit.

Let’s tape spikes to his knuckles and let it go 20 rounds just to make it more entertaining while we’re at it. [/quote]

Yes arm chair experts shithead. Who said anything about wanting to the man die in the ring? Maybe thats how he wants to go, I don’t know, it ain’t my life, it’s his. If it bothers you, then don’t fucking watch it! Pretty fucking simple. The man has made his life as a fighter and it’s pretty easy for some assholes on an internet forum, some out of shape dickhead sports writer to say he needs to step down.
It’s just like telling the ones here that actually life weights that they have to stop cause they are to old and aren’t getting any stronger. Holyfield is doing what he loves and Valuev challenged him. Being one to never back from a challenge, of course he would take it. Now please go detach your nut hairs from your asshole.

Was never a fan of Holyfield. He was a dirty fighter with little power who got away with alot of bullshit in the ring. Severely overrated. Having said that, I met him once and he came across as a pretty cool guy.

[quote]jayski wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
jayski wrote:

Like so many aging fighters, it’s just hard to give it up after doing it their whole lives. I think the arm chair experts need to shut the fuck up and let the guy do his thing. He’ll go when he is ready to.

Arm chair experts?

Let’s tape spikes to his knuckles and let it go 20 rounds just to make it more entertaining while we’re at it.

Yes arm chair experts shithead. Who said anything about wanting to the man die in the ring? Maybe thats how he wants to go, I don’t know, it ain’t my life, it’s his. If it bothers you, then don’t fucking watch it! Pretty fucking simple. The man has made his life as a fighter and it’s pretty easy for some assholes on an internet forum, some out of shape dickhead sports writer to say he needs to step down.
It’s just like telling the ones here that actually life weights that they have to stop cause they are to old and aren’t getting any stronger. Holyfield is doing what he loves and Valuev challenged him. Being one to never back from a challenge, of course he would take it. Now please go detach your nut hairs from your asshole.
[/quote]

Not for nothin, but boxers aren’t the smartest cats around.

They have a lot of pride, and never know when to quit.

They should revoke his boxing license to stop the fight. It’s simply ridiculous. He’ll be another Ali.

Unfortunately true…that’s why I hope he wins so that he retires. Speaking of that, Riddick Bowe is wanting to comeback.