Hollywood Six Packs, WTF!

I’ve been noticing that since 300 has come out, it seems every dude in hollywood is sporting a six pack. The latest movie was Adam Sandler in “Zohan”.

I know these guys aren’t killing themselves dieting because the rest of their bodies would be ripped, not just their stomachs. I’ve heard surgeons these days can sculpt six packs without taking all the fat around the stomach.

WTF?

• Adam

you’re checking out dudes stomachs?

WTF indeed. Guess it’s the low bf%… which is what makes your abs visible in the first place. What’s your point?

it’s called makeup… it was even used in 300, but not as much. proper shading and lighting can give off the illusion of anything.

You would be surprised what you can do with great camera work, good lighting and some makeup. A good friend of mine is a Director of Photography and what you see when the image hits the film and what it looks like when you are standing 10 feet away shooting it can look remarkably different.

Optics can be manipulated in so many different ways it is amazing. In Hollywood there is no such thing as point and shoot - if you want to keep working that is.

There is a commercial where some fat guy is getting a spray tan next to a pool. When he mentions that he’s going to leave a review of the tan online, the guy spraying him gives him a six pack. It looked pretty good and would be believable on a thinner guy.

[quote]adamhum wrote:
I’ve been noticing that since 300 has come out, it seems every dude in hollywood is sporting a six pack. The latest movie was Adam Sandler in “Zohan”.

I know these guys aren’t killing themselves dieting because the rest of their bodies would be ripped, not just their stomachs. I’ve heard surgeons these days can sculpt six packs without taking all the fat around the stomach.

WTF?

• Adam[/quote]

Sandler didnt have a 6 pack in Zohan.

I have Sakuraba abs.

You can do a LOT with proper lighting and make-up.

This is not trying to negate or downplay some of the hard work that actors do to get ripped for a role, but camera effects add a whole new dimension.

I saw an interview with some of the 300 guys on the set, between shots. They looked lean, but somewhat emaciated and flat. It was clear that certain muscle groups had been airbrushed.

Lighting, also, makes a huge difference. You can confirm this by yourself…look at beach photos of yourself taken at 9am, 12pm and 4pm and see how the different light conditions drastically alter the appearance of your physique

[quote]Magnate wrote:
adamhum wrote:

WTF?

• Adam

Sandler didnt have a 6 pack in Zohan.[/quote]

He’s fucking ripped as fuck.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Magnate wrote:
adamhum wrote:

WTF?

• Adam

Sandler didnt have a 6 pack in Zohan.

He’s fucking ripped as fuck.[/quote]

IMO, if you don’t have any muscle, you’re just skinny.

I’ll agree with anyone who wants to talk about Sandler being ‘in shape’ for the first time in years (he had some guns in Airheads, when he was much younger), but to anyone calling the above pic “ripped as fuck”… I have to question your own goals. He’s just not fat anymore.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I’ll agree with anyone who wants to talk about Sandler being ‘in shape’ for the first time in years (he had some guns in Airheads, when he was much younger), but to anyone calling the above pic “ripped as fuck”… I have to question your own goals. He’s just not fat anymore.

S
[/quote]

drumming=guns! - YouTube

Dwarf - I love those pictures. Where do you get them?

I have not seen the movie but if that is Sandler ripped (in the picture above) then we should talk.

I WAS JOKING! I was only kidding about the “ripped as fuck” comment.

Seriously, we need to have a sarcasm tag or something, maybe one of those cute little smiley faces where he is rolling his eyes.

Jeez Louise people…

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

Seriously, we need to have a sarcasm tag or something, maybe one of those cute little smiley faces where he is rolling his eyes.

Jeez Louise people…[/quote]

Problem is that some people might think that is ripped.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

Sarcasm tag is given by doing this:

/sarcasm

at the end of your comment.

[quote]Christine wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

Jeez Louise people…

Problem is that some people might think that is ripped.[/quote]

as fuck.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

Skaz05

I knew you were joking. My conversation is for the people that read the thread and do think that Sandler is jacked.