T Nation

Hollywood Knows Best....

Just came across this little clip and it really got under my skin. It is a prime example of Hollywoods sanctimonious douchbaggery (yes, I coined the word). This halfwit can barely get out a coherent sentence, yet we are supposed to give him special status on the issue because he plays pretend for a living.

Favorite quote:

“Umm umm umm umm umm…”

Adam Scott

That was all I heard and it had a very powerful impact on my ears.

[quote]JEATON wrote:
This halfwit can barely get out a coherent sentence, [/quote]

He reminded me of her:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

Just came across this little clip and it really got under my skin. It is a prime example of Hollywoods sanctimonious douchbaggery (yes, I coined the word). This halfwit can barely get out a coherent sentence, yet we are supposed to give him special status on the issue because he plays pretend for a living. [/quote]

Were you as offended at Clint Eastwood’s convention speech? He too plays pretend for a living. And yet he got special status on the issues. Seems like it should irk you just as much. But I doubt it did.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

Just came across this little clip and it really got under my skin. It is a prime example of Hollywoods sanctimonious douchbaggery (yes, I coined the word). This halfwit can barely get out a coherent sentence, yet we are supposed to give him special status on the issue because he plays pretend for a living. [/quote]

Were you as offended at Clint Eastwood’s convention speech? He too plays pretend for a living. And yet he got special status on the issues. Seems like it should irk you just as much. But I doubt it did.[/quote]

Got special status from whom? And by the way, your prissy little liberal panties are showing.

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

Just came across this little clip and it really got under my skin. It is a prime example of Hollywoods sanctimonious douchbaggery (yes, I coined the word). This halfwit can barely get out a coherent sentence, yet we are supposed to give him special status on the issue because he plays pretend for a living. [/quote]

Were you as offended at Clint Eastwood’s convention speech? He too plays pretend for a living. And yet he got special status on the issues. Seems like it should irk you just as much. But I doubt it did.[/quote]

Got special status from whom? And by the way, your prissy little liberal panties are showing. [/quote]

Stop looking at my crotch pervert. Just because I don’t think God is offended by all the gays doesn’t mean I want you to talk dirty to me.

As an aside, you know who is really a prissy little bitch? Someone who spends their time complaining about some actor airing some political view–but only when that political view doesn’t match up with their own. Again, I’d bet you had your skirt and pom poms out for Clint Eastwood.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

Just came across this little clip and it really got under my skin. It is a prime example of Hollywoods sanctimonious douchbaggery (yes, I coined the word). This halfwit can barely get out a coherent sentence, yet we are supposed to give him special status on the issue because he plays pretend for a living. [/quote]

Were you as offended at Clint Eastwood’s convention speech? He too plays pretend for a living. And yet he got special status on the issues. Seems like it should irk you just as much. But I doubt it did.[/quote]

Got special status from whom? And by the way, your prissy little liberal panties are showing. [/quote]

Stop looking at my crotch pervert. Just because I don’t think God is offended by all the gays doesn’t mean I want you to talk dirty to me.

As an aside, you know who is really a prissy little bitch? Someone who spends their time complaining about some actor airing some political view–but only when that political view doesn’t match up with their own. Again, I’d bet you had your skirt and pom poms out for Clint Eastwood.[/quote]

But as usual, you would be wrong.

My problem with most actors playing activist is that they rarely have a clue as to what they are talking about. They “feel” but they do not “think”. And this shows glaringly when they are caught in an unscripted moment such as this.

You are simply a slightly different side of the die. You have spent the last four or so years of your life submerged in a leftist environment. You have been taught to write in a certain style, and you do it well. Where you go wrong is when you pretend to be a non partial centrist. Maybe you even fool yourself from time to time, I don’t know. But in the end your leanings ooze through your writing.

And then it all falls apart. You come out sounding hollow. Your leanings determine your stance and then with the power of Google and Wikipedia you spin off liberal leaning reply all while shouting “but I’m not a liberal and I didn’t vote for Obama.”

I bother you because I take a firm conservative stance and make no apologies. I do not write as well as you but I am congruent. And it shows. You should try it yourself.

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

Just came across this little clip and it really got under my skin. It is a prime example of Hollywoods sanctimonious douchbaggery (yes, I coined the word). This halfwit can barely get out a coherent sentence, yet we are supposed to give him special status on the issue because he plays pretend for a living. [/quote]

Were you as offended at Clint Eastwood’s convention speech? He too plays pretend for a living. And yet he got special status on the issues. Seems like it should irk you just as much. But I doubt it did.[/quote]

Got special status from whom? And by the way, your prissy little liberal panties are showing. [/quote]

Stop looking at my crotch pervert. Just because I don’t think God is offended by all the gays doesn’t mean I want you to talk dirty to me.

As an aside, you know who is really a prissy little bitch? Someone who spends their time complaining about some actor airing some political view–but only when that political view doesn’t match up with their own. Again, I’d bet you had your skirt and pom poms out for Clint Eastwood.[/quote]

But as usual, you would be wrong.

My problem with most actors playing activist is that they rarely have a clue as to what they are talking about. They “feel” but they do not “think”. And this shows glaringly when they are caught in an unscripted moment such as this.

You are simply a slightly different side of the die. You have spent the last four or so years of your life submerged in a leftist environment. You have been taught to write in a certain style, and you do it well. Where you go wrong is when you pretend to be a non partial centrist. Maybe you even fool yourself from time to time, I don’t know. But in the end your leanings ooze through your writing.

