Hollywood Workout

Toss out that bench. This is how you get what so many call a “chiseled” chest.

Why is this man paid to be less muscular than me and you? Why do people think he’s in exceptionally good shape?

[quote]ptarleton wrote:
Why is this man paid to be less muscular than me and you?[/quote]

Maybe because he knows when referring to yourself and someone else, you’d phrase it “you and I” or “you and me.”

Did you see him in two for the money? He’s in pretty damn good shape.

hes not working out, hes preparing for an upcoming voice over role where he will play the part of an animated bulldog. he’s just trying to be the dog

Who is that?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Who is that?[/quote]

No shit, who is that?

[quote]ptarleton wrote:

Why is this man paid to be less muscular than me and you? Why do people think he’s in exceptionally good shape?[/quote]

Because he is in good shape. Not everyone wants to be Ronnie especially when they are pulling down millions per movie.

[quote]nikolo wrote:
ptarleton wrote:

Why is this man paid to be less muscular than me and you? Why do people think he’s in exceptionally good shape?

Because he is in good shape. Not everyone wants to be Ronnie especially when they are pulling down millions per movie. [/quote]

People on here seem to forget that sometimes, a big guy isn’t meant for the roll…

Obviously, some rolls (IE: Most super heroes) should be muscular. But plenty of actors are bad ass without being huge.

If you think a world filled with just ripped actors would be a world with good movies, your sadly mistaken.

While the Stallone and Arnold movies kicked ass at times, they get old REAL fast.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Who is that?

No shit, who is that?[/quote]

+1

… or +2, I guess.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
ptarleton wrote:
Why is this man paid to be less muscular than me and you?

Maybe because he knows when referring to yourself and someone else, you’d phrase it “you and I” or “you and me.”

Did you see him in two for the money? He’s in pretty damn good shape.[/quote]

My ex GF about dry humped the TV when the movie would come on. In fact, I think she left me to become his stalker.

He was in damn good shape in that flick…not what most of your Tnation posters want to look like however.

That is Matthew McConaughey I believe.

I think this boils down to the fact women dig a chiseled look, but can’t see it through clothes unless there are bulging muscles. On the silver screen these chiseled guys can strip down and reveal their physique without clothes.

They can wear more revealing clothes without being “gay” because they are “acting,” or playing the character. Us not on the silver screen are not able to walk around in our swim suit all year, to work, to the club, wear tight/revealing clothes without looking/feeling gay, etc.

This is also why I think there are so many posts on T-Nation from guys that have a very lean physique without building a significant amount of muscle. They think showing how chiseled they are we are all gonna swoon over them with no shirt on.

He is one of the few actors, along with Christian Bale, that can actually be considered in good shape even from a “bodybuilding” standpoint (not competition, mind you).

[quote]Boangiu wrote:
That is Matthew McConaughey I believe.[/quote]

Thanks. I can see it now that you mention it, but his face looks different. I guess if you took a picture of me in the middle of a set of pushups I would look different than usual too.

He is lean and fit. On camera he looks “big” because he has great definition but I don’t think he really is very big at all.

Does anyone know his stats?

Edit I was curious so I Googled his name, height and weight and come up with 6’ 212#'s and 6’1" 187#'s.

A damn sight better than Brad Pitt in Fight Club who looked to be ~ 150#'s soaking wet.

Shit, I bet MM is more muscular and certainly more fit overall than half the member of this website. I’ve read him talk about his training plans and he does lots of sprints and GPP as well as standard stuff.

He looked jacked in Reign of Fire.

[quote]ptarleton wrote:
Why is this man paid to be less muscular than me and you? Why do people think he’s in exceptionally good shape?[/quote]

Because he puts asses in the seats and your claim to fame is posting on T-Nation.

Look…he has more muscle on him than 99% of the people who post on here wanting to compete!

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Us not on the silver screen are not able to walk around in our swim suit all year, to work, to the club, wear tight/revealing clothes without looking/feeling gay, etc.[/quote]

I’ve gotta disagree with that. I can wear a form fitting T-shirt that highlights my physique without feeling “gay”.

I definitely wouldn’t prance around in a leotard, but there are plenty of body conscious clothes available that look good, show your build but do not make you look “gay”.

Feeling gay, that’s something else entirely, and I suppose that’s subjective. I really wouldn’t be too concerned about it though.

[quote]medevac wrote:
…not what most of your Tnation posters want to look like however.[/quote]

I wouldn’t say that.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
I’ve gotta disagree with that. I can wear a form fitting T-shirt that highlights my physique without feeling “gay”.

I definitely wouldn’t prance around in a leotard, but there are plenty of body conscious clothes available that look good, show your build but do not make you look “gay”.

Feeling gay, that’s something else entirely, and I suppose that’s subjective. I really wouldn’t be too concerned about it though.

[/quote]

A man walking around in compression UnderArmour, Nike, etc. shirts, who is not working out, is a class A attention whore and should be executed on the spot.

That goes without saying that the people who don’t have the body that requires said compression shirts wear them with nothing on top covering their fat bellies and loves handles should also be executed on the spot.

Those headphones are uber gay.