Hollywood Workout

[quote]PGA wrote:
A man walking around in compression UnderArmour, Nike, etc. shirts, who is not working out, is a class A attention whore and should be executed on the spot.[/quote]

Hmmmm…

Well, I have a couple of form-fitting Malibu Bodywear shirts - I’m pretty sure I don’t deserve to be “executed on the spot.”

That said, I’d be cautious about deciding what looks good and what looks overbearing and idiotically flamboyant, but if you’re jacked, showing it off a bit never hurt anyone.

[quote]XxMAGxX wrote:
He looked jacked in Reign of Fire.[/quote]

that he did

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Well, I have a couple of form-fitting Malibu Bodywear shirts - I’m pretty sure I don’t deserve to be “executed on the spot.”

That said, I’d be cautious about deciding what looks good and what looks overbearing and idiotically flamboyant, but if you’re jacked, showing it off a bit never hurt anyone.
[/quote]

Would you like it if someone went around touting the degrees they have or the money they have? You would probably think they were being a pompus ass or somene trying to get approval from someone.

Again compression UnderArmour as a fashion=Attention whore.

[quote]PGA wrote:
SkyNett wrote:

Would you like it if someone went around touting the degrees they have or the money they have? You would probably think they were being a pompus ass or somene trying to get approval from someone.

Again compression UnderArmour as a fashion=Attention whore.[/quote]

Wouldn’t driving an expensive car or living in an expensive house be displaying how much income you have? How is that different than wearing clothes that display your physique?

[quote]ptarleton wrote:
Why is this man paid to be less muscular than me and you? [/quote]

because we can’t act?

[quote]djohns wrote:
Wouldn’t driving an expensive car or living in an expensive house be displaying how much income you have? How is that different than wearing clothes that display your physique?[/quote]

You’re comparing compression clothing to cars and a house?

[quote]PGA wrote:

Again compression UnderArmour as a fashion=Attention whore.[/quote]

Actually it wouldn’t bother me at all.

I own two houses, have an impressive bank account, am on track to receive my advanced degree soon and like to wear stuff that shows my hard work in the gym. I’m not trying to get any kind of approval for any of it, it just is what it is - a fact. Should I feel like a prick every time I mention my summer home in conversation if it’s appropriate to the subject matter, or invite friends up there for the weekend? Or talk about school, or training?

I don’t feel insecure, or angry at anyone for enjoying what they have. If the rest of the world is privy to that enjoyment, I don’t see how that’s a big deal.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

I own two houses, have an impressive bank account, am on track to receive my advanced degree soon and like to wear stuff that shows my hard work in the gym. I’m not trying to get any kind of approval for any of it, it just is what it is - a fact. Should I feel like a prick every time I mention my summer home in conversation if it’s appropriate to the subject matter, or invite friends up there for the weekend? Or talk about school, or training?

I don’t feel insecure, or angry at anyone for enjoying what they have. If the rest of the world is privy to that enjoyment, I don’t see how that’s a big deal.
[/quote]

Just don’t wear it to a club or bar.

[quote]bluepulse wrote:
Those headphones are uber gay.[/quote]

Isn’t the word “uber” used predominantly by metro/gays??

[quote]PGA wrote:
Just don’t wear it to a club or bar.[/quote]

Actually I have worn that in a bar, and a club - many times. It was never a problem.

If you’re insinuating that someone might kick my ass for being dressed like that, in all my years of clubbing, that never happened.

So again, I’m not sure what the big deal is.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[/quote]

You don’t want to be compared to this guy…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
PGA wrote:
Just don’t wear it to a club or bar.

Actually I have worn that in a bar, and a club - many times. It was never a problem.

If you’re insinuating that someone might kick my ass for being dressed like that, in all my years of clubbing, that never happened.

So again, I’m not sure what the big deal is. [/quote]

O god, is this you?

[quote]PGA wrote:
You don’t want to be compared to this guy…[/quote]

Ouch - Ok, you win.

I remember those assholes - they have some website.

Jersey guidos - touche’. ; )

This is what people look like wearing UA to clubs…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
PGA wrote:
You don’t want to be compared to this guy…

Ouch - Ok, you win.

I remember those assholes - they have some website.

Jersey guidos - touche’. ; )

[/quote]

Yes and do you see what the problem is with wearing UA as a fashion? No matter what your perception of yourself is we don’t look like the football players in the club scene in the movie The Rundown.

[quote]PGA wrote:
This is what people look like wearing UA to clubs…[/quote]

Well - I still say his face makes him look like a douchebag way more than that UA shirt.

That said, I’m sure there’s a happy medium between Under Armor and a Mu-Mu.

[quote]PGA wrote:
Just don’t wear it to a club or bar.[/quote]

Who the fuck died and made you the fashion police?

If you want to prance around and be the official T-Nation queer eye for the buff guy, knock yourself out. But what people wear to a club or bar shouldn’t really be any fucking major concern of yours. If some guy walks into the club wearing a tight shirt and looks lame, he doesn’t need your disapproval–he won’t get laid. Or, alternately, he’ll wear some tight fitting shirt and will get laid. See, unless you’re cruising clubs and bars for cock, I don’t see why you need to worry about fashion faux pas’ that are relevant to the ladies.

The fact is that people wear tight/revealing clothes to clubs. And most good clubs aren’t even going to let you in wearing a compression shirt. So basically you’re yammering on about guys wearing shirts that are designed specifically for clubs and specifically to show off their bodies (kind of like the clothes that chicks wear to clubs).

If you’re seeing people wear workout clothes to clubs, you’re going to crappy clubs. And even then your focus ought to be on drinking, dancing and talking to chicks, not catty bitching about what other dudes are wearing.

[quote]rg73 wrote:

If you want to prance around and be the official T-Nation queer eye for the buff guy, knock yourself out. But what people wear to a club or bar shouldn’t really be any fucking major concern of yours. If some guy walks into the club wearing a tight shirt and looks lame, he doesn’t need your disapproval–he won’t get laid. Or, alternately, he’ll wear some tight fitting shirt and will get laid. See, unless you’re cruising clubs and bars for cock, I don’t see why you need to worry about fashion faux pas’ that are relevant to the ladies.

The fact is that people wear tight/revealing clothes to clubs. And most good clubs aren’t even going to let you in wearing a compression shirt. So basically you’re yammering on about guys wearing shirts that are designed specifically for clubs and specifically to show off their bodies (kind of like the clothes that chicks wear to clubs).

If you’re seeing people wear workout clothes to clubs, you’re going to crappy clubs. And even then your focus ought to be on drinking, dancing and talking to chicks, not catty bitching about what other dudes are wearing.[/quote]

DAMN did I hurt your feelings?

He’s resting between sets of elevated pushups. What’s the big deal?

[quote]PGA wrote:
rg73 wrote:

If you’re seeing people wear workout clothes to clubs, you’re going to crappy clubs. And even then your focus ought to be on drinking, dancing and talking to chicks, not catty bitching about what other dudes are wearing.

DAMN did I hurt your feelings?[/quote]

lol too funny