Holocaust, Apartheid and Colonies

[quote]lixy wrote:
Adamsson wrote:
When it comes to “reading the same texts”… well, when Alan explicitly, in his “a case for peace”-book outlines a two-state solution with half of Jerusalem to the palestinian state among other things… with maps and plans… how can you interpret that to “status quo”? how can you, in a honest way… DO that?! Care to elaborate?

Sure. In the book he relays the disingenous offer of a state composed of scattered bits and pieces. That is by no mean a viable solution and claiming otherwise is dishonest by nature. There’s a lot more to discuss in his book than that, but I don’t see how we could possibly do it in any constructive way in a few posts.

Going down that road is tantamount to rehashing the arguments that have already been presented by both sides of the debate for years. I have no interest nor will to go there. Let’s focus this thread on the new concept introduced by the article; that is, the whole “settler’s mentality”.

Thanks in advance,[/quote]

Ah, so when Dershowitz writes about how the scattered solution is not viable and that a homogenous palestine state, even with a right of way without Israeli checkpoints is important… he really means: I WANT A SCATTERED PALESTINE STATE…

It is good to see that the swedish school keeps going strong.

You lose more crediblity each time you reiterate this lie lixy… You were wrong, you tried a blatant lie. Admit it, and I’ll move on.

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
Ah, so when Dershowitz writes about how the scattered solution is not viable and that a homogenous palestine state, even with a right of way without Israeli checkpoints is important… he really means: I WANT A SCATTERED PALESTINE STATE…[/quote]

Sigh.

I did my best to not get drawn into yet-another-endless argument about generalities but you simply wouldn’t let it go, now did you? For heaven’s sake, I said it about four times clearly stating I BACK OFF!

You asked for it. You only have yourself to blame!

Listen here buddy, Alan has a whole chapter on the book on the issue and its contenders even more than that. After reading the chapter titled ?Is a Noncontiguous Palestinian State a Barrier to Peace??, you came to a different conclusion than me. I’ll quote the strongly pro-Zionist Jewish Virtual Library’s review of the book:

“Another excellent passage is from the chapter titled ?Is a Noncontiguous Palestinian State a Barrier to Peace?? This chapter effectively refutes the false claim that Israel is giving the Palestinians a series of ?Bantustans? for a state, similar to the mini-homelands given to black Africans in apartheid-era South Africa. Dershowitz goes further by saying that in today’s world of high-speed internet and cheap air and rail travel, states do not require continguity to be viable and sustainable. He casually reminds the reader that many nations, including the United States, have areas that are noncontiguous (i.e., Alaska and Hawaii). This claim is nothing more than an attempt to pressure Israel into giving up more territory while it is already making painful concessions for peace.”

http://jsource/reviews/CaseforPeace.html

Now, your interpretation clearly clashes with that of even the regular Zionist crew. There’s also an interview where Alan gets all tangled up defending the scattered bits solution (dated from 2004 if I’m not mistaken).

What’s Swedish schools have to do with the subject? Gee…

Since when is calling somebody a liar an argument? I understand that it’s a practice popularized by Dershowitz and to which he resorts to everytime he’s out of arguments. I’m afraid I misevaluated the level of your bigotry.

Naturally, the palestinians can’t get all the land between the western bank and gaza… I guess you understand why? Don’t you? Or are you so busy lying about Alan that understanding simple, simple concepts are… too timeconsuming? So yes, ofcourse there will be parts that aren’t connected, and even there Alan suggests a right-of-passage between those areas…

So again: what about you read the book, instead of trying to interpret mariuhana-induced dreams about the book, since that does not really work too well.