And then it all falls apart. You come out sounding hollow. Your leanings determine your stance and then with the power of Google and Wikipedia you spin off liberal leaning reply all while shouting “but I’m not a liberal and I didn’t vote for Obama.”

I bother you because I take a firm conservative stance and make no apologies. I do not write as well as you but I am congruent. And it shows. You should try it yourself. [/quote]

Neither side has a monopoly on the truth. If you always agree with Rush Limbaugh, you’re in as much trouble as the guy who always agrees with Rachel Maddow.

Though I don’t normally defend myself from the dirty “L” word, I will here because you put some thought into the above. I agree with a lot of what I read on here. And I disagree with the archetypal liberal partisan on almost every count, save for maybe gay marriage. For example: tax cuts are expansionary. Tax hikes are contractionary. I consider anyone who does not understand this to be stupid–and that is almost every liberal I know.

That said, I’m proud to disagree with some of the nonsense that is bandied about this board.

By the way, I care as little about what Adam Scott thinks as you do. The difference is that I also care as little about what Donald Trump and Clint Eastwood think.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
By the way, I care as little about what Adam Scott thinks as you do. The difference is that I also care as little about what Donald Trump and Clint Eastwood think.[/quote]

if you think being conservative means we agree with a gigantic fucking douche like donald trump, you couldnt be more wrong. nobody agrees with that useless retard.

You can take clint or leave him, i dont give a rats ass.

I agree with Jeaton, the vast majority of hollywood are mindless idiots that try to repeat some mindless drivel somebody else said. and by vast majority i am talking 99.7% or so. And in case you havent noticed, the vast majority of what they are (poorly) reciting is hard left bs. for every eastwood there are 50 scotts.

[quote]Da Man reloaded wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
By the way, I care as little about what Adam Scott thinks as you do. The difference is that I also care as little about what Donald Trump and Clint Eastwood think.[/quote]

if you think being conservative means we agree with a gigantic fucking douche like donald trump, you couldnt be more wrong. nobody agrees with that useless retard.

You can take clint or leave him, i dont give a rats ass.

I agree with Jeaton, the vast majority of hollywood are mindless idiots that try to repeat some mindless drivel somebody else said. and by vast majority i am talking 99.7% or so. And in case you havent noticed, the vast majority of what they are (poorly) reciting is hard left bs. for every eastwood there are 50 scotts.[/quote]

I cannot tell you the number of times I am in a discussion with someone and when the temperature is turned up just mildly the utter something along the lines of, “You need to watch something other than Fox News” or “You gotta stop listening to Limbaugh.”

The truth is, I could not tell you the channel Fox news is on in my home or where you could even go to listen to Rush. I put not stock in Trump and I could care less what Clint Eastwood thinks.

I have mentioned here that I have fairly recently subscribed to TheBlazeTV.com and do enjoy it. Most of my information is digested through the written word, either through books, magazines or various websites. I prefer it this way as I can slow down the flow enough to actually analyze it rather than be force fed.

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]Da Man reloaded wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
By the way, I care as little about what Adam Scott thinks as you do. The difference is that I also care as little about what Donald Trump and Clint Eastwood think.[/quote]

if you think being conservative means we agree with a gigantic fucking douche like donald trump, you couldnt be more wrong. nobody agrees with that useless retard.

You can take clint or leave him, i dont give a rats ass.

I agree with Jeaton, the vast majority of hollywood are mindless idiots that try to repeat some mindless drivel somebody else said. and by vast majority i am talking 99.7% or so. And in case you havent noticed, the vast majority of what they are (poorly) reciting is hard left bs. for every eastwood there are 50 scotts.[/quote]

I cannot tell you the number of times I am in a discussion with someone and when the temperature is turned up just mildly the utter something along the lines of, “You need to watch something other than Fox News” or “You gotta stop listening to Limbaugh.”

The truth is, I could not tell you the channel Fox news is on in my home or where you could even go to listen to Rush. I put not stock in Trump and I could care less what Clint Eastwood thinks.

I have mentioned here that I have fairly recently subscribed to TheBlazeTV.com and do enjoy it. Most of my information is digested through the written word, either through books, magazines or various websites. I prefer it this way as I can slow down the flow enough to actually analyze it rather than be force fed. [/quote]

Fair enough, I don’t pretend to know what kind of TV you watch.

Anyway, my point is this: I’m a liberal in a room full of conservatives and a conservative in a room full of liberals.

In my view, the best sign that you’re on the right track is that both sets of partisans disagree with you. Not always, but often.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

[quote]Karado wrote:
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

[/quote]

Just curious where did you get these facts ? if true , I like it

What this is, is this guy (Adam Scott) probably trying to push a new movie, tv show, book, or some shit he is involved in.

As far as comparing this kid to Clint or Trump, both Clint and Donald have established themselves in their fields for years. This guy Scott has been alive for but a minute, he has not earned his dues to talk.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
What this is, is this guy (Adam Scott) probably trying to push a new movie, tv show, book, or some shit he is involved in.

As far as comparing this kid to Clint or Trump, both Clint and Donald have established themselves in their fields for years. This guy Scott has been alive for but a minute, he has not earned his dues to talk. [/quote]

Nobody earns or doesn’t earn the right to talk about politics in a democracy. Cameramen showed up and asked him questions. That happens to famous people. C’est la vie.