T Nation

Holiday - Transportation Ideas in Stealth Mode?

Has anyone had any experience with being on cycle and then going on holiday and needing to transport gear, needles etc through customs checks?

Situation - have all equipment for next cycle involving GH, Test, EQ and Dbol. I am thinking of entering NABBA North East comp which is on May 19th with my prep beginning on Monday however my father is getting married so I will be in South Africa for 10 days from around the 20th April, so transport is a concern as I’ve never taken gear abroad.

I plan to start taking GH next week for 6-12 months so that is the main concern, the Test is Schering Test-E and EQ also pharma however they aren’t a priority as if I return around the 1st May I still have 18/19 days for the esters to act which from previous cycle experience with Test-E was around the mark I started looking fuller.

So what I have to transport is a single 8.8mg vial, some bacwater and about 10 slin needles. The needles I imagine I may be able to source over there so may be avoidable as I have a diabetic friend who should be able to help out but that still leaves me with the vial and backwater, so am I better of posting it to my pops, keeping it on my person as its only small or trying to sly it in the hold luggage. My thinking is they’re not gonna pick up a tiny little vial through x-rays and recognize what the shape is to warrant opening the suit case and checking it however I am not prepared to be ignorant and take chances.

Any experience or advice is appreciated

Based on some reading I did to prepare myself for an upcoming trip, I think people are going to say that if you’re going through customs, mailing it to yourself is the best choice, followed by stashing it in your hold luggage (which I assume means checked bag in American parlance). I think there is some concern with stashing a vial in the unpressurized hold if the seal has been punctured, but I’m not actually sure, and hopefully someone can weigh in.

This is a minor threadjack, but I’m in a similar situation where I need to be doing ED or at least EOD injects of prop, and I have a pair of 4 day domestic trips coming up next month. I hate checking bags (and I’m not sure if punctured vials can go in a checked bag safely) so I’m leaning strongly towards putting all my stuff in my carry-on and trying to make it look legit - I seriously doubt that security on a domestic flight is looking for someone carrying a single vial of gear and 10 insulin pins.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Punctured seals is not an issue for checked baggage. I am on TRT and travel a couple times a month and have never had any problems. Just put it in my shaving kit. This is a far better method than carrying it through security, IMO. Especially if you are dealing with…“gary market” gear.

BTW, for what its worth, the vial is not marked with the script info and I carry the doctors note on my person and not in the bag, and have never had an issue with security or customs. Travelled domestically within the US tons of times, also been to Canada, the EU mainland, and the UK and never had a single issue.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Punctured seals is not an issue for checked baggage. I am on TRT and travel a couple times a month and have never had any problems. Just put it in my shaving kit. This is a far better method than carrying it through security, IMO. Especially if you are dealing with…“gary market” gear.

BTW, for what its worth, the vial is not marked with the script info and I carry the doctors note on my person and not in the bag, and have never had an issue with security or customs. Travelled domestically within the US tons of times, also been to Canada, the EU mainland, and the UK and never had a single issue. [/quote]

Thanks, someone on the internet claimed that the gear would leak out of a punctured seal in the unpressurized baggage hold, but someone on the internet is always claiming something stupid, so I wasn’t sure if I should believe it.

So you don’t carry your legitimately prescribed pharmaceutical gear through security, ever? I really hate to check a bag for a 4 day trip but its starting to look like I might have to. I don’t have any fear at all of my gear and pins being found in a checked bag now that I know it won’t leak.

I suppose I could always shoot what I need into an empty hCG vial, since its Ovidac brand, but I would still have to present a doctor’s note to the screener explaining why I have a bottle of hCG…

I almost always check my bags, but im a fairly large dude and its hard for me to get enough shit into a carry on for a 4 day trip. Its just easier to check them. It doesnt cost me anything and I can take more stuff (gym bag, supplements, etc.).

TSA is not in the business of drug enforecement–that falls under the DEA…if they get something that they know is a drug they turn that over to the DEA but things like meds…meh…you are unlikely to get any questions.

i plan on being in america for two weeks of pct so will need to bring nolva with me. from ireland! can anyone see any problems with bringing two weeks worth of nolva? thinking of just leaving it in my wash bag, and even putting them in a solpadeine box or is there any need?

The only reason I’m worried about my gear is because a) I don’t want to check a bag and b) I have to carry pins. If you have pharmaceutical nolvadex, presumably it’s pills in a blister pack in a checked bag, so I seriously doubt it would be an issue.

ye its in blister packs and ill be checking it in, thanks!

@VT - thanks a lot for the feedback bud! I’ll use your idea then and just buy a little travel bag with shaving and toothpaste etc and put in my hold luggage as the vial is tiny, I’ll try get a photo up tonight for safety measure anyway.

@Bushido - haha :wink: its my first comp man and I’m gonna be doing U21s so we wouldn’t get to PD unfortunately! Only entering if I’m happy with my condition and just to experience what its like to gauge a feeling from it.