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
Naturally, the palestinians can’t get all the land between the western bank and gaza… I guess you understand why? Don’t you? Or are you so busy lying about Alan that understanding simple, simple concepts are… too timeconsuming? So yes, ofcourse there will be parts that aren’t connected, and even there Alan suggests a right-of-passage between those areas… [/quote]

Look who’s backing off…

First you said:

Ah, so when Dershowitz writes about how the scattered solution is not viable and that a homogenous palestine state, even with a right of way without Israeli checkpoints is important… he really means: I WANT A SCATTERED PALESTINE STATE…

Then you said:

So yes, ofcourse there will be parts that aren’t connected

And Webster says:

Scattered \Scat"tered, a. Dispersed; dissipated; sprinkled, or loosely spread.
[1913 Webster]

You got pegged!

[quote]lixy wrote:
Adamsson wrote:
Naturally, the palestinians can’t get all the land between the western bank and gaza… I guess you understand why? Don’t you? Or are you so busy lying about Alan that understanding simple, simple concepts are… too timeconsuming? So yes, ofcourse there will be parts that aren’t connected, and even there Alan suggests a right-of-passage between those areas…

Look who’s backing off…

First you said:

Then you said:

And Webster says:

[1913 Webster]

You got pegged![/quote]

EErhhhm… No?

Let me try this again:

The anti-scatterers are talking about small islands of land, very much alike the sowetos in southern africa when they critizise that kind of solution. Ofcourse the western bank and gaza has to be apart… you can’t just magically make them appear beside each other. The problems with this Dershowitz adresses with a right-of-passage/right-of-way solution. So… Again, you try a very dishonest tactic combined with lies.

a) You claim that Dershowitz support status quo.

b) I explain that he actually does not, and tell you why.

c) You come with specific examples of how he support a scattered Palestine.

b) I say, quite explicitly that the apartheid kind of scattering is exactly what Dershowitz oppose, but that you can’t make gaza and the western bank to magically appear next to each other…

and now I’m “pegged”…? Grow up please, you base your entire rethoric in every discussion on strawmen, lies and half truths, you again and again fall for logical fallacies as majority/authority…

could you, for once, try to make a serious, mature and logical sound argument? AFTER reading books you claim to have read? Please?

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
lixy wrote:
Adamsson wrote:

Look who’s backing off…

First you said:

Then you said:

And Webster says:

[1913 Webster]

You got pegged!

EErhhhm… No?

Let me try this again:

The anti-scatterers are talking about small islands of land, very much alike the sowetos in southern africa when they critizise that kind of solution. Ofcourse the western bank and gaza has to be apart… you can’t just magically make them appear beside each other. The problems with this Dershowitz adresses with a right-of-passage/right-of-way solution. So… Again, you try a very dishonest tactic combined with lies.

b) I say, quite explicitly that the apartheid kind of scattering is exactly what Dershowitz oppose, but that you can’t make gaza and the western bank to magically appear next to each other…

and now I’m “pegged”…? Grow up please, you base your entire rethoric in every discussion on strawmen, lies and half truths, you again and again fall for logical fallacies as majority/authority…

could you, for once, try to make a serious, mature and logical sound argument? AFTER reading books you claim to have read? Please?
[/quote]

Adamsson,

He is best ignored. He uses this site to spread his lies and Islamist Facist agenda. He is part of a group of English speaking Arabs who do pretty much the same thing on this and other sites. A cursory reading of his posts will tell you all you need to know.

Fortunately he only pollutes the political forum and is easily dismissed.

The fun part is that lixy interprets this to be status quo:

"The Arab-Israeli conflict should end with a two-state solution under which all the Arab and Muslim states - indeed the entire world - acknowledge Israel’s right to continue to exist as an independent, democratic, Jwish state with secure and defensible boundaries and free of terrorism. In exchange, Israel should recognize the right of Palestinians to establish an independent, democratic Palestinian state with politically and economically viable boundaries.

It would follow from Israel’s renouncing all claims to remain on Palestinian land that the military occupation would end and the Palestinian government would exercise political control over its land and the movement of its people.

