T Nation

Holiday Seminar Giveaway!!

OK all. Im sitting here with a full belly sipping a nice Not Ice cold but just perfect Guiness and reflecting on the holiday season etc. Well Im in a giving mood and well aint no one here LOL so Im turning here.

Giving up one seat to the DC Test Fest for Jan 14th to someone of course who doesnt have one and deserves it. So I ask you to post s short post on why you feel you deserve the seat. Then I will have the presenters look them over and tell me who they feel deserves it.

So that is why I say keep it short let me tell you most of these guys read enough and dont want some long story keep it short and descript. May also take a day or two for them to get back to me. I will have the mods close this probably tonight or tomorrow depending on how fast it fills up.

Also Dont do this unless you are prepared to buy a plane ticket or travel cost and hotel. this is the Seminar seat only.

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

I'm already booked, but damn Phil, that sure is generous. I can't wait to converse with you and the rest of the presenters/attendees.

Happy Holidays,

That's very generous of you Phil. I wish I could go. I'm sure somebody will hit you up.

Merry Christmas!

That is really righteous! Merry Christmas!

OK, gonna try to keep it short. 2 years ago I had spinal cord/brain surgery. prior to this I was unable to do just about anything athletic for any period of time. it took them 5 years to get it fixed after an MRI report said I had the condition (chiari) in the first six months of problems, and my fantastic doctor neglected to tell me. so that was a little over 2 years ago.

since then In have not missed a scheduled workout and went from a really fat 340lbs to a pretty repectable 296lbs(if I do say so myself) while training in a powerlifting/strongman style. on sept 3rd I had some more problems and was unable to use my legs for a day, I went to stand up and fell down, and for the next 5 weeks I had unpredictable times of paralysis on the left side.

after exhaustive tests to find out the cause of the problem (possibly a Synrx (sp?)) with about 9 MRI's of brain and C-spine with/without contrast, whatever the hell that means. they were no closer to an idea of why my left side was not working. long story short. got into a car accident and smacked my head on the steering wheel.

for some reaon since then I have not had any symptoms(MRI showed the Syrnx gone) and have gone back to the gym, work and finished up the work from the time I lost in school. I was told It would be a bad idea to continue to train in a powerlift/strongman fashion so I am thinking of trying to bodybuild instead, There is no way I can stop lifting.

I have had 3 weeks to get things back on course and think the seminar would be a great oppertunity to learn a great deal form some great teachers. sorry for the legnth, and if any doubts about the surgery you'll see the massive scar, I love to lie about how I got it at when I am out, lets just say there are alot of ways to explain the scar and I have probly tried most of them. thanks for this great chance, BB

I'm trying to think of a way to follow the previous post.

2006 is a year I will step out of my comfort zone, take a chance with my career, and finally get my body into the shape I want it. This seminar will allow me to meet the people who have educated, encouraged, and inspired me to finally let go of the rock (I"m quoting a TC article here).

I don't know what else to say. It's pretty basic but I'm personally scared shitless of the coming year. Change is not something I've embraced.

Thanks for your generosity, Phil.

My goodness Biggie. I think you scared everyone away LOL.

Going to let this run a bit longer for maybe a few more replies etc. Then ill have em shut er down and get a vote.

Edit for one last bump

LOL phil, sorry didn't mean to scare anyone away I'm sure someone has a more interesting reason/story. bump to give people a chance to get a seat to this thing.

I got to thinking about my lame post while having a mini hour of the wolf (maybe it was an hour of the puppy). Anyway, I thought about why I wanted to attend, and here it is. It's a bit of a ramble, but at 3:30 in the morning, stuff tends to come out of you in weird ways. Thanks again, Phil.

I'm staring down the barrel of the gun of change. Beads of sweat drip down the face of the man I currently am. The one who has sought the comfort and safety of routines, conformity, and fear.

You see, I'm in the position to be the coach, mentor, nutritionist, motivator, personal chef, and accountability partner for my wife as she undergoes the Team Staley "Your Best Quarter Ever" Transformation Challenge starting January 1. As I think about my role in all this, I lay awake at night thinking about what I want to do with my life. Rather than being in a job that sucks the life out of me (marketing), what if I start a career where I'm helping others transform their lives?

As my finger hovers over the enter key, deciding whether or not to post this, I'm thinking, "What if they choose me? Then what? I don't havethe money for a plane ticket, let along for the room and food."

"What if I get that opportunity? What do I do if I get something that I really want? Surely I don't deserve this."

Then I look over at that man cowering in the face of fear and I realize that attending this seminar would go beyond learning how to physically transform myself. It would be about transforming everything about me.

That man doesn't like change. I don't like change. I've feared it my whole life. I run from it and hide. But I want it. And I think this seminar is a great...big...step towards making change.

I take one last look at the scared little man cowering in the corner, and I think to myself, "I wonder how much change I can find under the sofa cushions?"

No risk. No reward.

I should not get it as I am planning on coming anyways and can afford it. Just wanted to say, you da man Phil! Great job on being one hell of a guy.

OK thanks all and Happy holidays im ending it here and will send the two people in to the judges for a vote and get back to you ASAP.

Oh and if the mods could lock this that would be cool if not let em post away knowing they are a day late and a dollar short.

Thanks again,