Holy Friggin' Flip-Flop

I am absolutely stunned by this. I believe this to be a colossal blunder.

I’m stunned that you’re stunned at a politician’s flip flop…you must have had some kind of unwavering faith in the Man,
and his perceived outstanding integrity of the highest order to be “stunned” like that.

I’m not sure if a drone could be used that way, but he seems to be talking about using a drone to kill someone who could be justifiably killed by a police officer(not that a police officer could justifiably kill the man in the exact situation described-I have to think he left something out). However, he did a terrible job of articulating that.

[quote]JEATON wrote:

I am absolutely stunned by this. I believe this to be a colossal blunder. [/quote]

Yes and no. This will appeal to a braoder national audience, and it isn’t like the hardcore libers are gonna vote for Hilary instead…

He is a smart dude who plays chess rather than checkers, he’ll be fine.

Yeah, Checkers gets dissed because it seems simple, but get a Chess Expert to play a Checkers
Expert playing Checkers and he’ll wipe the fuckin’ floor with his ass.

Your analogy is like saying who’ll win a battle between a Lion and a Shark… it depends which environment they’re in, doesn’t it?

[quote]Karado wrote:
Yeah, Checkers gets dissed because it seems simple, but get a Chess Expert to play a Checkers

Your analogy is like saying who’ll win a battle between a Lion and a Shark… it depends which environment they’re in, doesn’t it?[/quote]

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:

Your analogy is like saying who’ll win a battle between a Lion and a Shark… it depends which environment they’re in, doesn’t it?[/quote]

[/quote]

I vote greatest video setup of the month.

Lol, funny shit, where is from, The Anchorman?

[quote]Karado wrote:

Really?

If that, very common phrase, with a very common connotation confuses you, I’m sorry. But I’m pretty sure my point is clear here.

If not, oh well.

Lol, Training Day, I saw that one…Denzel using the uneffective gangsta side grip while gunfighting gangbangers
while not firing from cover and completely exposed…yeah right.
Which fucked up police academy taught him that horseshit technique?

[quote]Karado wrote:
Lol, Training Day, I saw that one…Denzel using the uneffective gangsta side grip while gunfighting gangbangers
Which fucked up police academy taught him that horseshit technique?[/quote]

Malcom X police academy

[quote]Karado wrote:
Which fucked up police academy taught him that horseshit technique?[/quote]

And who fuck taught Ethan Hawke’s character to hand over his fucking 9MM to a fucking gangbanger
even if he DID take the bullets out of it at the poker game?
And what were the fucking astronomical chances that he saved that Gang leader’s niece earlier in the daywhen they were about execute him in thr bathtub thereby saving his life?
The more I think about the plot holes and eye rolling concidences in TRAINING DAY, the more I like POLICE ACADEMY being a masterpiece by comparison.

TD writer David Ayer has ‘inside’ street knowledge, but a much better film he wrote
and directed was HARSH TIMES with Christian Bale, whose performance he should have gotten
some kind of award for.

Christian Bale was great in Harsh Times, but I was not a huge fan of the movie itself. I thought the screenplay was rather poor and took way too long to really pick up into anything remotely intriguing. The direction was not particularly amazing, neither was the post-production editing, Bale was the saving grace of the movie, but that’s not to say he really saved anything.

I’m not a fan of Ayer for the most part, End Of Watch was a really good film, but everything he made before that was sloshy and cheesy. He might be a reasonable director when he gets his shit together, but as for his script writing capabilities, they are crusty and broken. End Of Watch might redeem him, but so far the cop-gang niche he’s set into isn’t really working for him when he translates it to a screen.

I agree to point, but we have to grade on a curve HER because most Hollywood police movies are of the mindless
Bang Bang Explosion types…Think BAD BOYS 1 and 2…come on.
That being said I haven’t seen EOW yet, but it obviously didn’t resonate, and wasn’t a fan of the forgettable STREET KINGS
as well…HT is the best of the bunch I’ve seen so far of Ayer’s stuff… but maybe EOW is better.

[quote]Karado wrote:
I agree to point, but we have to grade on a curve HER because most Hollywood police movies are of the mindless
Bang Bang Explosion types…Think BAD BOYS 1 and 2…come on.
That being said I haven’t seen EOW yet, but it obviously didn’t resonate, and wasn’t a fan of the forgettable STREET KINGS
as well…HT is the best of the bunch I’ve seen so far of Ayer’s stuff… but maybe EOW is better.[/quote]

End Of Watch is one hundred times better, it’s not even arguable in comparison. It is the defining directive effort of Ayer so far. It might be the only thing he’s made where I feel some kind of empathy for the characters involved. The dialogue was incredibly well done, Gyllenhaal and Pena’s characters play off each other so well. It’s refreshing to see him take a different approach than the usual “shitty corrupt cop” angle, even if he stays firmly in the same genre.

Street Kings was awful, we can agree on that completely. I’d suggest a viewing of End Of Watch, maybe afterwards we could have a more thorough discussion about it in one of the film related threads over in GAL.

EOW is definitely on my TBW list…think we’ve exchanged a few opinions over GAL on movies…what the fuck was this thread about initially?..:wink:

Holy shit , who’ld of thunk it :slight_smile: ,A politician changing his mind :slight_smile: I could not watch the vid:) ,I would not give it my email adress:)

[quote]Karado wrote:
EOW is definitely on my TBW list…think we’ve exchanged a few opinions over GAL on movies…what the fuck was this thread about initially?..;)[/quote]

I believe it was about Rand Paul being a salty shit-eating hypocrite who’s out to save his own skin at the risk of everyone else’s.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:

Really?

If that, very common phrase, with a very common connotation confuses you, I’m sorry. But I’m pretty sure my point is clear here.

If not, oh well. [/quote]

Yes, he is pulling it back in now.