Holyfield As a Bodybuilder

On ESPN Classic tonight I caught part of Evander Holyfield vs. Michael Moorer. A few weeks back they showed Holyfield vs. Riddick Bowe II. Both times I thought about a thread I’d seen here that talked about Mike Tyson being one of the most muscular heavyweight boxers of all time, tonight though I decided to look up a couple pics.

I can’t name off many professional heavyweights with great physiques in boxing to compare to Holyfield, but I think he’s definitely got more back, traps, chest, arms, and legs than Tyson. He seemed to be extremely lean for a heavyweight too and only weighed 214 pounds during the Moorer fight I saw tonight. Whaddya think?

back

Not as impressive, but he’s not posing, and let’s not forget probably not as worried about his looks seeing as many punches he’s taken in his career.

vs. Tyson

but then again…

he just happened to have that incredible genes. match with hard work in the gym and you’ve got a great physique to boot

prolly not the biggest legs on these guys, just enough to drive the upper body and keep it upright.

boxing is more upper body and abs, although legs are involved in the power transfer

There are lots of athletes that could become bodybuilders, but why would they? Its not glamorous you don’t make much money, and it takes a lot more time and effort sadly.

holyfield was on one of the major lists of persons buying growth hormone and other such substances from companies that were recently shut down by government.

I’m not saying they should be bodybuilders, I’m not claiming they have legs quite as well developed as their upper bodies, I’m just asking who takes it in a bodybuilding contest if Iron Mike and The Real Deal are the only contestants.

“holyfield was on one of the major lists of persons buying growth hormone and other such substances from companies that were recently shut down by government.”

Not interested in this “allegation” either.

Push’s post made me laugh haha.

Tyson was much more thickly muscled in his prime compared to Holyfield’s. So Tyson, although it might have been a violation of his probation to show up at this contest, so Holyfield by default.

^ ahahahahahahahahahahaha

My countryman Pacquiao’s body is ripped like a bodybuilder’s.

Then again, he’d rather be a singer than a bodybuilder.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
My countryman Pacquiao’s body is ripped like a bodybuilder’s.[/quote]

He’s actually ridiculously lean for such a skinny guy.

-dizzle

[quote]schultzie wrote:
prolly not the biggest legs on these guys, just enough to drive the upper body and keep it upright.

boxing is more upper body and abs, although legs are involved in the power transfer[/quote]

Bullshit!
Boxing is 80 % about the legs.Have you ever boxed?