The precise borders would, of course, have to be negotiated, but there is already in existence an agreed-upon international formula for resolving this divisive issue. Resolution 242, enacted by the UN Security Counsil in 1967 …

"

I don’t understand how someone in good faith can interpret that to be “a shattered solution” or a “status quo”…

When the same “someone” uses people like Cockburn and Finkelstein as backup for his claims, well… Cockburn is known for claiming that the 9/11 is a jewish conspiracy… both of them has accused Dershowitz for plagiarism and has lost in court… They do not have much credibility in the middle-east issue lixy, you have to understand this… neither do you. I have now proven you wrong. Dershowitz does clearly NOT stand for a status quo, so… your lie is exposed, now find some other thread to spread propaganda in, please. (Or maybe you should join Cockburn in throwing rocks at Israeli soldiers, it is a little hobby of his…)

[quote]Adamsson wrote:

b) I explain that he actually does not, and tell you why.[/quote]

Proposing disingenuous and dishonest half-assed proposals IS supporting the status quo.

[quote]c) You come with specific examples of how he support a scattered Palestine.

b) I say, quite explicitly that the apartheid kind of scattering is exactly what Dershowitz oppose, but that you can’t make gaza and the western bank to magically appear next to each other…[/quote]

Let it slide, will you? I made it clear that none of us will move from the current position.

Your only argument is that Dershowitz’s proposal is not as bad as South African Bantustans. You can’t possibly convince rational people with the “it’s better than what was in instaured in Apartheid South Africa”.

Dershowitz argues in his book that a scattered Palestine is not as bad as it sounds. And you just repeat that fallacy. I’ll re-quote the Jewish Virtual Library’s review of the book:

“Dershowitz goes further by saying that in today’s world of high-speed internet and cheap air and rail travel, states do not require continguity to be viable and sustainable.”

This is nonsense! He wouldn’t even grant the Palestinians sovereignty over the roads connecting the bits and pieces.

A quote by Carter to finish off;

“I don’t want to have a conversation even indirectly with Dershowitz,” Carter said in Friday’s [December 15, 2006] Boston Globe. “There is no need . . . to debate somebody who, in my opinion, knows nothing about the situation in Palestine.”

Coming from a Nobel peace prize laureate, it speaks volumes about our Zionist friend.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Adamsson wrote:

Proposing disingenuous and dishonest half-assed proposals IS supporting the status quo.

Let it slide, will you? I made it clear that none of us will move from the current position.

Your only argument is that Dershowitz’s proposal is not as bad as South African Bantustans. You can’t possibly convince rational people with the “it’s better than what was in instaured in Apartheid South Africa”.

Dershowitz argues in his book that a scattered Palestine is not as bad as it sounds. And you just repeat that fallacy. I’ll re-quote the Jewish Virtual Library’s review of the book:

“Dershowitz goes further by saying that in today’s world of high-speed internet and cheap air and rail travel, states do not require continguity to be viable and sustainable.”

This is nonsense! He wouldn’t even grant the Palestinians sovereignty over the roads connecting the bits and pieces.

A quote by Carter to finish off;

“I don’t want to have a conversation even indirectly with Dershowitz,” Carter said in Friday’s [December 15, 2006] Boston Globe. “There is no need . . . to debate somebody who, in my opinion, knows nothing about the situation in Palestine.”

Coming from a Nobel peace prize laureate, it speaks volumes about our Zionist friend.[/quote]

Another set of lies… how cute:)

1. You AGAIN… as you do in every single post, resort to appeal to majority and authority… this is a logical fallacy… still. Ok? Make arguments that are logical sound, do not make accusations and statements without backing them up.

2. Dershowitz explicitly say that he wants the palestinians to have right-of-way when it comes to conneecting the west bank and gaza. Another direct lie.

3. Again: Dershowitz does not argue for the scattered imaginary solution Arafat claimed that Israel came with at camp david in 2001, he argues for the plan outlined in resolution 242… You are again: far off. I don’t know if it is propaganda induced ignorance or if you just like lying…

[quote]Adamsson wrote:

1. You AGAIN… as you do in every single post, resort to appeal to majority and authority… this is a logical fallacy… still. Ok? Make arguments that are logical sound, do not make accusations and statements without backing them up. [/quote]

I am a Humanist! I grant great importance to the collective wisdom. And I don’t see anything wrong with quoting an authority who have impeccable credentials.

