T Nation

Holiday Gluttony

I stopped trying to justify it a few days ago.

That first box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates was to “replenish glycogen”.

The Toblerone bar was taken with protein powder and fish oil (to blunt the insulin response). That’s like the same as eating a Metabolic Drive bar, right?

To hell with it…I’ve been gorging myself on various holiday delectations and have been enjoying every minute of it. Tis’ the season…to punish my pancreas and various other organs (I’m a bit tired of their shit and the “free ride” they’re getting).

Yesterday was a particularly “nutritious” day, in which I consumed a pizza, a huge bowl of gnocchi, a toblerone bar, several microbrews, half a tray of holiday squares and a full steak dinner. Ridiculous.

Lets hear about some of your yuletide gorging.

As far as meals go, I have had 2 big turkey dinners so far. Both of them I ate until I was extremely uncomfortable. My aunt made a turtles pumpkin pie and I ate the hell out of that as well.

I eat choclates and baking all day. Seriously, all day.

Egg nog and captain to cop things off.

Oh and x2 on the fish oil and protein shake with the chocolate.

[quote]kheaslim wrote:
Oh and x2 on the fish oil and protein shake with the chocolate.[/quote]

Yep. Any kind of nutritional transgression can be rendered harmless with fish oil. A tray of fried Mars bars washed down with a milkshake would make any cardiologist burst into tears, but eaten with 2 fish oil capsules it becomes a healthy snack.

So goes my logic, anyway.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]kheaslim wrote:

Yep. Any kind of nutritional transgression can be rendered harmless with fish oil. A tray of fried Mars bars washed down with a milkshake would make any cardiologist burst into tears, but eaten with 2 fish oil capsules it becomes a healthy snack.

So goes my logic, anyway.[/quote]

LOL

I am preparing to eat well over 2 batches of molasses cookies. The onslaught starts in 48 hours.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]kheaslim wrote:

So goes my logic, anyway.[/quote]

I love it. I’ve actually been really good, but yesterday I decided to get a big can of regular coconut milk, some greek yogurt, and 3 scoops of whey into the blender to make a 1200 calorie PWO shake. It was thick so I thinned it out with 3 cups of whole milk to bring it over 1600 calories. Then had a steak 2 hours later. The misses has bowls of dove chocolates and hersey’s kisses all over the house, I’ve been eating the shit out of those

Today, they’re ordering Pizza at work … I may or may not participate … when I get home I’m having friends over for a Christmas dinner party which will consist of turkey and all the fixings, pies, cakes, fudge, oreo balls (fuck off with your jokes), and booze. I hit the gym this morning before work and had a wonderful workout that’ll keep my metabolism up and running all day.

Tomorrow, bit of the same 'cept I’m going over to my gf’s mothers for dinner which will consist of Italian food, pastas, red sauce, cannoli’s yada yada yada … and booze … might wake up early again to hit the gym, but I doubt it :slight_smile:

Christmas I’m going to my gf’s grandparents house and they’re Portuguese (from the Islands … Madeira Islands for those who don’t know wtf I’m talking about) and there’ll be tons of food and booze … and no chance of the gym … might find a cleared out field or parking lot (cleared of snow and ice … wish me luck) to push the prowler around in to get the metabolism churning in the am.

THEN, day after Christmas … waking up … lifting, going to my parents house for brunch which will consist of omlettes, potatoes, muffins, pancakes (wish they were waffles) linguica (look it up), coffee with booze (irish coffees, mexican coffees …)

And then there’s sunday, the only day in the next 5 that will resemble some form of sanity; where I regain my composure until next Thursday when it all starts again … at least my lifts are going up and I got the prowler … so I have THAT going for me

Over the years, I’ve all but lost my sweet tooth. But I’m just looking forward to overeating everything else.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Over the years, I’ve all but lost my sweet tooth. But I’m just looking forward to overeating everything else. [/quote]

Well aren’t you a goody two shoes :stuck_out_tongue:

ID that is one sick avatar!

I hope to gain 20lb by new years haha. Sloppy as fuck.

Tomorrow we are going to have French Onion soup with melted cheese and bread. Next Venison Tenderloin wrapped in bacon (the deer was killed about three weeks ago). Mashed potatoes with garlic and lot’s of butter. and brussel sprouts broiled with maple syrup and bacon. Desert will be my wife’s apple pie with homemade vanilla ice cream.

After dinner I’ll sip a little Jack Daniels and some Harvey Whisker Port. Maybe have a cigar.

I’m taking this week off other then walking the dog. I concentrate on increasing my girth on Christmas week. Usually I am successful at it!

Pumkin pie and cover it in cool hawhip…never get enough of that shit.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Today, they’re ordering Pizza at work … I may or may not participate … when I get home I’m having friends over for a Christmas dinner party which will consist of turkey and all the fixings, pies, cakes, fudge, oreo balls (fuck off with your jokes), and booze. I hit the gym this morning before work and had a wonderful workout that’ll keep my metabolism up and running all day.

Tomorrow, bit of the same 'cept I’m going over to my gf’s mothers for dinner which will consist of Italian food, pastas, red sauce, cannoli’s yada yada yada … and booze … might wake up early again to hit the gym, but I doubt it :slight_smile:

Christmas I’m going to my gf’s grandparents house and they’re Portuguese (from the Islands … Madeira Islands for those who don’t know wtf I’m talking about) and there’ll be tons of food and booze … and no chance of the gym … might find a cleared out field or parking lot (cleared of snow and ice … wish me luck) to push the prowler around in to get the metabolism churning in the am.

THEN, day after Christmas … waking up … lifting, going to my parents house for brunch which will consist of omlettes, potatoes, muffins, pancakes (wish they were waffles) linguica (look it up), coffee with booze (irish coffees, mexican coffees …)

And then there’s sunday, the only day in the next 5 that will resemble some form of sanity; where I regain my composure until next Thursday when it all starts again … at least my lifts are going up and I got the prowler … so I have THAT going for me[/quote]

Portuguese GF, linquica, as ilhas dos Açores. Will you be in the Somerville/Cambridge area or Fall River.

shit… all i’ve had so far is a tub of gingerbread cookies with half a gallon of whole milk.

After reading all you guys posts… i think i need to step it up.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

And then there’s sunday, the only day in the next 5 that will resemble some form of sanity; where I regain my composure until next Thursday when it all starts again … at least my lifts are going up and I got the prowler … so I have THAT going for me[/quote]

Portuguese GF, linquica, as ilhas dos A�§ores. Will you be in the Somerville/Cambridge area or Fall River.
[/quote]

New Bedford … close though

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
Pumkin pie and cover it in cool hawhip…never get enough of that shit. [/quote]

Wait, what did you say? hawhip? Why are you pronouncing the ‘h’ so hard?

[quote]polo77j wrote:
oreo balls

rofl!

[quote]polo77j wrote:
New Bedford … close though[/quote]

Ahh, New Beff. I can’t wait for some of my mom’s Portuguese cooking.

psshh, I’m getting fucked up…you guys have fun with all that pie and shit. I’m working the door at my club!

Some times you just have to say “fuck it”. If you ate halfway decently the last few months, I doubt much damage will be done over two weeks that can’t be fixed within a month afterwards.

I just hate gyms will be more crowded soon because everyone else was on a “cheat year”.