Holy HyperExtensions ...

I was extremely discouraged because on Monday I was supposed to do 3x5 on a squat +5lbs from the last session before that(linear progression), and I finally stalled for the first time. The stall was atrocious though, I literally got 5mega grinder reps/2 extreme grinder reps/0 failure on 3rd set.

All I did was add one movement after the Failure workout that I have never done before… Weighted Hyperextensions 3x10. Today I came in using the same weight I failed miserably on last time, and absolutely wrecked it into oblivion. It felt like it was 40 pounds lighter and I got 5/5/5 like it was nothing.

HAS ANYBODY EXPERIENCED THIS? LOL! I swear it was the Weighted Hyperextensions, that is the ONLY thing I did differently(and they made my Hamstrings extremely sore).

I’m still in shock, it literally made my Squat Explode in a matter of 2 days, I feel like my max literally went up 20-35 pounds almost overnight (ahh…newb gains), but still.

:smiley:

/rant

TL;DR

CLIFFS:
*5/2/0 failure on 3x5 squat reps on MONDAY
*5/5/5 easy as hell reps on 3x5 squat(same weight) on Wednesday
*Did nothing new but added 3x10 Weighted Hyperextensions on Monday,and feel my squat went up 20-35+pounds in a span of 2 days(newb gains,but still)
*Has anybody experienced this?

Yes this has happened to me, usually it is a question of how well i have warmed up.
The better warm up, the better workout.

Probably not the hypers. You just had a really bad day on Monday and a good day yesterday.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Probably not the hypers. You just had a really bad day on Monday and a good day yesterday.[/quote]

this, or your back is stupid weak, either way, just keep the hypers if ya like them.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Probably not the hypers. You just had a really bad day on Monday and a good day yesterday.[/quote]

Legs are funny like that.

with deads and squats… i can lose 20-40 pounds worth of strength on a bad day…

hypers are god but nothing works within 2 days. try doing them for 3-4 months