Right of passage is NOT sovereignty.

You have one weird interpretation of 242…

This is leading nowhere. I don’t wanna rehash the age-old debate. Alan’s agenda has been debunked long ago. Anyone interested in the issue can read his books and the stupendous pile of articles, scholarly papers and books that respond to his claims.

Other than that, that’s the last reply you’ll get from me. You called me a liar one too many times for me to keep overlooking that. I did my best to remain civil, but you kept pushing me to the edge.

The obligatory payback: Piss off!

[quote]lixy wrote:
Adamsson wrote:

1. You AGAIN… as you do in every single post, resort to appeal to majority and authority… this is a logical fallacy… still. Ok? Make arguments that are logical sound, do not make accusations and statements without backing them up.

I am a Humanist! I grant great importance to the collective wisdom. And I don’t see anything wrong with quoting an authority who have impeccable credentials.

1. Dershowitz explicitly say that he wants the palestinians to have right-of-way when it comes to conneecting the west bank and gaza. Another direct lie.

Right of passage is NOT sovereignty.

1. Again: Dershowitz does not argue for the scattered imaginary solution Arafat claimed that Israel came with at camp david in 2001, he argues for the plan outlined in resolution 242… You are again: far off. I don’t know if it is propaganda induced ignorance or if you just like lying…

You have one weird interpretation of 242…

This is leading nowhere. I don’t wanna rehash the age-old debate. Alan’s agenda has been debunked long ago. Anyone interested in the issue can read his books and the stupendous pile of articles, scholarly papers and books that respond to his claims.

Other than that, that’s the last reply you’ll get from me. You called me a liar one too many times for me to keep overlooking that. I did my best to remain civil, but you kept pushing me to the edge.

The obligatory payback: Piss off![/quote]

Dershowitz explicitly point to resolution 242… :slight_smile: And he also quotes the author of the resolution… and he makes a perfectly sound legal interpretation of the resolution.

You on the other hand, keep lying and keep getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar… isn’t it sad fighting a lost battle? You are just a tool in the greater agenda of men like Chomsky, Cockburn and Finkelstein. You want to discredit every serious and rational defender of Israel’s right to live… It is sad and pathetic.

I have proven you wrong in each post and I have debunked your lies about Dershowitz several times. Your “well, many people say” and “experts say” logical fallacies do NOT cut it here kid, ok? Maybe in the Moske, maybe at the red youth national convention… but NOT here. Ok? Better luck with your next lie.

“And I don’t see anything wrong with quoting an authority who have impeccable credentials.”

Israel critics that throw rocks at Israeli soldiers… have impeccable credentials… :slight_smile: Right.

The problem lixy is that someone IS NOT an expert just beacause you and other leftists SAY they are experts. Someone is NOT credible just beacause you and other leftists say so. Someone is NOT validated by YOUR claims. Ok? that is how easy it is. You keep making stupid accusations towards Dershowitz without backing them up or exemplifying them in any fashion, you just appeal to majority and appeal to authority, without doing any thinking on your own part. Grow up.

Why doesn’t Syria or Iran donate a tract of land and call it Palestine? Hell, with all their oil money, they could move the Palestinians there and give each one 40 acres and a mule! :smiley:

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
lixy wrote:

Surreal apologism. How about the poor Africans taken by force from their lands to serve as slaves?

Islam has much to apologize for doing that and selling those people.

[/quote]

Why should one be surprised at the existence of slavery under Islam? Slavery is part of Islam. The Qur’an and the hadith and Muhammad’s life refer to slaves and slavery. If it was part of 7th century Arabia, it is part of the Sunna, and is sanctioned by Allah and by Muhammad. Lixy knows this well.

What more do you want? In order to denounce it as an offense, one would be attacking Muhammad, or Islam. In order to denounce it, one would be suggesting that Muhammad was not, in what he permitted, the perfect man for all time - which can get you beheaded by adherents of Islam…