Hole in Chest

I have what some people refer to as a “hole” in my chest. My pecs are seperated and there is only bone, no muscle at all. It gradually gets wider from top to bottom. The question is, what can i do to fill that gap in, if anything? This is the only physique oriented thing I care about, as it is a little embarassing. I am currently following crossfit workouts and do some additional olympic lifting. Thanks.

[quote]ILfball wrote:
I have what some people refer to as a “hole” in my chest. My pecs are seperated and there is only bone, no muscle at all. It gradually gets wider from top to bottom. The question is, what can i do to fill that gap in, if anything? This is the only physique oriented thing I care about, as it is a little embarassing. I am currently following crossfit workouts and do some additional olympic lifting. Thanks.[/quote]

That “hole” is called your sternum. It is your breast plate where both halves of your rib cage meet. Think of it as extra protection for your heart. How your pectoral muscles attach to that breast plate is purely genetic and some people have a larger gap than others. You can’t fill it in because there is no muscle there. You can decrease the way it looks by building really big chest muscles that compensate for it. Just like someone can’t make their hip bones smaller, they can however build big shoulders and big legs to make it LOOK smaller. Bottom line, someone with small chest muscles is going to have that area stand out more than someone with big chest muscles. Eat and lift heavy.

I know that it is my sternum, it just looks like a hole because the pecs go out, but not across it, creating the illusion of a whole.

So no one thinks that the muscle can grow over the exposed sternum?

Now that I write this, it is sounding like a stupid question. i guess you cant promote muscle growth where there is no muscle. I imagine it would be like trying to stimulate muscle growth on your knee cap, huh?

[quote]ILfball wrote:
I imagine it would be like trying to stimulate muscle growth on your knee cap, huh?[/quote]

Or over your skull. You could always promote more growth over your face and then no one will know who you are to make fun of you.