Holy Crap: Damien Walters, Free Runner

And these guys are better.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]The other Rob wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Ya’ll do realize that a good portion of that first vid is computer enhanced, right?[/quote]

Doesn’t look it, what’s been modified?[/quote]

Is this a serious question? Any time the bottoms of someones feet are over 8’ off the ground or he’s jumping backwards over 5’ blocks while the laws of physics should dictate that his momentum would carry him in the opposite direction you can be relatively certain that it’s “fake”. A lot of what he did is really impressive, but even more of it was altered.[/quote]

Yes it was a serious question, I thought you realised that all the stuff shot in the gym is done on sprung floors and trampolines. That was all real.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Damien and his “protege” did stunts for Kick-Ass.

that kid must be the coolest kid at school.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Ya’ll do realize that a good portion of that first vid is computer enhanced, right?[/quote]

Is this a serious question? Any time the bottoms of someones feet are over 8’ off the ground or he’s jumping backwards over 5’ blocks while the laws of physics should dictate that his momentum would carry him in the opposite direction you can be relatively certain that it’s “fake”. A lot of what he did is really impressive, but even more of it was altered.[/quote]

Yes it was a serious question, I thought you realised that all the stuff shot in the gym is done on sprung floors and trampolines. That was all real.[/quote]

I did/do realize that was on a spring floor. Having said that, there are several things there that are “fishy”, like the backwards jump. I’d bet dollars to donuts there has been some clever “editing” on the vid.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Nope, all that was real.

[quote]XiaoNio wrote:
Not so secret confession. I like free running as a concept and really admire the originators like David Belle, but as a phenomenon I loathe it. It’s the same as tricking. You’re a dorky kid looking for an alternative physical activity, you go to the gymnastics gym, you teach yourself to do some flips and you jump around foam blocks. You’re cocky as hell, think you’re the business, being able to do this seemingly sick shit and posting your highlight reels on youtube. But really, you’re not half as skilled or as disciplined as the gymnasts around you and you’re annoying the hell out of some of them.

I say this because I used to do some of that stuff, but started learning from gymnasts and realized their discipline and attention to detail made what they were doing much more badass.

It’s kind of like being one of those folks that clean and jerks 135 for 30 reps. Suddenly you’re the hot shit. But if you went to a gym filled with Oly lifters with that attitude, you’d be getting on everyone’s nerves.[/quote]

Damien Walters was an Olympic Gymnast. I think he was ranked 4th or 5th in the world on Floor.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Dude, since when trampoline, wall paddings, gymnastics mats…are called CGI?

It’s funny to see how some people can’t stand to see other guys being more awesome than they are. Some dude posted a video of an amazing display of athletic skill and you get some shitty “FAKE!”, “Actually this guy sucks! Olympic gymnasts are the real deal!”

Ha! Ha!

[quote]Berserkergang wrote:
It’s funny to see how some people can’t stand to see other guys being more awesome than they are. Some dude posted a video of an amazing display of athletic skill and you get some shitty “FAKE!”, “Actually this guy sucks! Olympic gymnasts are the real deal!”

Ha! Ha![/quote]

If that was directed at me you took what I said the complete wrong way. I said what he did was bananas, but pretty sure some of it was “enhanced”. And yes, I know about springy floors and trampolines. Doesn’t change that certain things look a bit off. Who knows, maybe I’m wrong. Either way I doubt I could do any one thing he did there, let alone all of it.

They chose the wrong guy for the new Prince of Persia film.

Yeah the scene at 1:21 is definitely real.

He ran really fast, spun around and jumped backwards. He easily had enough momentum to do that.

Does not defy any physics I know of.

lol I watched the fat kid video like 5 times and laughed hysterically each time. I don’t know why it’s so freakin funny to me.

Damien Walters is fucking ninja. I’d give my left nut to be able to do that shit.